Author Topic: FFURG.com - News and Updates  (Read 18910 times)

Offline jokabofe

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
Re: FFURG Card Templates Back In Action
« Reply #15 on: August 19, 2004, 06:37 PM »
and thanks for pimping one of my cards on our front page jesse  ;D

Offline CorranHorn

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I can't think of anything witty to say...
    • View Profile
    • The Power Of The Customizer
« Reply #16 on: August 19, 2004, 10:41 PM »
and thanks for pimping one of my cards on our front page jesse  ;D

yeah that was some quality pimping JJ, good job!

dave: love the new quote under you avatar!
Jason F.

- FFURG Admin
- Vintage Needs: Micro Collection Snowspeeder box and pilots, Micro Collection X-Wing pilot

Offline jokabofe

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 19, 2004, 11:02 PM »
gotta love the aqua teen hunger force  :D

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #18 on: August 20, 2004, 12:58 AM »
That one's yours Dave?  haha, oh the irony.  :)
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Re: Come One! Come All! FFURG.com FForums Are Open!
« Reply #19 on: March 23, 2005, 10:29 AM »
I do like the forums there a lot, but am disappointed in the lack of traffic that is there.  There's still a lot more participation at many other forums it seems.

For example, when I post something new of mine there, I rarely get any feedback, but at another site I know I will get a lot more.

:P

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #20 on: March 23, 2005, 08:47 PM »
Takes traffic to make traffic...  Customs here, customs there, it's all good but the point of the FFURG FForums Customizing Community is to bring all customizers together at a site maintained and moderated by customizers with separate sections for separate areas of customizing...

Do other sites have that? 

The problem is, the other site you're hinting at mainly I think CHEWIE, is that the people there want more eyes on their stuff rather than to hear honest criticism...  They don't want to hear a critique, but just to get a "Very Nice!" with every reply...

The only way the community and customizing will grow is if customizers try to be a tighter-knit group.  It doesn't mean a site's forums like here at Jedi Defender aren't good for discussion or showing off one's wares, but it doesn't help customizing any if everyone flocks to one forum at a collecting site just to "show off" their stuff...

Hell, half the time anyone makes a criticism "over yonder", it degenerates into a fight between people, or it simply goes unnoticed and never responded to because half the people there don't want to be told they're not perfect.

Sad, but true state of the hobby that FFURG is/was trying to remedy.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?

Offline Ryan

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • Destiny is all
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #21 on: April 1, 2005, 03:04 PM »
Takes traffic to make traffic...  Customs here, customs there, it's all good but the point of the FFURG FForums Customizing Community is to bring all customizers together at a site maintained and moderated by customizers with separate sections for separate areas of customizing...

Do other sites have that? 

The problem is, the other site you're hinting at mainly I think CHEWIE, is that the people there want more eyes on their stuff rather than to hear honest criticism...  They don't want to hear a critique, but just to get a "Very Nice!" with every reply...

The only way the community and customizing will grow is if customizers try to be a tighter-knit group.  It doesn't mean a site's forums like here at Jedi Defender aren't good for discussion or showing off one's wares, but it doesn't help customizing any if everyone flocks to one forum at a collecting site just to "show off" their stuff...

Hell, half the time anyone makes a criticism "over yonder", it degenerates into a fight between people, or it simply goes unnoticed and never responded to because half the people there don't want to be told they're not perfect.

Sad, but true state of the hobby that FFURG is/was trying to remedy.

That's why I love FFURG, everyone there is a customizer and you can really get some good feedback. I had made a custom ship a while back and I posted it there and I got some really great suggestions on how to make it better, I took those suggestions to heart and I like the ship soo much more now. I think it has made me a better customizer, I definitely have some room for improvement but that's what FFURG is for.

When I used to post my customs at RS, I would only get like 8 replies, and almost all of them would be "cool" or "nice custom". It was uselss many of the people there posted only for  their own post count, not to actually help the other customizers. Most of them didn't even do any customizing, they would just come in because it was an easy way to bost their post count. Of course there were always a few good replies, and those would be from people who were also at FFURG.

When fellow customizers help you on your customs it really does give a great sense of community; something I've noticed other custom boards seem to be lacking, except in a few core members, that also happen to belong to FFURG.  And no one seems to have trouble taking criticsm, it is so much more enjoyable when we can discuss our mutual craft and not have to argue about who is the better customizer. I actually heard someone call Phruby jealous because he made a critque of and already great figure, (that would have made it a perfect  custom) I'm glad thre is a site like FFURG leading the customizining revolution!

