Author Topic: Official Television Thread  (Read 154677 times)

Offline Qui-Gon Jim

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
Re: Official Television Thread
« Reply #240 on: March 8, 2012, 10:30 AM »
Yay! I just got an hour of my life back next year...FOX has officially cancelled "Terra Nova".

Let's just hope no one else is unfortunate enough to pick this up...let it die mercifully. I haven't missed this show one iota since it went off the air.

Kinda begs the question though, can FOX really cancel Terra Nova, Fringe, and Alcatraz all in the same year? Their network will be weirdness-free, kinda sad.

After I fell asleep while watching most episodes of this show, I decided to stop watching a while back.  This is not surprising. 

Offline Chris M

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Time to nut up or shut up.
    • View Profile
« Reply #241 on: March 8, 2012, 12:07 PM »
I somewhat enjoyed Terra Nova, but the acting was total crap.  The storyline was kind of all over the place, but it had a lot of potential. Sometimes I enjoy watching a show that doesn't require me to think an this was perfect.

What killed me was a few years ago when ABC pulled Flash Forward and NBC pulled Life.  I loved those shows.
"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote."  Ben franklin

Embrace the suck.

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #242 on: March 10, 2012, 09:17 PM »
Is Fringe getting cancelled? I actually enjoy it, i hope that it isnt.
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #243 on: March 10, 2012, 10:34 PM »
I just think Fringe needs to get off the alter-universe stuff and get back to weird monsters in our universe. That plot line has gone on way too long.
This message brought to you by Wookiee Cookiees - "MMM... Chewie!"
Visit The Endor Express - The Ultimate Guide to Disney's Star Tours

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #244 on: March 11, 2012, 01:34 PM »

There hasn't been an official decision yet, but it's not looking all that great at this point. The sad thing is, Fox won't tell them one way or the other before the final episode is shot, so they have no idea how to write things out for the rest of the season. Which means we will probably get one of those lame, unsatisfying "pseudo-endings" that doesn't really resolve anything.

I've always liked the show, but I think this season they finally stapped over the "X-Files" line, the point at which the show begings to collapse under the weight of its own mythology and becomes self-contradictory and ultimately a logical mess.

I mean seriously, BOTH Ninas are evil now?  ::)
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline Captain Piet

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
    • Ph.Geek.com
« Reply #245 on: March 11, 2012, 05:34 PM »
Fringe was recently upgraded by Michael Ausiello, ex of TV Guide, to "a safe bet" for renewal. Alcatraz needs help. Instructions here:

http://phgeek.blogspot.com/p/rocks-for-fox.html
Co-founder and contributor, PhGeek.com
"Dissertations in geek culture"
Podcasts every Wednesday on iTunes or http://phgeek.podbean.com/
Like us on Facebook, follow on Twitter @Geekswillrise

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #246 on: March 11, 2012, 09:11 PM »
I mean seriously, BOTH Ninas are evil now?  ::)

I always though Nina was evil from the very beginning no matter what universe she is in.

Offline Tracy

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Call me "Your Highness" one more time........
    • View Profile
« Reply #247 on: March 12, 2012, 09:16 PM »
Unrelated, I finally jumped on the Big Bang Theory bandwagon............Really enjoying that show.

So have we.  I am not sure how I have missed this show, but TBS runs it constantly - so we watch it whenever it is on - it's our new favorite comedy.
"Y'all know you're the only ones with the Jesus fish in the titty bar parking lot" - Name
Cancer Sucks >:(

Offline Qui-Gon Jim

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #248 on: March 13, 2012, 08:42 AM »
I have been with BBT since the first airing.  It is really funny.  Truly made for nerds.

My new show I have been catching up on is How I Met Your Mother.  I remember watching it when it first came on and being underwhelmed.  I really think it is funny, and it will be interesting to see if they can wrap up flash-back storytelling better than Lindelof and Cuse did. :)  I am just starting the sixth(?) season on Netflix ( the last season they have).

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #249 on: March 13, 2012, 09:13 AM »
Ugh, HIMYM is one of the only shows I have ever STOPPED watching. Normally when I commit to a show I am in for the long haul, but that one aggravated me so much I simply had to give it up.

They should change the name to "Everything That Ever Happened to Me EXCEPT How I Met Your Mother".

My real problem was that the writers set the table wrong for that show and kept trying to paint themselves out of a corner. IE: Ted and Robin. The whole first part of their run was them doing this whole Ross/Rachel type dance, to the point where they got me to root hard for them, only to pull the rug out from under me by screwing them up. And then when Gay Barney got into the picture,  I was done.

I HATE shows where all the characters end up dating each other at one point or another. That's just lazy.

The Slapsgiving episode was awesome though.

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #250 on: April 16, 2012, 12:17 PM »
HIMYM has had some really tough episodes to watch lately, but last weeks reminded me why I liked it. Plus, Barney the Man-child is starting to grow up... though the whole sex in stormtrooper armor fantasy is baffling.

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #251 on: April 16, 2012, 11:33 PM »
... though the whole sex in stormtrooper armor fantasy is baffling.

Oh who hasn't done that?   ???

Offline GrandMoffNick

• Jedi Master
  • You are what you choose to be
    • View Profile
« Reply #252 on: May 3, 2012, 08:20 AM »
I thought this was hilarious. Gay couple's adopted daughter on "Modern Family" lost her stuffed bunny on the subway. They are trying to determine how much effort to put in finding it.

The one guy tells his partner when he was a kid he left his Luke Skywalker doll on the plane and his dad wouldn't get it back for him. Partner asks, "shorty robe Luke or dress blacks Luke?". It was shorty robe Luke.

At the end he finds him one on the internet. As the nerd I am, I was trying to tell which Luke 12" fig it was, but I wasn't sure.

This is the water, and this is the well. Drink full, and descend. The horse is the white of the eyes, and dark within

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #253 on: May 3, 2012, 11:03 AM »

FYI, Fringe was officially renewed for a final, 13 episode season that should provide complete closure and no crappy, pseudo-religious explanations like LOST and BSG.  ::)

Great news, Fox did pretty right by this show when all is said and done. Glad they will get the proper send-off they deserve.

Happy endings for all, and no deaths, please! (Except Robert Jones and William Bell 2.0)  ;D

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #254 on: May 3, 2012, 11:52 AM »
At the end he finds him one on the internet. As the nerd I am, I was trying to tell which Luke 12" fig it was, but I wasn't sure.

I'm pretty sure that was the 12" GG Vintage Jumbo Luke