Author Topic: Super Pooper Anakin with Swoop Bike...  (Read 2190 times)

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
Super Pooper Anakin with Swoop Bike...
« on: January 18, 2003, 01:53 AM »
You've seen the new boxed pix of Anakin's Swoop by now, so what do you think?

I think the swoop looks quite nice - very movie accurate, aside from one thing: that stupid seat belt!  I realize what it's purpose is obviously, but none of the other Speeder Bikes or Swoops have had them, and their respective riders stayed mounted for the most part with no problems.  Oh well, I guess it's nothing a pair of scissors or an exacto knife can't fix...

As for the Anakin figure, probably not even worth wasting my time commenting on that craptastic super-duper-pooper-trooper!  I mean, he is in the pooping action stance, is he not?  Pretty similar to the recent Deluxe Force Flipping Anakin.  Then there's the obvious omission of Anakin's cloak, which he's wearing on his Swoop ride towards his date with his Darkside destiny.  Not to mention the lightsaber (possibly dedicated?) and the always useful "Lightsaber Slashing Attack" for your late evening Swoop cruise around the desert.  Ugh...  This one's just brutal.  Why even put the figure in there in the first place if they're going to go about it like this...?

But like I said, the Swoop looks excellent!   :)

Offline Bespin_refugee

• Youngling
  • "Intensify forward firepower! TOO LATE!! AAAAAHHH
    • View Profile
Re:Super Pooper Anakin with Swoop Bike...
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2003, 03:33 AM »
I  was looking forward to this for so long until I saw the pix  :'(
Then there's the obvious omission of Anakin's cloak...

that was the first thing i noticed; I was hoping it was a prototype mistake or something.

Not to mention the lightsaber (possibly dedicated?)

I can only hope it's like the Dooku (another site had pix, one of which showed both hands on the handle  bars)

if you're going to have the fig next to the bike,why use the 'diorama' packaging??? might as well card it.

But like I said, the Swoop looks excellent!   :)
I will give them that.

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
  • Bouncy! Bouncy! I'm An Insane Kubrickaholic!™
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2003, 12:08 PM »
The Swoop look's very good.  As for Anakin, I agree on the above comments. Lack of Cloak & being  the Deluxe Force Flipping action feature does not do it Justice.
I would ony get it if it marked down & only for the Swoop.

Offline max_one

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2003, 01:58 PM »
from the sound of things, i'm just going to get it for the awesome swoop.