Author Topic: 25th Anniversary Clonetrooper  (Read 24154 times)

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
Re: 25th Anniversary Clonetrooper
« Reply #75 on: April 7, 2004, 12:59 AM »
I found an Archangel from the X-Men Classics line there on Sunday. Must have slipped through their grasp. F---ers.

I remember one time, when Slave Leia finally came out in the POTF2 line. I saw some stockboy putting out the case she and Han Bespin came out in, and saw four figures still sitting in the case while the guy walked away. What a dick. At least he doesn't 'work' there anymore.
don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk

Offline Jedirhino

• Jedi Initiate
  • The party's over....
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: April 7, 2004, 06:29 AM »
Did he walk away with the figures or did you have an opportunity to remove them from the box and put them in your cart???

Offline Mikey D

• Jedi Knight
  • Lost soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: April 7, 2004, 07:30 AM »
The local TRU had about 10 of them on the shelves, all with the orange $4.99 price tag.  Now, I wasn't going to go out of my way to track one of these down and if I never got it, no sweat off my back.  Since it's TRU, they had absolutely sh!t to buy.  I could have bought a BH or Hoth 4 pack and got the free figure, but decided to try buying the clone itself.  I grabbed three, looked around a bit more and went to the cashier.  No problems, she rang them up like they were regular figs.  I swiped the CC, signed and left.

But like others have said, TRU should really get their sh!t together.  Between not having them ready or not understanding how the promo works (not that I'm going to argue), that store is a dump.  They are so far behind in product, it's ridicolous.  I much rather take my business to Target or the occassional Walmart.
Common sense isn't so common

Offline aka DaBigKahuna

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: April 7, 2004, 11:17 AM »
I got my two from Amazon yesterday.

This about sums it up.  I open the package with my youngest (7 yr old) looking over my shoulder.

He exclaims...2003??? ::)

Then...dad, those bubbles are jacked up :o

There you have it, insight from the mind of a seven year old.

-Fish-
« Last Edit: April 7, 2004, 11:18 AM by FishEyedLouie »

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
« Reply #79 on: April 7, 2004, 02:11 PM »
Did he walk away with the figures or did you have an opportunity to remove them from the box and put them in your cart???

He walked away with them. I didn't get those two figures until a month later.
don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk

Offline Jedirhino

• Jedi Initiate
  • The party's over....
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: April 7, 2004, 06:49 PM »
Bummer...hope you didn't pay scalper prices...When I lived in Wisconsin, I always found all of the figures, when someone said that they were out, I just went to the store and found them..but for the last three years, I've been living in Florida, and for the most part I have missed just about everything when it comes out...usually I have to wait about 3 months for it to finally hit...then I am about 3 waves behind... :P

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #81 on: April 8, 2004, 12:00 AM »
Went into my local TRU today, and they still had TEN of the Silver Clones hanging on the otherwise empty pegs.  They all had badly bent cards, which might be part of the reason they were still around, or else it was the fact that this TRU has absolutely no figures, and the other SW items they have are all well over a year old.   ::)

Pretty lame promotion.  Anyone actually buy $15 worth of stuff for the freebie, or did most everyone nab one or two for the $4.99 price that most TRUs were selling them at (like I did)?

Offline Mikey D

• Jedi Knight
  • Lost soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: April 8, 2004, 06:53 AM »
I never thought about it, but since I did buy three and that's technically $15 worth of stuff, shouldn't I have received a free clonetrooper?

Not that I would want another one, two's enough for me.
Common sense isn't so common

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #83 on: April 8, 2004, 10:44 AM »
My 3 Silver Clones arrived last night from Amazon.com:

Clone #1 - Arrived C9.5 - Minty Fresh!  Yes!
Clone #2 - Arrived C8-9 - Card has a slight crease on the back (from where the bubble is attached), but the condition is better than most.
Clone #3 - Competed crushed - Looked like a fat kid sat on it.  Bubble damage was so bad, the clone wasn't even holding the gun anymore.

So, my Amazon.com service was across the board.  

I kept the minty one, sold the crushed one to my pal at work (he's an opener, so he didn't care) and posted my extra (Clone #2) for sale here at JD.com for someone to buy.

Overall, I'm satisified with my Amazon experience because I got what I wanted, my opener pal got what he wanted, and someone here at JD.com will get one too... (of course, I had to order 3 figures to ensure I got what I wanted, but eh, that's life).

Jeff
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Boba Binks

• Jedi Padawan
  • The Most Feared Bounty Hunter on Naboo
    • View Profile
    • David Jonathan Syczylo
« Reply #84 on: May 18, 2004, 01:14 PM »
This morning I made a stop at Toys-R-Us (Greenwood, IN)and on the pegs they have about 20 of the Silver Clonetrooper for $4.99.

For those of you looking for me. I am now at www.sandtroopers.com

Offline Jedirhino

• Jedi Initiate
  • The party's over....
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: May 18, 2004, 04:09 PM »
WOW!!!!