Author Topic: Help Posing the SA Clone  (Read 7529 times)

Offline Jim

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
Help Posing the SA Clone
« on: February 10, 2004, 10:25 AM »
Without these having pegholes, I am having the toughest time getting these things posed and standing.  Great concept with the added articulation, but very frustrating as far as displaying.  Anyone have any display suggestions?  Pics would be great ;D

Offline dustrho

• Jedi Knight
  • AWESOME
    • View Profile
    • SANDTROOPERS.com
Re: Help Posing the SA Clone
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2004, 08:59 PM »
Click here to see how I have mine set up.  I agree that they're somewhat difficult in getting to stand though.
dustrho

SilverZ

« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2004, 12:57 AM »
Have you tried using stic-tac on their feet? It's a blue sillypuddy looking material you can usually find at Staples or Office Depot. Just wad a little ball up and apply - I've used it for some time on pegless figures like the A-Wing pilot. Works for me.

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2004, 12:52 AM »
I don't recommend using the sticky tack - it generally will leave oil stains - of course, if you don't care about oil stains on the bottoms of feet - then go for it.

I personally have my five SA clones standing neutrally, with two hands on their guns, and their guns pointed slightly downward - like they're standing around bored that no one is attacking them.

If you just work with bending their feet a little -  they should stand just fine.

SilverZ

« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2004, 04:58 PM »
Important safety tip and good point. Personally, I haven't had any problem, or more likely, I haven't noticed any problems, from the tac though. Not to get sidetracked, but has anyone ever tried making pegholes with a Dremmel of something as an alternative?

Offline aka DaBigKahuna

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 26, 2004, 05:39 PM »
Important safety tip and good point. Personally, I haven't had any problem, or more likely, I haven't noticed any problems, from the tac though. Not to get sidetracked, but has anyone ever tried making pegholes with a Dremmel of something as an alternative?

Tydirium, I too have not had any problem with the sticky tack leaving color, mine is yellow.  IMO, the stuff does not work that great and I am considering getting the clear stands for loose figures.  

As far as a dremmel, why?  Does the SAC come with no peg's on the feet?  I checked my Clone 3 Pack's and they do.  Being that I do not yet own one of these nor have ever seen once at retail, I ask.

Personally, I would not either way.  Somehow it seems like destroying a figure to me.  If for some reason I should have to sell me loose collection it might be difficult to do so with holes.

-Fish-  

Offline dustrho

• Jedi Knight
  • AWESOME
    • View Profile
    • SANDTROOPERS.com
« Reply #6 on: February 26, 2004, 08:22 PM »
Does the SAC come with no peg's on the feet?  

The SA Clone Troopers do NOT come with holes in their feet.
dustrho

SilverZ

« Reply #7 on: February 28, 2004, 02:38 AM »
Yeah, no holes. I've been thinking about putting one under the Dremmel for a while now to see. If it worked, I'd like to try it on the old A-wing Pilot, who is also a no-peg freak.

Just have a feeling it would end in disaster, however!

Offline Playgirl

• Jedi Initiate
  • Slice and DICE
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 29, 2004, 03:32 AM »
i hear you can ruin the ankle joint if you try to add peg holes

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 1, 2004, 01:46 AM »
i hear you can ruin the ankle joint if you try to add peg holes

You have to keep the dremmel anterior on the bottom of the boot.  It's about the midpoint of the foot, right underneath where the "tongue" of the sneaker would be.  Just aim for a little forward of center on the bottom of the foot and you'll be fine.

:D
This is what happens when you invade Wakanda

Offline Dengar

• Youngling
  • Vintage Rules
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 8, 2004, 06:45 AM »
I have mine laying on the ground looking like he got shot, that was the only thing I could figure out.

Offline Famine

• Noderator
  • Jedi Master
  • Who watches The Famine?
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 8, 2004, 08:11 PM »
If the only position you could come up with on a SUPER POSABLE figure is lying down pretending to be shot, you need to be shot yourself.

Kevin ;D
The picture kept, will remind me...