Author Topic: Distribution of Clone Wars Wave 3  (Read 20678 times)

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
Re: Distribution of Clone Wars Wave 3
« Reply #15 on: January 11, 2004, 11:28 PM »
The remnants (Kit and Sae See) are floating around at WM's in my area...  2 off the top of my head got in rather large shipments of these figures actually.

The Clones were scooped up immediately.  I got the very last (And the only one so far in my collection) Clone at the one WM I speak of...  Unfortunately, that figure was packed evenly with Kit and Sae See...  Stupid Hasbro.

Anyway, I hope the Clone sees a repack on another card, or better yet is offered in some sort of set similar to the 3-packs.  Hell, this figure is what the 3-packs should've had in it in the first place.  Would've cost less in the long-run most likely.

The Kit and Sae's are still around...  Not nearly as abundant though.  Wave 2 was the wave that hit and was never seen again hardly around my area.  I got the last Assajj one Target had, and have never seen Durge...  The Obi's and Mace's held off for a while, but in about a month were all gone it seemed.

Clone Wars seemed to sell amazingly well.  I remember one WM opening tons of Wave 3 cases, putting them out, and when I got there all that was left was one Clone (the one I got) and rows of Kit and Sae....

I went to that same Wal-Mart then in about mid-December, a month after I was first there, and they were down to two pegs of Kit and Sae figures...  They REALLY moved a lot of CW stuff.  Much more than I'd thought they would, and much more than Saga seemed to move.

The Clone Wars cartoon was one of the first things I've seen to get kids back into the SW line, if even for a short period of time.  Shudder to think what a full cartoon series could do for it?  :)  
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline JediKnight87

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #16 on: February 6, 2004, 01:46 AM »
 I got my Kit and Tin but no SA trooper. Haven't seen em since.
"Now I am the Master!"-Darth Vader

SilverZ

« Reply #17 on: February 11, 2004, 01:00 AM »
Come to think of it, I haven't seen ANY CW figures (non-animated) at all in the last few weeks. Even the TRUs around here that had tons of them have dried up. Are they warming pegs anywhere now?

Offline aka DaBigKahuna

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 11, 2004, 10:25 AM »
Come to think of it, I haven't seen ANY CW figures (non-animated) at all in the last few weeks. Even the TRUs around here that had tons of them have dried up. Are they warming pegs anywhere now?

I'd love to hear about the identity thing, maybe it somewhere in Watto's.  Any hoot, Clone Wars have all but dried up in the SF Valley as well.  Targets I can understand as figures dropped down to $1.38, but Toys 'R' Us, I can't quite figure out.  

-Fish-

Offline Mainland05

• Jedi Apprentice
  • inventing a time machine :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 11, 2004, 01:46 PM »
I saw some Clone Wars series 3 figures, last night at Target. SA Clonetrooper supriseingly was a pegwarmer, and there were only about 3 or 4 Kit Fisto's and tons of Saesee Tiin. :o And alot of Animated figures but there were no Wave 2 of Durge, Dooku or Yoda or Troopers.
Born & Raised Modesto Man. :)

Offline Famine

• Noderator
  • Jedi Master
  • Who watches The Famine?
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 11, 2004, 05:42 PM »
I saw some Clone Wars series 3 figures, last night at Target. SA Clonetrooper supriseingly was a pegwarmer, and there were only about 3 or 4 Kit Fisto's and tons of Saesee Tiin. :o And alot of Animated figures but there were no Wave 2 of Durge, Dooku or Yoda or Troopers.

Did you happen to pick me up one ;D

Still havents seen these bad boys at retail.

Kevin
The picture kept, will remind me...

Offline Mainland05

• Jedi Apprentice
  • inventing a time machine :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 11, 2004, 06:12 PM »
Nope, i already have one! ;)
Born & Raised Modesto Man. :)

Offline DualSaberMaster

• Jedi Initiate
  • "Oh great, it's Fett"
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 28, 2004, 04:31 AM »
I have an extra Tiin if anyone can't find one.

