Author Topic: Hardest Video Games To Beat  (Read 3947 times)

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
Re: Hardest Video Games To Beat
« Reply #15 on: February 27, 2004, 02:06 AM »
I never beat Ninja Gaiden, Battletoads, or Mega Man 3.

Come to think of it, I don't think I ever finished the first Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles game for NES either.
don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk

SilverZ

« Reply #16 on: February 27, 2004, 10:23 PM »
Ok, I have a question for you guys, since we're harkening back here...

Would anyone consider buying a coffee table book of the NES era? A sort of visual history of the system, with lots of pictures of games, packaging, reviews, comments from publishers and developers, in somewhat of the style of old Sansweet Star Wars book?

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #17 on: February 27, 2004, 11:00 PM »
Hell yes!  Any coffee table books about stuff I'm interested in is right up my alley!

Offline paploo

• Jedi Initiate
  • MORE EWOKS NOW
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 27, 2004, 11:04 PM »
gran turismo 3 is really hard, actually just really long. I dont have that kind of attention span. especially for the 2 hour races where you are required to use lousy cars...just so boring
The secret of success is to know something nobody else knows-Aristotle Onasis

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 27, 2004, 11:32 PM »
I'm having a heck of a time beating All Star Cup Mirror Mode in Mario Kart:Double Dash. Reflexes play a big role here, as you want to turn right, yet you need to turn left! Plus, All Star Cup is all 16 races, which means you'll be playing for at least 30 minutes.

I'll edit this with a full list of hard games for me later once I think of some more.
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline paploo

• Jedi Initiate
  • MORE EWOKS NOW
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 29, 2004, 10:50 PM »
I just beat grand theft auto vice city. it was rediculous. I have owned it for over a year, i played it off and on, but still
The secret of success is to know something nobody else knows-Aristotle Onasis

SilverZ

« Reply #21 on: March 8, 2004, 05:42 PM »
OK, I have a new hate: Ninja Gaiden Xbox! This is evil hard. Its a killer game though, and that says a lot coming from me - I'm about as jaded as it gets. Cool game.

Offline aka DaBigKahuna

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 8, 2004, 05:48 PM »
Ok, I have a question for you guys, since we're harkening back here...

Would anyone consider buying a coffee table book of the NES era? A sort of visual history of the system, with lots of pictures of games, packaging, reviews, comments from publishers and developers, in somewhat of the style of old Sansweet Star Wars book?

Are you considering making one?

-Fish-

SilverZ

« Reply #23 on: March 8, 2004, 07:29 PM »
Well, its on my list of Someday I'll Get Around To Its. I never seem to find the time or really the motivation, but I certainly have all the materials and since I'm sadly now considered a game industry old schooler, it seems up my alley.  I was just curious to see if anyone would find it interesting.

Offline Angry Ewok

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • The Ewok Village Idiot
    • View Profile
    • www.TowheeStudio.com
« Reply #24 on: March 8, 2004, 07:50 PM »
NES...

Battletoads, TopGun, PunchOut, Mario, Commando...

Offline aka DaBigKahuna

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 8, 2004, 09:19 PM »
Well, its on my list of Someday I'll Get Around To Its. I never seem to find the time or really the motivation, but I certainly have all the materials and since I'm sadly now considered a game industry old schooler, it seems up my alley.  I was just curious to see if anyone would find it interesting.

I would depending on the price point.  I think it is a great idea, but wonder if it would be profitable.  Somehow I think that most folks would rather play then read about old school games.   Kids nowadays for sure, so you would be banking on a certain age group.

-Fish-