Author Topic: How's Star Wars Selling in Your Area?  (Read 25756 times)

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
How's Star Wars Selling in Your Area?
« on: January 20, 2004, 03:56 PM »
How are the Star Wars toys selling through in your area?  After taking a look my last few shopping trips, it really seems like Star Wars stuff is selling great around here.  Although I am disappointed to find empty pegs a lot (still looking for Hoth Luke, Wampa, Tatooine Wave, etc.), it is so much better than seeing 2002-2003 stuff hanging on the pegs forever.  At least around here, even the Clone Wars stuff is sold out for the most part.  The only things I saw last week were the Clone Wars animated figures at Target, the regular fig pegs were completely bare.  They also had 2 Screen Scenes left.  The TRU had the Concept Stormie wave (finally got one), and the new Jedi Warriors pack, but the rest of the basic figure stuff was gone pretty much too.  It is kind of heartening to see Star Wars selling well, unless it is just me seeing things.  Although it is hard for me to find stuff, since I'm in a small town and have to drive 40 minutes to go to these stores, I have still had better luck the past two months than I did the entire year before that.  And like I said, its better than seeing old pegwarmers.

Offline Famine

• Noderator
  • Jedi Master
  • Who watches The Famine?
    • View Profile
Re: How's Star Wars Selling in Your Area?
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2004, 04:20 PM »
Aparently, its selling so good all I get to see once the new cases come in is a frickin Zam. If I see another one, Im going to tear the package open and stomp it to death.

Fortunatley, a new Wal*Mart is opening tommorow, so I shouldnt have to see one of those ever again. Im going to go and find what I hope to be a few good figures.

Kevin
The picture kept, will remind me...

Offline Jim

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2004, 05:41 PM »
Aparently, its selling so good all I get to see once the new cases come in is a frickin Zam. If I see another one, Im going to tear the package open and stomp it to death.

Fortunatley, a new Wal*Mart is opening tommorow, so I shouldnt have to see one of those ever again. Im going to go and find what I hope to be a few good figures.

Kevin

I hear ya there.  My Walmarts have had the same freakin Amidala Pilots for over a year >:(  They finally went on clearance last week for $3.  They should really sell now.  The problem in my remote part of the world is that Walmarts only order a case at a time.  We have a whole 4 pegs.  Very frustrating.  

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2004, 01:19 AM »
Retailers here went light on the Clone Wars. All you can find now is Obi-Wan and Mace at K-Mart and some Deluxes at TRU.

Target is swamped with Hoth Troopers, R-3PO, and te second Dignitary. They went a little nuts on the Hoth wave, but still managed to receive the Tatooine wave. They've got a bunch of Clone Wars animated, and I hope they sell before the next wave shows, but I doubt it.

Wal-mart, last time I checked, was still d---ing around with their reset. Didn't have much in the way of SW or LOTR, so I haven't been there in about a week.

TRU gets the Tatooine wave about once a week. Frightening regularity.
don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk

Offline CorranHorn

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I can't think of anything witty to say...
    • View Profile
    • The Power Of The Customizer
« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2004, 02:23 AM »
It's selling too well in my area, so well I can rarely find anything new unless I'm lucky enough to stop in a store the morning they put out the new toys. :( One Target all it has are 3 Orn Free Taas, and nothing but bare pegs, another has just CW Toon figs. A local walmart has nothing at all on its 2 SW pegs. I like the idea that the new figs are getting distributed quickly, unlike last year, but the stores are ordering so little product in my area that it's next to impossible to find new stuff now. And thats all because the stores dont wanna get burned again by too much SW stock. Blah this sucks!
Jason F.

