Author Topic: How often do you go to the doctor????  (Read 1354 times)

Offline FX-7

• Jedi Initiate
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
How often do you go to the doctor????
« on: January 29, 2004, 12:29 PM »
Take off on Old Country's dentist thread, how often do you head to the doctor?  Me, I go once a year for a physical, and then I go when I get sinus infections which is a LOT >:(
Medical Droid Extrodinaire

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
Re: How often do you go to the doctor????
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2004, 12:57 PM »
Old Country, Funny  ::)

My wife and my mom tell me I don't go to the doctor enough, thing is, I usually will only go if I really need to get Antibiotics (for sinus infections) otherwise I'll jsut let the flu and such run its course

However, I have a chronic problem which effects my swallowing of food (called Dysphagia) I've had this since I was around 10-12.  What happens is that when I eat chicken or steak, it gets stuck in my esophagaus and won't pass into my stomach...it hurts like hell and eventually I start to gag from the amount of saliva going down to try and dislodge the food.  So I have to regurgitate it backup (sounds great huh)

So, I've had the esophagaus stretched a couple of times and it helps for around 6 months.  They've done some tests on me recently to try and determine why it happens, they think its due to acid reflux but haven't ruled out uncoordinated swallowing muscles.  Its a weird thing and something I've lived with for a long time.  If its reflux, I should be able to take drugs like Prilosec or Nexium and be over it, if its not more stretching (which sucks, pudding and yogurt only for a day or so, plus anesthesia and general uncomfort)

Offline Becky

• Youngling
  • Peace..
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2004, 12:59 PM »
I go once a year for a physical.  I try to avoid the doctor's office if possible.

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2004, 05:08 PM »
I should be getting an annual physical too, but after discovering what they do to you in your physicals once you've turned 30, I decided it was probably best to just go every 5 or 10 years from now on...   :-[

Offline P'dubs

• Jedi Initiate
  • Bow to the might that is the Sith.............
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2004, 05:37 PM »
I rarely ever go to the doctor. I can be stumbling all over the place and I'll still not heed any advice to go.
"They were all around me and they kept on saying "Utini Utini"."

Offline Darth Kenobi

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 29, 2004, 11:00 PM »
I usually only go to the docotrs if something is wrong with me and I can't deal with it or the pain it causes.  I probally should go more often but just don't want to because I don't see the need when nothing seems wrong.

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
  • Bouncy! Bouncy! I'm An Insane Kubrickaholic!™
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 30, 2004, 09:50 AM »
I go only if I hurt or need time off work!  ;)