Author Topic: Official Television Thread  (Read 154921 times)

Offline name

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I ate your llama!
    • View Profile
Re: Official Television Thread
« Reply #225 on: January 24, 2012, 01:47 PM »
Saw the first two episodes on Alcatraz...the one with the sniper was ok.  Otherwise, if there have been more episodes I haven't kept up.  I don't even remember what network it was on.
This sticker is dangerous and inconvenient, but I do love Fig Newtons.

Offline Captain Piet

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
    • Ph.Geek.com
« Reply #226 on: January 24, 2012, 03:51 PM »
Fox baby
Co-founder and contributor, PhGeek.com
"Dissertations in geek culture"
Podcasts every Wednesday on iTunes or http://phgeek.podbean.com/
Like us on Facebook, follow on Twitter @Geekswillrise

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
« Reply #227 on: January 24, 2012, 07:06 PM »
Saw the first two episodes on Alcatraz...the one with the sniper was ok.  Otherwise, if there have been more episodes I haven't kept up.  I don't even remember what network it was on.

There was one new episode last night.  It wasn't bad at all, I'm enjoying the show.

Look for a re-run of the new episode this weekend perhaps.  I'll check upcoming episodes on myDVR later to see if Fox is replaying the episode.
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline Captain Piet

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
    • Ph.Geek.com
« Reply #228 on: January 24, 2012, 11:00 PM »
Good stuff last night. Gotta be available online, I would figure. I'll look into it for you.
Latest "Alcatraz" podcast by PhGeek.com, "Kit Nelson," is now available on iTunes and at http://alcatraz.podbean.com/
Co-founder and contributor, PhGeek.com
"Dissertations in geek culture"
Podcasts every Wednesday on iTunes or http://phgeek.podbean.com/
Like us on Facebook, follow on Twitter @Geekswillrise

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
« Reply #229 on: January 25, 2012, 12:23 AM »
Also....check your listings for Saturday night.  It's replaying here at 10 pm, right after the local news.
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #230 on: February 7, 2012, 11:26 PM »
So, Anyone tune in for The River tonight on ABC?

I was all hyped for this awhile back, then completely forgot about it, and just happened to see it was on tonight for the first time. I guess the premier was two episodes back to back and then there are six more left after this.

Sort of a confusing mess, but maybe that is just me. I thought the Smoke Monster ripoff was supposed to be part of the whole series, but they seem to have wrapped that up already. So I guess it's going to be a "weird-jungle-voodoo" freak of the week type deal, moreso than a densely layered allegory ala LOST. Episode 2 felt like Blair Witch Pt 3.

It's an odd collection of characters. Bruce Greenwood is ok, and I like the son and his blonde love interest well enough. But I'm pretty sure the wife is the same actress who played Terri Bauer in Season 1 of 24 and man, I do not care for her. At least she got a better haircut this time around.

I kind of liked the "Quasi Liam Neeson, but not-quite Liam Neeson" guy Kurt, but I guess he is a bad guy so boo. And I can't figure out what the hell is going on with the precocious Latino girl - is she like 13 or 18? Should I feel creepy for thinking she is hot or what? Ugh...

A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #231 on: February 8, 2012, 09:26 AM »
According to imdb, she is a 20 year old playing a 13 year old. So you can get creeped out either way.
This message brought to you by Wookiee Cookiees - "MMM... Chewie!"
Visit The Endor Express - The Ultimate Guide to Disney's Star Tours

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
  • Bouncy! Bouncy! I'm An Insane Kubrickaholic!™
    • View Profile
« Reply #232 on: February 15, 2012, 06:04 PM »
TOY HUNTERS has been picked up for 12 episodes...  8)

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #233 on: February 15, 2012, 06:18 PM »
I watched the premier of The River over the weekend.  Not great, but there's enough mystery there that I'll tune in for a few more episodes.  I think they've been a little too obvious in throwing out the "everyone has a secret past or agenda," but given the number of episodes, it looks like they will be addressing things pretty quick.  Haven't seen this week's episode yet, so the jury is still out on that one.
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #234 on: February 15, 2012, 07:37 PM »
I need to start watching the River with subtitles...it is really hard to tell what the hell they are saying sometimes, especially the cameraman and director. Friggin' mumbly Brits!

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #235 on: February 29, 2012, 11:28 PM »
I like the River so far, more than Alcatraz at least.
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #236 on: March 1, 2012, 09:42 AM »
I think I've decided that I just don't enjoy The River. The characters are mostly unlikeable, except for the Doctor and the mechanic and his Lolita-esque daughter. I hate that they felt the need to create yet another TV love triangle, seriously, is anyone NOT sick of this plot device by now?

I think it's funny that ABC keeps trying to market this as some kind of scare-fest. There's been nothing even remotely frightening in that show to this point. It's all so contrived.

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #237 on: March 6, 2012, 02:28 PM »
Yay! I just got an hour of my life back next year...FOX has officially cancelled "Terra Nova".

Let's just hope no one else is unfortunate enough to pick this up...let it die mercifully. I haven't missed this show one iota since it went off the air.

Kinda begs the question though, can FOX really cancel Terra Nova, Fringe, and Alcatraz all in the same year? Their network will be weirdness-free, kinda sad.

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #238 on: March 6, 2012, 04:42 PM »
Yay! I just got an hour of my life back next year...FOX has officially cancelled "Terra Nova".

Let's just hope no one else is unfortunate enough to pick this up...let it die mercifully. I haven't missed this show one iota since it went off the air.

Kinda begs the question though, can FOX really cancel Terra Nova, Fringe, and Alcatraz all in the same year? Their network will be weirdness-free, kinda sad.

That's too bad.  I was not overly impressed, but it was nice to have a campy, fun Sci-Fi show to watch now and again.  I can't say that I ahve missed it either, but I would have been watching it if it was on.  It's a bummer that more of these types of shows don't succeed on mainstream networks (TN, Alcatraz, Heroes, etc.).  I think Fringe has had some limited success and obviously Lost was huge, but most of the Sci-Fi genre just doesn't last long.   :-\
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline BrentS

• Jedi Knight
  • I sense much fear in you.
    • View Profile
« Reply #239 on: March 6, 2012, 07:25 PM »
I've been DVRing a few network shows that I won't commit too until the networks pick them up.  Alcatraz and the Firm are on this list.  So was Person of Interest but apparently that show is doing quite well and I'm 16 episodes behind  :o

Unrelated, I finally jumped on the Big Bang Theory bandwagon.  I've watched the first 3 seasons on DVD and the 4th is on queue.  Really enjoying that show.