- FFURG Admin
- Vintage Needs: Micro Collection Snowspeeder box and pilots, Micro Collection X-Wing pilot

Offline Angry Ewok

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • The Ewok Village Idiot
    • View Profile
    • www.TowheeStudio.com
« Reply #5 on: January 21, 2004, 09:51 AM »
The newer stuff is either coming in one figure at a time, or the cases fly off the shelves and I only spot the leftovers. So, new stuff sells fantastic - but the shelves are just so clogged with that initial release crap from April 23rd that there's no room for anything new. Why doesn't Wal-Mart clearance that garbage out?  >:(

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 21, 2004, 09:57 AM »
Yeah, Wal-Marts seem to be the worst around here too.  The one closest to us has had the Obi-Wan club wave here and there, but that is it so far.  The other one closest has had solid pegs of Padme pilots for a looooong time.  With the exception of a couple of figures from Wal-Mart, I've had all of my finds at Target and occasionally TRU.  Glad to hear people are finding the Hoth and/or Tatooine waves in their areas...that hasn't hit too much in NE Nebraska/NW Iowa yet from what I have seen (although I did find a lone R3PO.)

Offline Darth Broem

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 21, 2004, 11:24 AM »
Well this area finally received late 2003/early 2004 figures recently.  I was shocked to be honest.  Toy R Us actually has a decent amount of Star Wars product on the shelves.  No CW stuff which I don't really miss all that much but yet still would have liked to been able to get a few items like Kit Fisto and the Clonetrooper.  

One Wal-Mart Supercenter near me had new figs but only 2 pegs of them.  Which is not all that bad since they can get rid of the new stuff quicker.  Oh they also have 2 pegs of Ultra.  There is a 2nd Supercenter that has a few more pegs of newer figs.  

Target is doing fine in my area.  They have new figs at least.  No CW anymore either.  

All in all not to bad it could be better but at least they are selling through most of the newer stuff except Achh-Med-Bog or whatever he is named.  He's my areas leading pegwarmer at the moment.  

Offline Mainland05

• Jedi Apprentice
  • inventing a time machine :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 21, 2004, 02:04 PM »
Star Wars is good, besides the fact that i can't find any McQuarrie Stormtroopers or Tatooine wave, but yeah it is really good!! i Guess! ???
Born & Raised Modesto Man. :)

Offline jokabofe

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 23, 2004, 12:34 AM »
it's hard to tell really.... it's either:

(a) selling so well that by the time i get to the store - no matter what store it might be - target, wal-mart, tru, k-mart - all the pegs are empty.

-or-

(b) selling so bad that no one orders new figures anymore, because by the time i get to the store - no matter what store it might be - target, wal-mart, tru, k-mart - all the pegs are empty.

>:(
 :-\
 ;D

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 23, 2004, 11:11 AM »
Jar-Jar senator and Tusken mommy aren't moving too well.  I don't know if it's the fact they are a couple of years old, nobody wanted them in the first place or the fact that TRU raised the price by $1.00 ::) >:(

On that rare, quarterly chance that we see a case of SW figures show up at retail, new items tend to last almost until noon in the store.  Then we wait another three months for another box to come in :-\
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #11 on: January 23, 2004, 05:02 PM »
Dryer than a popcorn fart would be the best way to describe Pittsburgh.

Empty pegs, or pegs with remnant Clone Wars and Bail Organa wave figures is about all there is.

Sporatically I guess the Tatooine wave has showed up, and Hoth here and there, but I've only caught the Hoth wave once, and still need Ach Med Beq from it.

beyond that, the awesome ROTJ Luke, R1, and Bar2-D2 are non-existant here, and are figures I was looking forward to buying 2 of each of.  :(  Bummer.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline jadesfire

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 23, 2004, 08:33 PM »
They sell very well, but it's hard not to since Wal-mart seems to get in ONE case  :-\.

I never understood the fact that within a day or two Wal-mart's Star Wars pegs are empty and then it takes a month or two to get another case in.  
(I should note that we only have one Walmart store in Delta County and it's the ONLY store that carries any toys so it goes FAST).  The next closest Wal-mart is an hour north of me and they have the same problem but they do restock quicker....
Beth

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 24, 2004, 12:46 AM »
Very well.  The only stuff that hangs around for even a little while is R-3PO from the Hoth wave and the second Imp Dignitary & Ack-Med Beq.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 25, 2004, 08:38 PM »
Very well, all the Clone Wars figures are gone, including Yoda/Anakin, and there are rarely more than 10 figures on the pegs.

TRU never has anything.

KB has stuff sometimes.

Target ALWAYS has new figs.  They are the bomb.

But right now the Hoth Trooper is the most plentiful figure on the pegs.
This is what happens when you invade Wakanda