Viva la FFURG! ;D
"This is the way."

Offline CorranHorn

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 1, 2005, 08:03 PM »
SLC,

You've summed up nicely just what the FForums are all about. Not many other places can you get honest critiques to your work. Outside of the FForums, I only know of this very customs forum at JD where you can get informative posts in a SW-based community. As JJ said, it doesn't need to be about quanity, just quality.

Happy Customizing!
Jason F.

- FFURG Admin
- Vintage Needs: Micro Collection Snowspeeder box and pilots, Micro Collection X-Wing pilot

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
FFURG.com - News and Updates
« Reply #23 on: May 9, 2005, 05:51 AM »
Hey all, just a general reminder thread about www.FFURG.com and its constant effort to expand the customizing community.  Keep your eyes peeled here for updates at FFURG, notices of events (C4 seems most likely) we may attend, and as always the FFURG FForumsare open for those braving the new world of customizing.  The all-inclusive customizing FForum Community!

The Forgotten Force Ultimate Resource Guide (FFURG) is your home for all your customizing questions, concerns, and comments!

Offline CorranHorn

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
Re: FFURG.com (Customizing Community Updates & Info)
« Reply #24 on: May 15, 2005, 03:11 AM »
Much thanks to Jesse and the great crew of Jedidefender for this thread. It's a great help for the customizing community,

With all the new and cool-looking variations of Clonetroopers that are coming out in full force for Revenge of the Sith, TND suggested that we should bring back the Clonetroopers Casting Call for a second round. The idea sounded so good that we're doing it. Even though they never really close, I am opening up the call for new Clonetroopers of the Episode 3 variety for debut on May 21st, the weekend following the movie's release. So check out the Clonetroopers Casting Call for all the details on how to submit your customs. Thanks to Den for the good idea!

Clonetroopers Casting Call
Jason F.

- FFURG Admin

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #25 on: May 15, 2005, 05:16 AM »
I think the Clone casting call is a great idea.  First because there's just been so many Clone customs as of late, but secondly because the Clone repaints are something I equate to the "astromechs customs of today".  Clone color variants are a great way to get into the hobby...

I'm glad a lot of new faces are trying customizing out by getting into repaints.  Some are simpler straight color markings applied, others I've seen have really elaborate markings with lots of realistic battledamage...  It's good seeing lots of new people try customizing out though, either way you slice it.

Offline CorranHorn

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 16, 2005, 06:24 PM »
I think the Clone casting call is a great idea.  First because there's just been so many Clone customs as of late, but secondly because the Clone repaints are something I equate to the "astromechs customs of today".  Clone color variants are a great way to get into the hobby...

I'm glad a lot of new faces are trying customizing out by getting into repaints.  Some are simpler straight color markings applied, others I've seen have really elaborate markings with lots of realistic battledamage...  It's good seeing lots of new people try customizing out though, either way you slice it.

I agree, that's why when TND made the suggestion, I knew it was a great idea. In hindsight though, I've decided to push back the deadline for the Return of the Clonetroopers until May 29th. Gives everyone, including myself more time to get some more Clones done.
Jason F.

- FFURG Admin

Offline CorranHorn

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 26, 2005, 04:53 AM »

An update to this Casting Call announcement...

With the release of Revenge of the Sith now behind us, it's time for a reminder that next Sunday, May 29th is the debut of the Return of the Clonetroopers Casting Call. Originally, I had planned this to be an add-on to the original Clonetroopers Casting Call but I thought it be nice to see the ROTS Clones have their own CC, what after all the carnage they went through in the new movie. We even have a reference section up with some shots of the Clonetroopers in action, so make sure to Submit your ROTS Clonetroopers today.

You can see the Reference section by . We're hoping to see a lot of submissions so don't forget to submit them into [email]submission@ffurg.com[/email] with a subject of Return of the Clonetroopers Casting Call Submissions
Jason F.

- FFURG Admin

Offline Ryan

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • Destiny is all
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #28 on: May 26, 2005, 04:57 AM »
Hey Jason, did you get my e-mail? My internet was really wierd the other day, I tried to send a couple of my ROTS Clones but I don't know if it went through. :-\
"This is the way."

Offline CorranHorn

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 26, 2005, 05:29 AM »
Hey Jason, did you get my e-mail? My internet was really wierd the other day, I tried to send a couple of my ROTS Clones but I don't know if it went through. :-\

hey ryan, sorry I didn't get your email, want to try again?
Jason F.

- FFURG Admin