-Fish-

I know this is kinda an old thread,but would you still happen to have that extra Tiin?  I have only seen pics of him online,and he looks so Bada$$.
-Ricardo

"I'm like a bad penny, I always turn up"
"#1 Hater of PT Haters, OT+PT = SW Forever."

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 28, 2004, 04:15 PM »
Does anyone have a Kit Fisto from the CW line???  Only one I am missing.  LMK please.
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline dustrho

• Jedi Knight
  • AWESOME
    • View Profile
    • SANDTROOPERS.com
« Reply #24 on: February 28, 2004, 04:35 PM »
I never did find the Clone Wars Kit Fisto or Saesee Tin.  Never saw them in stores, and never got them through trades.  I was really hoping to have found these, but since I haven't gotten them yet I'm not stressing out anymore about them.  If I don't get them... oh well.
dustrho

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 1, 2004, 11:37 AM »
As far as I could tell, Wave 3 never did show up anywhere around here.  I've never seen any portion of that wave, and to be honest, Wave 2 came and went pretty quickly too.  It is funny, I kind of thought these figures would end up being pegwarmers...but I don't see anything from this line hanging at any of the stores around here anymore.  I didn't really end up collecting the line itself (with the exception of one SA Clone from a friend, and ARC, and the Yoda)...but I was surprised at how well it sold.  Actually, most everything from Star Wars seems to be selling well around here anymore (with the slight exception of the Bail Organa wave at TRU).

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
« Reply #26 on: March 28, 2004, 05:02 PM »
The only Clone Wars figure left around here are the first wave of Animated figures, and a buttload of Obi-Wan and Mace at a lone K-Mart.

Retailers really didn't buy into the first wave too heavily. I got the set with the Clones from Wal-Mart, and only Osco got the regular packed versions. Only ever saw one Red ARC at Target, which I'm guessing was a return.
Wave 2 showed heavily at Wal-Mart and K-Mart, and Durge and Asajj disappeared quickly.
Wave 3 showed at a single Wal-mart in town, and only about two times. Only got two SA Clones. I think that Wal-Mart still has a Saesee Tiin there. If anyone needs it, I'll be glad to pick it up. Just LMK so I can check first.
don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk

Offline Jedirhino

• Jedi Initiate
  • The party's over....
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 28, 2004, 06:36 PM »
Wave 2 showed at KMart with a ton of pegwarmers, if you need a Mace, Durge or Asajii LMK I probably could get you one...as for Wave 3 forget it...I did win wave 1 on Ebay Yoda, Obi, and Anakin for $10 with shipping...I traded in those figures for the 2 packs at Walmart...figured it was a much better deal

Offline JediKnight87

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #28 on: April 6, 2004, 09:04 PM »
All I need is the clone and I have all the CW line! Anyone know where I can find it? Ebay is just crazy to get this figure...  >:(
"Now I am the Master!"-Darth Vader

Offline Nathan

• Jedi Knight
  • Destroying the hobby one EU figure at a time.
    • View Profile
    • The Clone Wars Unofficial Site (in carbonite)
« Reply #29 on: July 24, 2005, 03:59 PM »
Wave 3 was on Target pegs here for a while actually. I grabbed Saesee, but passed on Kit until I found him loose at CIII.

Here's how the basic line went for me:

Anakin Skywalker, Saesee Tiin -- saw, bought
ARC Trooper -- saw, bought blue and red, bought another blue later on
Yoda, Obi-Wan, Mace, Kit -- saw, passed for the moment, bought elsewhere later
Durge -- can't recall if I found or not, but have the one from the Swoop Bike Deluxe
Asajj Ventress -- can't remember if I saw her or not, will get the improved one from the Battle Pack
SA Clone Trooper -- take a guess. ::) :(
Twitter: @OKeefeNathan
Blog: Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Fanboy (in carbonite since '09, back someday)