memories... i remember:
- digging tunnels in my friends backyard and putting all my star wars figures in them... and then having it rain, and get all muddy, and losing all the figures. i wouldn't be surprised if they were still there buried under the dirt.
- throwing my millenium falcon, x-wing, tie fighter, etc. from the top steps outside my house - probably a good 10-12 feet - down to the sidewalk below to see how space ships would react to an impact
- not having a hard time actually finding new figures. when mom took me to the toy store, they pretty much had everything.
- going to the toy store with my mom on a saturday morning back in 1977, and finding an entire display, with all 12 original figures. and you know what i bought (mom said i could get 2)? for some odd reason, even though i had the pick of the litter, i bought r2-d2 and c-3p0. now, don't get me wrong, these are great figures, but i was 7. you'd think i would have at least bought darth vader or something, but no....
- bringing boxes and boxes of vintage toys to the record shop across the bridge, i guess around '85-'86, because he had a sign in the window that he was buying them. you know how much i got for my stuff? $200. and believe it or not, i was happy at the time.
i'm sure there are more, repressed memories in my head, but i'm too old to remember anything else. it's amazing i remember those things, considering i can't remember what i ate for lunch yesterday