Author Topic: Sesame Street Figures  (Read 22822 times)

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
Re: Sesame Street Figures
« Reply #30 on: December 9, 2004, 02:15 PM »
Oh lord, I thought that was Gregg's rule ::)  Sometimes I wonder if the ass knows what the sphincter is doing over there

Offline The Collector

• Youngling
  • Behold! I am The Collector!
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: December 10, 2004, 12:09 AM »
That Grover is kickin'!

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: December 15, 2004, 08:41 AM »
ToyNewsI.com has some big ole pics up of the Super Grover and "Grover Kent".  Looks pretty nice.  Great that Palisades got the rights to this line, I'm sure they will do it the proper justice.  Going to be hard to not want to pick up a few here and there for nostalgia's sake (such as Cookie Monster, Grover, Snuffy, the Count, Oscar, and Barkley the Dog...some of my favorites).  Heck they are all good :).

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #33 on: January 27, 2005, 02:25 PM »

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: February 23, 2005, 10:56 AM »
For those interested, Figures.com has a gallery up showing some of the upcoming Sesame Street product from Palisades.  Looks kind of neat, and makes me feel a bit nostalgic :).  You can check out the pics HERE.  Looks like RS has a little more detailed gallery up HERE as well.
« Last Edit: February 23, 2005, 10:57 AM by mosnab »

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: March 21, 2005, 03:16 PM »
MWCToys.com has a review up of the first figure of the Sesame Street Line: Super Grover.  Clicky the link if interested.

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #36 on: May 12, 2005, 08:40 PM »
Hey, where'd everybody go?!  Just like the Muppets line, I'm loving these figures, but won't be collecting them, unfortunately.  But I still want to see you guys preview the new stuff in here, dammit!  Due for initial release around September'ish now, it sounds like...

Each series figure will be released in two versions. One for mass retail which will include a figure and accessories, and another version for the collector's market which will include pieces of Sesame Street that you can assemble yourself. Retailers will be announced later this year.

So here's Series 1:

Collector's Club exclusive Super Grover:

As for Series 2:
Palisades Toys has also officially announced that series 2 will feature: Bert, Count Von Count, the Yip-Yip Martians and Roosevelt Franklin. A special release of Big Bird is also planned for later this year.

I saw a picture in one of the recent action figure magazines, that included a shot of the whole 123 Building on Sesame Street as well.  Damn, how I wanted that when I was young.  I actually had the little Fisher Price Sesame Street figures when I was like 4, and I always begged my dad to make me a facade of the building, to set them up in front of.  In fact, I think there was a 123 Building by Fisher Price way back then, but I never got it which is why I've longed for one ever since (kinda like the Imperial Shuttle, which FAO finally laid to bed).

Anyway, this line looks pretty cool, and is obviously pretty nostalgic for us old farts who grew up on the show.  Just wish I had the balls to collect 'em.  I'm sure Palisades is gonna kick major ass with the license though, so it's good to see that Fun 4 All wound up going bankrupt and losing their shot at these.  Can't wait for more...
« Last Edit: May 12, 2005, 09:13 PM by JediMAC »

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #37 on: May 12, 2005, 08:53 PM »
Damned pix keep "x"ing out...  Here's another shot from Entertainment Earth:

More "x"s, so copy/paste these links:
http://www.action-figure.com/images/05/03/sesame/Untitled2.jpg

http://www.action-figure.com/images/05/03/sesame/Untitled9.jpg

http://www.action-figure.com/images/05/03/sesame/Untitled1.jpg

There's currently 24 pieces planned for the overall diorama (the street sections).  So it looks like they're really gonna make one helluva lot of the actual street, if not all of it.  Could include much of the following:

123 building (already seen)
Fix it shop
Hoopers store
Play yard
Big birds nest area
Alleyway
Subway entrance
News stand
Clock tower
Kids playground area
Etc.

Why am I suddenly feeling like I need to start watching PBS again?!  :P
« Last Edit: May 12, 2005, 09:22 PM by JediMAC »

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #38 on: May 12, 2005, 11:11 PM »
Jamie actually got me a Grover from the Collectors Club.  Its amazing, truly and utterly amazing.  I resisted the Muppets, there is no way I can resist the Street

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: June 3, 2005, 09:42 AM »
According to this report at TNI, it sounds as if the figures will no longer be coming with the diorama "street" pieces, and will be sold seperately now.  Read about it HERE.  Sounds like it should make the figures cheaper overall though.

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #40 on: June 6, 2005, 09:26 AM »
 :-\  That means they couldn't do it at a proper pricepoint and it also means those diorama pieces are going to be tough to get in future waves since I see shelf warming written all over them :-\ :-\ :-\ :-\

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: October 27, 2005, 04:08 PM »
In Action-Figure.com's Pre-Toy Fair Coverage, they have some more pics of the Sesame Street line, including an idea of how they will look packaged.  It looks to me like there is no cardback shown, but the figures/accessories in their "bubble".  Anyways, if interested, there are some pics at the linky.

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: November 23, 2005, 09:28 AM »
ToyNewsI has an article, with packaged pics of Wave 1, on the Sesame Street toys.  Unfortunately, it sounds like there is a slight danger these won't make it to retail, apparently support has been poor so far.  More at the linky.

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: January 4, 2006, 10:52 AM »
I see BBTS now has a preorder up for the deluxe Big Bird action figure coming from Palisades in April.  The list price is about $35.  Has there been any word if these will even make it to retail at all, or are they just an online thing?  Not that I could (or should) really collect them anyways, but I was just curious.  A cookie monster would be tempting to pick up though :P.

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #44 on: January 4, 2006, 10:54 AM »
I put in a preorder right away last night

However, this line is in big time limbo right now.  There are also rumors going around that Palisades is not in too good shape :-\

Word on the Palisades boards is that Retail is balking at the line.  Too kiddy for collectors and too adult for kiddies ::)
« Last Edit: January 4, 2006, 10:56 AM by Scott »