Author Topic: Official Television Thread  (Read 154694 times)

Offline GrandMoffNick

• Jedi Master
  • You are what you choose to be
    • View Profile
Re: Official Television Thread
« Reply #480 on: July 12, 2015, 12:53 AM »
Anyone else catch R5D4 commit suicide on Conan O'Brien? Pretty funny.
This is the water, and this is the well. Drink full, and descend. The horse is the white of the eyes, and dark within

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #481 on: July 13, 2015, 09:32 AM »
I guess since Letterman is out, Conan has to pick up the slack by throwing things out the window.
This message brought to you by Wookiee Cookiees - "MMM... Chewie!"
Visit The Endor Express - The Ultimate Guide to Disney's Star Tours

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
« Reply #482 on: July 26, 2015, 05:06 PM »
Has anyone else watched the show Airplane Repo on Discovery?  I swear, I think I've found my calling in life!  :D
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline GrandMoffNick

• Jedi Master
  • You are what you choose to be
    • View Profile
« Reply #483 on: October 24, 2015, 08:26 PM »
Is anyone watching "The Man in the High Castle" on Amazon? Admitting that I like most everything by Philip K. Dick, so I may be biased, but I watched the pilot tonight and I'm hooked. I imagine it'll be just as confusing as anything else by Dick, but so good at the same time.
This is the water, and this is the well. Drink full, and descend. The horse is the white of the eyes, and dark within

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #484 on: October 26, 2015, 11:59 AM »
Is anyone watching "The Man in the High Castle" on Amazon? Admitting that I like most everything by Philip K. Dick, so I may be biased, but I watched the pilot tonight and I'm hooked. I imagine it'll be just as confusing as anything else by Dick, but so good at the same time.

Forgot about this until you mentioned it, but the trailer looked cool.  I will definitely check it out.
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
« Reply #485 on: November 30, 2015, 01:02 AM »
Just finished The Man in the High Castle.  Excellent show!  When the hell is Season 2 due?!
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #486 on: December 16, 2015, 10:19 PM »
How about The Leftovers on HBO?  Its a little slow but I sorta like where it is going.
bump...I really love this show, this last season kicked season 1 which wound up being really good by the end

HBO picked up Season 3 which will be the end

What I like most about the show is that it is so unsettling and really really makes me think about life, death and all of that jazz.  If you liked Lost, I'd give it a try.  It's not the same show at all but it totally messes with you and has some cool threaded plots much like Lost had

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #487 on: December 17, 2015, 04:41 PM »
Netflix releases Full House teaser

Whoever they hired to voice Uncle Jesse sounds just like Dave Coulier!
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #488 on: December 19, 2015, 12:22 PM »
That's impossible since Dave Coulier is dead.
This message brought to you by Wookiee Cookiees - "MMM... Chewie!"
Visit The Endor Express - The Ultimate Guide to Disney's Star Tours

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #489 on: December 19, 2015, 09:21 PM »
Let him Rest in Peace you monsters

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #490 on: March 21, 2016, 02:22 PM »
I gotta say as much as I loved Breaking Bad, Better Call Saul has been an extremely fun look at the Saul/Mike backstory.   Love the little Breaking Bad cameos as well...great stuff

Offline Matt

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Lobot's Duplex
« Reply #491 on: March 23, 2016, 01:49 PM »
^Check out the BCS Insider podcasts sometime. Really good discussion & info from the people that make the show. (They did these for Breaking Bad, too.) Vince Gilligan seems like just the nicest guy in the world.
"The good news is that all that blood is actually ketchup. The bad news, however, is that all that ketchup is actually blood."

Offline Dave

• Jedi Master
  • Never Trust a Big Butt and a Smile - BBD
    • View Profile
« Reply #492 on: April 12, 2016, 10:51 AM »
I gotta say as much as I loved Breaking Bad, Better Call Saul has been an extremely fun look at the Saul/Mike backstory.   Love the little Breaking Bad cameos as well...great stuff

Season finale next week.  Its been a great season 2.

I really think they should call the show, "Better Call Mike".  I think his backstory and adventures are a hell of a lot more fun than Saul's at this point.  Glad to see he is getting more involved with some punks to add some fun to the show.  I like the Saul story lines, but can't wait for them to get back to Mike each time.  I can't wait for the two of them to get really mixed up together.

I wasn't a film school major, so I can't really put all my thoughts together well on this, but I love the "cinematography" with this show.  Some of the camera angles are really cool.  The way they use music is sweet.  I love the sound effects - this week it was the buzzing fluorescent lights and all the electronics freaking out Saul's brother.  It seems like half art project and half commercial tv serial.

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #493 on: September 21, 2016, 03:43 PM »
‘Toy Wars’ Drama From Josh Gad, Josh Schwartz & Seth Gordon Set at Amazon

Actor-writer Josh Gad (Angry Birds) is set to star and co-write, Josh Schwartz is attached to co-write and showrun and Seth Gordon is expected to direct Toy Wars, a limited drama series in development at Amazon, which follows the real-life battle between American toy giants Hasbro, the company behind GI Joe, Transformer and My Little Pony toys, and Barbie maker Mattel in the 1980s and 1990s.

Gad, Schwartz and Ryan Dixon will co-write the project based on the non-fiction book by G. Wayne Miller Toy Wars: The Epic Struggle Between G.I. Joe, Barbie, and the Companies that Make Them. Schwartz will serve as showrunner, with Gordon attached to direct the pilot, subject to availability.

Might be cool.
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #494 on: September 21, 2016, 04:58 PM »
Maybe Josh Gad will sing his popular hit song, "Do You Want to Build Star Wars 3.75" Super Articulated Figures" at Hasbro?