Author Topic: Have You Ever Considered?  (Read 6712 times)

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Re: Have You Ever Considered?
« Reply #15 on: January 15, 2004, 09:33 AM »
Thanks for the comments everyone, its nice to see that I'm not the only one who feels this way.  And, I wholeheartedly agree with those that have said the character designs haven't gone away with the prequels.  The characters are still amazing, and I do enjoy collecting them.  When it comes down to it, I'll still collect both trilogies....but I tend to get a little more enthused about the OT offerings.  I'm always up for more Jedi and Clonetroopers too though :P.

I also saw that blurb at TF.N this morning, about the "sequel" trilogies.  Who knows if it will actually happen or not, but interesting news to say the least.  I think a lot of people would be interested (even non-super fans) if they got many of the originals to at least do cameos (Harrison Ford, Carrie Fisher, Mark Hammill, Billy Dee).  I'd be pretty surprised if they did though.  Interesting news though anyways....:)

Offline Jim

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 15, 2004, 10:20 AM »
Bad news for those hoping there is an end in sight

From theforce.net...

EP3: SPOILER Also Signed for Sequel Trilogy?
Wed, Jan 14, 04 05:10:30 PM EST

Rob tells us that the December 2003 issue of the British movie mag HOTDOG has just hit the stands here in the U.S. and found several cool Star Wars related things. In particular, on page 12, here's this possibly amazing passage:
"No wonder  SPOILER is smiling. Not only has he been rescued from obscurity and given the chance to reprise his role as SPOLIER for Episode III, but his contract also stipulates that he'd be required to appear in Episodes 7, 8, and 9.
Yes folks, seems there are actual whispers at Lucasfilm that the 'sequel' trilogy might be in the works..."

In addition, there's a cool spoiler page (though nothing new for TheForce.net regulars) with a great caricature of Hayden as Anakin/Vader. The cover "story" is a list of the "50 Coolest Movie Characters Ever". #22 is Boba Fett, #13 is Indiana Jones, and #3 is Darth Vader! There's also a "Brief History of Time" according to the movies. It begins with "A Long Time Ago".

Please. Be. True. Of course, remember that the official word from Lucasfilm has been and is currently "no." We'll email them for a comment on the story and post any updates here.

NNNNMooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Offline speedermike

• Jedi Apprentice
  • He doesn't like you...
    • View Profile
    • MichaelRex.com
« Reply #17 on: January 15, 2004, 10:43 AM »
Hmmm....Episodes 7, 8, and 9?   I'll believe it when it's official.  I just can't figure out what they would really be about.

However, if they featured Mark Hamill in a big role I think it would be cool.  Honestly, I could do without Han, Leia, Lando even though I love 'em.  Have you seen Hamill lately with the beard?  He kind of looks like a bad azz.

Give me Luke, the Droids, a wookie, and and make the rest new.
Children's Book Author and Illustrator   mikerexbooks.blogspot.com

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #18 on: January 15, 2004, 11:07 AM »
Eh, I think its bunk.  Lucas has said repeatedly that he isn't interested.  The only thing would be is if someone else took over the Saga to do them.  $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ runs the world my friends and ole Georgie boy is living mighty well, it wouldn't shock me if true.  I just hope for my wallets sake it isn't :-*

Offline figureaddict

• Youngling
  • Ohh Monkey!
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 15, 2004, 02:59 PM »
Would be nice if it happened though!
Jason, Super Sci-Fi Space Monkey