Author Topic: Official Television Thread  (Read 154679 times)

Offline Tracy

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Call me "Your Highness" one more time........
    • View Profile
Re: Official Television Thread
« Reply #195 on: February 3, 2011, 02:46 PM »
Lovin' me some Shameless.  "No, no, no, no.  Bats are for killing, not taking to school.  I don't want anymore notes from you teacher".
"Y'all know you're the only ones with the Jesus fish in the titty bar parking lot" - Name
Cancer Sucks >:(

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #196 on: February 4, 2011, 08:37 PM »
Anyone heard anything new about Fringe? They got moved to the dreaded friday spot, not much hope for the future i think.
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Offline Symposium

• Jedi Initiate
  • I have Kubrickulosis™
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: February 5, 2011, 05:10 AM »
Anyone heard anything new about Fringe? They got moved to the dreaded friday spot, not much hope for the future i think.

It's been the top rated show for the past 3 weeks across all networks.
"Pixelated beings are we, not this crude matter!"

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: March 16, 2011, 01:31 PM »
I'm officially fine with it if they decide to cancel V now. I am sick of the writing on that show. Why do the good guys lose EVERY WEEK?!?!

I want a new show where humans are constantly kicking alien ass.

Nice of them to throw a few bones to the fans by killing off the hateful Tyler and Ryan, but it was too little, too late.

Where the hell has Marc Singer been the past 15 years? Dude is still money.

"I am Dar, of the Emurites. I seek the Jun Horde."

Money.
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline Tracy

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: April 8, 2011, 08:33 AM »
Anyone catch The Killing on AMC last Sunday?   Another awesome series from them.  It came just in time to fill the void that Shameless and Big Love have left on my Sunday nights (which is the only night of must see tv for me)  The only thing that is bothering me about The Killing right now is that I know it has a built-in end point.  Bummer >:(   
"Y'all know you're the only ones with the Jesus fish in the titty bar parking lot" - Name

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
« Reply #200 on: April 8, 2011, 09:04 AM »
I recorded "The Killing" and will probably watch it this weekend.  I hadn't heard anything about it until I caught a trailer for it right before the weekend.  So is it a mini series?  I just assumed it was a new ongoing show but if it's a mini, that's still okay if it's good.

E...
"I sell the drugs that keep you people from seeing dragons at night." - Gus "Psych"

Offline Tracy

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: April 8, 2011, 09:47 AM »
I'm not sure if it is a mini-series or not.  At the end they showed a clip of scenes from "This season" - which would indicate there is more than one season.  I would just assume that since the show revolves around the one murder that solving it would end the game.  Unless it opens up a can of worms, i.e. - similar murders in other towns......  It is good.  Sunday night was two episodes.  This Sunday it picks up with 1 hour episodes.

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: April 8, 2011, 03:58 PM »
Thanks for the info.  I guess it could be one case this season and then a new one for the second season?  Not sure but I am looking forward to seeing it.

E...
"I sell the drugs that keep you people from seeing dragons at night." - Gus "Psych"

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: April 10, 2011, 04:36 PM »
I watched the first 2 hours of The Killing yesterday and it's really good.  Interesting characters and potential for a lot of different plot directions to who could be the killer.

E...

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #204 on: April 14, 2011, 10:34 AM »
Did anyone catch Countdown to Zero on The History Channel last night?
Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: June 20, 2011, 09:37 AM »
Anyone watch Falling Skies last night on TNT? I was really looking forward to this as there is literally nothing else for me to watch on TV over the summer outside of Adult Swim.

Seemed like kind of a letdown somehow. It's just so obviously trying to be "Walking Dead" with aliens, but that didn't really translate so well. You don't really need much backstory with zombies. Aliens though? You need more backstory than a few random kid's pictures in the first 5 minutes. I'm sure there will be more forthcoming, but I didn't feel like there was really enough there up front to get you invested in the story.

It also borrowed a little heavily from "Skyline", "Battleground :LA" (or whatever it was called) and BSG> I mean, could the mechs looked any MORE like Cylons? I hated that CGI too... the actual "skitters" were rendered a lot better IMO.

I did like the whole "harness" thing although even that is borrowed heavily from other source material. Curious to see where they go with that. I also kind of liked the dude who played the leader of the post apocalyptic band of outlaws, because he is a dead ringer for the lead singer of Malevolent Creation.  >:D

Thoughts? Too derivative? Refreshing? 

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: June 20, 2011, 10:22 AM »
Almost all television is derivative...and so are most movies.  It's not like The Walking Dead is all original, for example.

I watched Falling Skies and thought it was a decent show.  Not bad on production values for a show that has that large of a scale and is on cable.  I don't have a problem waiting for more information about how the invasion all went down, I'm sure we'll get more info as the story goes on.

I have a bigger problem accepting Noah Wyle in an action role like that, not really something I ever recall him doing before.  And Moon Bloodgood?  I'm over her.  On the other hand, Jessy Schram AND Sarah Carter in the same show, on screen at the same time?  Yay.

E...

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: August 8, 2011, 05:12 PM »
So did anyone stick with Falling Skies? Last night was the season finale, and thankfully they announced a second season would be back next summer.

I really came to like this show, it can be a little annoying at times and the writing/plotting is not always very tight, but it ultimately made for an enjoyable hour of TV, IMO.

The introduction of the uber-aliens was a nice touch, opens a lot of doors for them to pursue. Would not mind at all having a toy Skitter either. Get to work TNT!

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: August 8, 2011, 05:48 PM »
So did anyone stick with Falling Skies? Last night was the season finale, and thankfully they announced a second season would be back next summer.

I really came to like this show, it can be a little annoying at times and the writing/plotting is not always very tight, but it ultimately made for an enjoyable hour of TV, IMO.

The introduction of the uber-aliens was a nice touch, opens a lot of doors for them to pursue. Would not mind at all having a toy Skitter either. Get to work TNT!

I don't get TNT, but am hoping to catch up with this online.  Nice to hear a good review for it.
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: August 8, 2011, 06:51 PM »
Yep, I watched Falling Skyes all the way through.  It was decent but there were so many little things that bugged me, they eventually piled up and distracted me.  Towards the end, even though I'd seen the second season pick-up, I couldn't really care if it came back. 

E...