Community > Watto's Junk Yard

Official Television Thread

<< < (66/113) > >>

Phrubruh:
Somehow the Simpsons has been on for 25 years and now gets its own theme park land at Universal Studios Orlando. How did this happen? Does anyone really watch this show anymore?

BillCable:
I watch every week.  It still makes me laugh on a regular basis.

GrandMoffNick:

--- Quote from: BillCable on May  4, 2013, 05:38 PM ---I watch every week.  It still makes me laugh on a regular basis.

--- End quote ---

AMEN. Greatest show ever.

McMetal:
I still watch it every week too but would not be disappointed at all to see it go away. I've been on board since Episode 1 but I can't honestly say I enjoy it all that much anymore. I can say that about pretty much all TV shows though with the exception of Walking Dead and Archer. Everything else just seems like a chore.

Chris M:
Is anybody still watching Defiance?  Obviously a few weeks ago some folks were.

I'm still into the show and actually enjoy watching it for what it is.  When it first came out, I was hoping for something on the epic scale of Battlestar Galactica, especially when I saw the names of some of the production crew and their credits.  I didn't realize for a while this was a show spun from a video game.

So character development is what it is.  Nothing too deep and very predictable characters, but not all bad IMO.  I've been thinking of this show in the same light as Firefly.  I loved that series and didn't actually watch it until I caught all of it on Netflix last summer.  Defiance isn't really hokey or anything, just a fun show with an easy story to follow, much in line with the idea of "adventure of the week."  I appreciate having just mindless TV from time to time as I don't always want to think about a show.  So much like Firefly, it's somewhat predictable, decent characters that aren't really developed, but you know their feelings and to some degree you care about them.

All in all, I'm liking the series.  I DVR it and watch it later in the week when I've got a chance to sit still for a bit.  I'm not sure how many episodes there are in this season, but I'm kind of hoping for more next season.

Edit to add:  It looks like it was renewed for a second, 13 episode season in 2014.  It looks like the ratings have been pretty good for SyFy.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version