Author Topic: Toy Fair 2004 news  (Read 2898 times)

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
Toy Fair 2004 news
« on: February 15, 2004, 04:25 PM »
I got most of this news from FBTB.net:

There will be NO new sets for the rest of 2004. After the Falcon is released, that's it.

The 10131 set was NOT revealed. It will be a Lego Shop @ Home exclusive (Like Cloud City and the Star Destroyer), and S@H exclusives are not shown at Toy Fair.

In August, Lego will begin coloring the minifigs from Liscensed sets (Star Wars, Harry Potter, and Spider-Man) with a peach tone, so they will look like real people.

-----------------------------------

Personally, I am a little disappointed with Lego. I'm okay with the 10131 and the news about 2004 sets, but that flesh tone announcement makes me mad! Who cares if the figures don't have a "natural" look? Now they aren't going to match any of the older minifigs! >:(

Thoughts?
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline dustrho

• Jedi Knight
  • AWESOME
    • View Profile
    • SANDTROOPERS.com
Re: Toy Fair 2004 news
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2004, 12:22 PM »
There will be NO new sets for the rest of 2004. After the Falcon is released, that's it.

That's total crap!  I'm a huge Star Wars LEGO fan, and have almost every single one of the LEGO kits ever made for the Star Wars genre (minus the Rebel Blockade and the Star Destroyer).  This is terrible news, and there are so many more months left for 2004... I sure hope LEGO changes their minds about this.   >:(
dustrho

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2004, 01:08 PM »
Well they arereleasing the 10131 set, but we don't know anything about that.

Personally, I'm more upset about the skin tone figures. I don't care how many more Lego sets we get this year, I want yellow minifigs!
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline chuckles

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2004, 03:28 PM »
I'm kind of glad they are only releasing the Falcon and this mysterious 10131 set. If it is indeed a Shop at Home exclusive, that means it is probably big $$$ and the Falcon is going to be in the $90-$100 range so 2 expensive sets is plenty for me to get for the summer assortment. I'll have more than enough other things to spend my money on now with everything else just announced.

Now if I can just get the AT-AT set, I'll be all caught up again with everything. That and that pesky UCS X-Wing.  >:(

Offline JediMateo

• Youngling
  • Use the Fork, Luke, the Fork!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 6, 2004, 07:12 PM »
As a lego fan for over a decade...it upsets me greatly to know that we will be losing our little yellow men.