Author Topic: Clone Wars Animated Cards  (Read 3649 times)

Offline Thomas Grey

• Jedi Padawan
  • What are you laughing at fuzzball?
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
Clone Wars Animated Cards
« on: January 15, 2004, 01:16 PM »
I prefer figures in the package on mint cards. I have not found a single animated Clone Wars figure without a slight crease running across the middle on the back of the card. I have concluded that this is due to the bubble and how it is applied to the card. I think these figures are pretty cool and would like to collect the sets, but I cannot find cards on these figures that measure up to my stringent expectations (no creases or bends. Card dings and dents are okay to me.

Anyone else seeing the same or is it just my area being affected with this rash of creased cards?
"There's no mystical energy field that controls my destiny."

Offline aka DaBigKahuna

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
Re: Clone Wars Animated Cards
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2004, 02:36 PM »
Thomas,

My set is MOMC, and the other's I have seen in my area have not had the card attachment problem.

I could send you a set at cost plus shipping.

LMK,

-Fish-
« Last Edit: January 16, 2004, 09:44 PM by FishEyedLouie »

Offline Thomas Grey

• Jedi Padawan
  • What are you laughing at fuzzball?
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2004, 06:52 PM »
Thanks! I am not financially gifted at this time, but your offer is kind and appreciated. Must be nice to have good cards in your area...
"There's no mystical energy field that controls my destiny."

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2004, 01:10 PM »
After reading your post, I did check the one figure I had, and noticed there is a slight bend in the card too.  I'm not a carded collector, so I don't care...but it is interesting if they are mostly this way because of the bubble.

Offline Snively Bandar

• Jedi Initiate
  • Hug a llama today!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2004, 06:42 PM »
Most of the ones I've seen are pretty mint, even on the back.  There are a few though, that have some creasing or stressing at the points where the bubble was attached.  This is pretty common on a lot of Star Wars figures though, so I don't pay it much mind.  Good luck with your MOMC hunting Thomas.

As for the animated figures cards and bubbles, I rather like the design of them, perhaps even moreso than the standard Saga line.  The character's pictures stuck on the bubble are quite cool!  Definitely don't like just that one "sharp corner" though.  Looks a little strange when the other three are all rounded.

« Last Edit: January 19, 2004, 06:51 PM by Snively Bandar »

Offline Chris

• Founder
  • Administrator
  • Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #5 on: January 20, 2004, 08:24 PM »
Collecting carded sucks, I have not found anything for many months that can qualify for my carded collection. It really sucks that the Clone Wars Animated figures have bad cards, because I have to continue caring to look for these atrocities. :-X

They suck.

Offline Mainland05

• Jedi Apprentice
  • inventing a time machine :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 21, 2004, 02:05 PM »
i like these cards, but they look to Dragonball Zish.... To me, which kinda pushes me away from buying them
Born & Raised Modesto Man. :)

Offline max_one

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 21, 2004, 05:22 PM »
i haven't had this problem, just finding ones without bent corners or dents on the sides.

btw- it's been awhile so i hope everyone had a great holiday.

Offline JediKnight87

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #8 on: February 6, 2004, 01:44 AM »
I've studied on they look when I buy em. If I see two that are close to the same then I compare the two and buy the better of the two.
"Now I am the Master!"-Darth Vader