Author Topic: Official Television Thread  (Read 154681 times)

Offline Tracy

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Call me "Your Highness" one more time........
    • View Profile
Re: Official Television Thread
« Reply #375 on: January 8, 2014, 01:56 PM »
Same....I've never binge-watched a series before but this show was fantastic.  Can't wait to finish it up.

Not sure why I was paying $100+ a month for DirectV all these years.  They left their dish on my roof (free advertising?) when I cancelled them over the summer.  Netflix is well worth the price.

At least it wasn't a pizza  ;)

I started watching it on Netflix - but was able to DVR the rest when AMC had their BB Marathon a couple of weeks ago.  So glad I did since Netflix didn't have the 2nd half of Season 5.  I don't think I could have waited for the final episodes.  Best binge-watching ever!
"Y'all know you're the only ones with the Jesus fish in the titty bar parking lot" - Name
Cancer Sucks >:(

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #376 on: January 8, 2014, 03:25 PM »
Must be a trend here, the wifey and I have been burning through Breaking Bad ever since we DVRd the AMC marathon as well.  I was always interested, but didn't want to jump in halfway through.  We missed a couple episodes here and there, but caught up on the story online.  About 8 episodes from the end now, so we've been doing our best to avoid spoilers until then.  Have to agree, just an amazing show.

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #377 on: January 8, 2014, 03:29 PM »
I know sitcoms aren't discussed here too much, but has anyone caught the Goldbergs?  A lot of nice references for those of us who grew up in the 80s, including lots of toy references.  In last night's episode, the youngest child (based on the show's creator) brings his girlfriend to his room then commences gee king out and showing her his transformers, Castle Grayskull, and USS Flagg.

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #378 on: January 8, 2014, 08:07 PM »
Must be a trend here, the wifey and I have been burning through Breaking Bad ever since we DVRd the AMC marathon as well.  I was always interested, but didn't want to jump in halfway through.  We missed a couple episodes here and there, but caught up on the story online.  About 8 episodes from the end now, so we've been doing our best to avoid spoilers until then.  Have to agree, just an amazing show.

I'm 2 episodes into season 5 pt. 2 and I am still floored by how good this show is and how everything is coming to a head. I said it before, it's by far the best show I've ever watched.
Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #379 on: January 13, 2014, 02:24 AM »
Anybody checking out the new TV series Helix on the Scify channel?  I caught the first two episodes tonight and it's pretty good.  The characters a little suspect thus far, but the storyline and pace are fantastic.  Kind of a Lost meets The Thing + Resident Evil thus far.  I think they are replaying Episodes 1-3 on Tuesday, then the new episode 4 airs Friday. 
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline BillCable

• Jedi General
  • CreatureCantina.com SUCKS!!
    • View Profile
    • CreatureCantina.com
« Reply #380 on: January 13, 2014, 09:24 AM »
I checked out True Detective on HBO last night.  Great acting, but I don't know if I've watched a more joyless, dour show.
Bill Cable - Steeler Fan & Star Wars Collector
  http://CreatureCantina.com       
"Cable is incapable of contributing anything positive to this world" - cstoj

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
« Reply #381 on: January 13, 2014, 04:17 PM »
I watched Helix this weekend.  It had some interesting things going for it but in general it feels like I've already seen it.  Shady lab head, disease outbreak, mole, incompetent doctors, a "secure" facility that's anything but...  I don't see what it's going to bring that's "new" yet.

E...
"I sell the drugs that keep you people from seeing dragons at night." - Gus "Psych"

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #382 on: January 13, 2014, 08:23 PM »
It was announced yesterday that Carrie Fisher and James Earl Jones will be making appearances on The Big Bang Theory.

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #383 on: January 17, 2014, 11:10 AM »
Looks like the final episodes of Breaking Bad will be released on 02/24.  Can't wait!  Would like to start up Sons of Anarchy or Dexter next.
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline Tracy

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Call me "Your Highness" one more time........
    • View Profile
« Reply #384 on: January 19, 2014, 11:47 PM »
I loved Dexter.  Just started re-watching it on Netflix. 
"Y'all know you're the only ones with the Jesus fish in the titty bar parking lot" - Name
Cancer Sucks >:(

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #385 on: January 20, 2014, 07:18 PM »
I've been checking out True Detective for the past couple of weeks on HBO.  Thus far it's in keeping with the dramatic tone that HBO has been able to strike with it's original series.  I think it captures some of the painstaking search for details that detectives have to undertake in order to solve a real crime.  And it also seems to capture the darkness that's in some of the people who are called to investigate murders. 

I get the sense that this show might take some patience.  At least before things really pick up.  But they've definitely got my interest for now.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #386 on: January 22, 2014, 12:27 AM »
Just started in on Breaking Bad this weekend.  Good stuff so far, though I'm not sure how he's going to make it past the first season.
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Neal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #387 on: January 22, 2014, 01:22 PM »
Just started in on Breaking Bad this weekend.  Good stuff so far, though I'm not sure how he's going to make it past the first season.

Oh, just wait.  It will continue to get better and better.

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #388 on: January 23, 2014, 12:15 AM »
Allow me to join in on the BrBa love... my friend has been watching since the beginning and is always talking it up, and I finally watched it last summer when I got Netflix. Great, great show.

I've been trying to watch Dexter on Netflix now but I've only made it a few episodes into Season 2 so far. I think knowing that the quality significantly drops after Season 4 hurts my opinion of it.
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline Matt

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Lobot's Duplex
« Reply #389 on: January 23, 2014, 03:15 PM »
I'm halfway through Season 4 of Dexter right now. I'm trying to figure out when I should stop watching. It sounds like the last couple of seasons are garbage.
"The good news is that all that blood is actually ketchup. The bad news, however, is that all that ketchup is actually blood."