Author Topic: 25th Anniversary Clonetrooper  (Read 24155 times)

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
Re: 25th Anniversary Clonetrooper
« Reply #30 on: January 29, 2004, 10:56 PM »
My guess would be for the screwing...   :P

Offline Darth Kenobi

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: January 29, 2004, 11:18 PM »
April 4th, eh?  Still have a ways to go, but at least we've finally got some official confirmation on this thing.  So stay away from eBay and the e-tailers folks, 'cause just like with the Silver R2 - the Clone's gonna be free with any $20 purchase at TRU or TRU.com.  Cool!   8)

Still don't like the idea of the Silver Clonetrooper itself (should've been a Stormtrooper dammit!), but what the hell - I'll get a couple.

Spolier below.
Techincally it is a Stormtrooper since they are clones but I feel like you it should of been a OT verison of the trooper and not a PT version.

Anyone know if this will be aviliable in Canada, or are us Canucks getting screwed again like the Silver R2??
If it doesn't get release up in the great white north I'm sure some of us can help out our fellow collectors.  I know alot of people who got extras of R2's and some got them for .01cents.  Hopefully the Clones will end up like that.

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 30, 2004, 10:39 PM »
Anyone know if this will be aviliable in Canada, or are us Canucks getting screwed again like the Silver R2??

Scott

Scott, you know better than that.  Of course we're getting screwed again.  That or you can go buy 4 jar jar senators at your local TRU to qualify for one of these. :-*
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline Boba Binks

• Jedi Padawan
  • The Most Feared Bounty Hunter on Naboo
    • View Profile
    • David Jonathan Syczylo
« Reply #33 on: January 31, 2004, 12:00 PM »
I got my Clone from a friend overseas. It is a so so figure. I just wanted it for I am a completist. In April I will probably grab a few for some friends and or trades.

I have heard that on some sites they are going for over $100.00!!  :o
Just wait and they will be here soon.
For those of you looking for me. I am now at www.sandtroopers.com

Offline JediKnight87

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #34 on: February 6, 2004, 01:39 AM »
Anyone going in April to get it? Are you guys gonna wait in line or what?
"Now I am the Master!"-Darth Vader

Offline jadesfire

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: March 7, 2004, 04:07 PM »
So do you think we will have new stuff to pick from on April 4th or will I be purchasing a few Zam's again to get my silver trooper?? :P

At least I might be able to pass off some of the older stuff to nephews for their Easter baskets  ;).
Beth

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #36 on: March 24, 2004, 06:00 PM »
Sounds like Jesse's local TRU has (mistakenly) already put some of these on the pegs, for $4.99.  So keep your eyes peeled for a similar stroke of luck at your store.  Otherwise, the waiting game for April 4th continues...

Better pray that they've even got $20 worth of stuff to buy too, 'cause most of my local TRUs haven't had squat in 3 months!   >:(

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #37 on: March 24, 2004, 06:06 PM »
I'm holding off buying the Jedi 4-pack to get the Clone, personally.  TRU DOES have some stuff out there though...  Here anyway.  At least we have some Bespin Guards anyway for army building.  Not too much else, though Tatooine Wave's shipping to some TRU's here, and there's some Hoth leftovers here and there.  Cool stuff, sort of...  
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
« Reply #38 on: March 25, 2004, 12:30 AM »
I visited my local TRU today, and on my way out, I noticed more than a dozen cases of...something piled up in a corner. The cases were from Hasbro, and had a 'Promotions' label. It's about the size of a basic Star Wars figure case.

I wonder if these are it.
don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk

Offline Mainland05

• Jedi Apprentice
  • inventing a time machine :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: March 25, 2004, 12:39 AM »
I visited my local TRU today, and on my way out, I noticed more than a dozen cases of...something piled up in a corner. The cases were from Hasbro, and had a 'Promotions' label. It's about the size of a basic Star Wars figure case.

I wonder if these are it.

You, know my TRU had the same exact thing too!!  Lots of cases, I would say about 3 dozen or so cases, I asked the cash register female, and she told me that it was for some promotion that was coming up.  And then I though!  Uh huh!!  So yea, I would say those are those lucky clones, in the boxes.  April 4th is not so far away.  

But it is a 4 year, anniversary  for when Star Wars : Episode 1 : The Phantom Menace, was released on VHS!  Wow. How excited I was to get the ugly video tape!  With the free case, that came with it, if you pre-ordered it from TRU!
Born & Raised Modesto Man. :)

Offline jadesfire

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: March 25, 2004, 12:43 PM »
I just looked at the ad over at RS and it states free with any purchase of $14.99, which is five bucks cheaper than we all thought.  
Beth

Offline Mainland05

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: March 25, 2004, 01:49 PM »
Really,  :o

I though it was 19.99?  So now it is 14.99 well hopefull they will put out some new waves!

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #42 on: March 25, 2004, 05:09 PM »
I'm thinking I'm gonna stock up on some army builders of decent droid fodder if it's around...  That and that Jedi 4-pack.  It's an excuse to buy that dismal POS for the restraint thing.

Now if only there were decent Obi-Wan's available for it and customizing...   :P

TRU has some decent junk at it right now though, so it's better now than the R2 promotion was.  I remember scrounging to get my R2's.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

SilverZ

« Reply #43 on: March 25, 2004, 08:42 PM »
The ad lists an online item # for the Clone (though its not listed when you search by that number), so I'm assuming they'll show up like the R2 did on the ad date. Might be a good backup, just in case.

Offline Mainland05

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: March 25, 2004, 08:44 PM »
Good Point! ;)

The Force.net is saying that these are packed 32 per case?

Is this true?
« Last Edit: March 25, 2004, 08:48 PM by Mainland05 »