Author Topic: Anyone ordering the Jabba's Palace case from Newforce?  (Read 4040 times)

Offline Mister Skeezler

• Jedi Knight
  • Now with winning smile!
    • View Profile
    • misterskeezler on Instagram
Anyone ordering the Jabba's Palace case from Newforce?
« on: January 21, 2004, 12:45 PM »
I just preordered the Jabba's Palace case from Newforcecomics. I haven't ordered from them in awhile, but I really want these figures, and it seems as though Newforce is trying to get back into the game. Hopefully that's a good thing. Anyone order from them in awhile?
-------------------------------------------------
(Formerly LandotheScoundrel)

misterskeezler on Instagram

Offline Mainland05

• Jedi Apprentice
  • inventing a time machine :)
    • View Profile
Re: Anyone ordering the Jabba's Palace case from Newforce?
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2004, 02:01 PM »
i get a little nervous when i am ordering from anyone unfamiliar other then Entertainment Earth, or Brians Toys. I already pre-ordered from EE, already.
Born & Raised Modesto Man. :)

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2004, 11:57 AM »
I just ordered what they call Wave 7...its the Endor Wave with all of the SD Wave thrown in and for some reason Hoth Trooper for the 8th case...anyway....all of my 2004 preorders have been through EE and not from Rick, I've decided to give him a whirl again (with the Simpsons too)...

I had ordered Wave 13 last year and the fact that he first told us that the figs were never going to come and then I got them 3 months after the fact (and I had bought them all at retail) sort of peeved me.  The fact that the list was down for a year too didn't help.  But everything else about them has been THE Best, the price, the service etc have all been great.  So I'm back with Newforce :)

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2004, 01:10 PM »
I'm still with Newforce.  With many things being readily available at retail and so many repacks, I took a bit of a hiatus.  But I just cannot abide by the shipping costs from EE.  Rick is fair and accurate and when it comes to customs fees on my end, his work helps me out ;)

I have to go and peruse the cases to see what I want.  I do have the 12" on order and get my unleashed from him as well.  I may not get stuff quite so quickly, but as a Canucklehead that's something I've learned to live with.  
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline Boba Binks

• Jedi Padawan
  • The Most Feared Bounty Hunter on Naboo
    • View Profile
    • David Jonathan Syczylo
« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2004, 05:01 PM »
I have places an order four times in the past. I only got one order the rest were cancelled or just never got to me without explaination.
I know people who order from NF religiously with no problems. But no, I will not order for NF. I would rather find the figs in the stores first.
For those of you looking for me. I am now at www.sandtroopers.com

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #5 on: January 23, 2004, 05:03 PM »
I wonder if Newforce has preorders up for the Yavin wave, and the Endor wave?

They're the only cases I'm sure I want to order because I want every figure in the case for customizing and my collection.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Mister Skeezler

• Jedi Knight
  • Now with winning smile!
    • View Profile
    • misterskeezler on Instagram
« Reply #6 on: February 24, 2004, 10:06 AM »
Has anyone heard anything about preorders? I haven't heard any updates at all...
-------------------------------------------------
(Formerly LandotheScoundrel)

misterskeezler on Instagram

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #7 on: February 24, 2004, 03:02 PM »
Nada, but I haven't heard anything from EE either...shrugs shoulders.  Seems like Retail got stuff early, which makes me think about last Fall here and Waves 13 and 15 :-\

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #8 on: February 24, 2004, 03:55 PM »
I have all of the following on pre-order from them:

Hall of Fame Case
Saga Ofee/Secura/Padawan re-pack case
Yavin 4 wave
Star Destroyer Wave
Endor Wave

At the same time I ordered these, I ordered the "Brown Coat" Han wave with repacks of Fett, Ani, Luke, Vader, and Snowtrooper.  

Well, I got the Hoth Han re-pack case on Monday (that's yesterday), so it looks like they are actually getting new product shipped to them again. (and I got my minty-fresh Brown Coat Han).

I also have received the Tatooine Wave from them recently too...  that's a good sign they are getting SOME stuff in and makes me worry a little less about the other waves too.

Jeff
« Last Edit: February 24, 2004, 03:57 PM by Nataku »
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline jokabofe

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 24, 2004, 08:31 PM »
Nada, but I haven't heard anything from EE either...shrugs shoulders.  Seems like Retail got stuff early, which makes me think about last Fall here and Waves 13 and 15 :-\

funny you say that scott, i actually ordered two cases from ee (just to give jedimac a break from finding extras and shipping them to me) that were supposed to be out already but just never shipped to me. and, i've already found 95% of what i needed at retail - so i cancelled them. finding them at retail here is a huge shock, because i can't remember the last time i actually found something at retail anywhere near my house. and i have 5 tru's, 6 targets, and 3 wal-marts all within reasonable driving distance, and i usually hit all of them at least once a week.

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 29, 2004, 11:50 PM »
Yeah I preordered these from EE also.  The stuff I preordered from NewForce earlier in the year never got here.  I'm done with them.
This is what happens when you invade Wakanda

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #11 on: March 2, 2004, 04:41 PM »
Hi Guys,

I just got an e-mail from New Force that said they are expecting both the Jabba's Palace wave AND the Yavin 4 wave cases in this week.

If you've got a pre-order in for these cases keep an eye out for your ship notice later this week...

Jeff
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender