Author Topic: The Simpsons: The Movie  (Read 7507 times)

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Re: The Simpsons: The Movie
« Reply #45 on: July 23, 2007, 12:07 PM »
I haven't tried it out yet, but you are supposed to be able to upload your own picture(s) and "Simpsonize" them into the world of Springfield.  Just thought I'd post it if anyone was interested, really looking forward to the movie, hopefully we can make it out to see it sometime soon.

Simpsonize Me

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: July 24, 2007, 08:47 AM »
IGN has several clips up from the Simpsons movie, if anyone is interested.  It looks pretty good.

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: July 27, 2007, 04:42 PM »
So... who's seen this so far?  Thoughts?

:P

Offline Dan

• Jedi Knight
  • Got some
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: July 28, 2007, 07:48 AM »
Fantastic!!  I thought the story got a little heavy at times, but they kept the laughs coming. My wife and I both left the theater smiling  ;D

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: July 28, 2007, 08:20 AM »
I thought the movie sucked ass.  I even walked out before it ended..just couldn't stand it.  I think the BK commercials were better than the movie to be honest.
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
  • Bouncy! Bouncy! I'm An Insane Kubrickaholic!™
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: July 29, 2007, 08:00 PM »
Number 1 at the box office & $71,850,000.

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #51 on: July 29, 2007, 11:59 PM »
Saw it last night, laughed quite a bit in the beginning and near the end...the middle wasn't so great.  It was good enough for the movie and didn't go too over the top with non TV type stuff (outside of showing Bart's SPOILER)

I also didn't care for Bart drinking SPOILER, that seemed forced.  I did like Otto smoking SPOILER :)

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: July 30, 2007, 11:35 AM »
Saturday night, I had my first "date" with my wife since the little one was born, and tried to get her to go see this.  Ended up having to see Pirates 3 instead... which was about what I expected.  Overdone effects, weak storyline and way too fake or action and really cheesy set of events in the final battle.  Still entertaining to a degree, but not nearly as good as the first one.

Hopefully I'll be able to convince her sometime in the next month that we must see this cartoon movie in theatres!

:P

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: July 30, 2007, 02:31 PM »
Saw it, loved it, want to see it again. I thought this was like 98-99 Simpsons level of funny, not quite as good as the early seasons but still great. I will agree that the middle dragged, but I think the same of ROTS and that's a fine film.

My favorite part of the movie was definately the (SPOILER) cameo. That was so damn hilarious! "Ruffle my hair, Mr. (SPOILER)!" Spider Pig and Grand Theft Walrus made me LOL as well.

Can't wait for the DVD.
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline David

• Jedi Knight
  • EchoBaseNews.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: August 4, 2007, 10:54 AM »
Saw it the other night. Grand Theft Walrus and Bart's 'parts showing' were the only parts that really made me laugh. Boob lady and Tom Hanks were funny too. The rest was meh.
« Last Edit: August 4, 2007, 10:55 AM by Robo-Quack »
David Delgado
Owner
EchoBaseNews.com
Keeping Star Wars Cool Since 2008!

Offline King_Maul

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: August 5, 2007, 01:18 AM »
Saw it this afternoon with my wife.  She laughed quite a bit during the first half of the movie.  I thought it was funny overall.  I loved bare bart on board sequence and the Titanic reference.

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: August 5, 2007, 09:27 AM »
Great stuff. I was tired when I saw the movie, so I don't think I got to take the story in properly, but I was pretty impressed with a lot of the jokes.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Oboewan

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: August 9, 2007, 11:48 AM »
While I enjoyed the movie, I still have no idea why I had to pay 9.50 to see it.  There were MAYBE one or two things that would have needed to be cleaned up for network TV but that's it.   Oh well.. it was funny!
"Who is more the fool... the fool or the fool who posts after him?"

Offline BillCable

• Jedi General
  • CreatureCantina.com SUCKS!!
    • View Profile
    • CreatureCantina.com
« Reply #58 on: August 9, 2007, 11:57 AM »
The production values were much higher.  So it was significantly more expensive to produce than a standard TV episode.  But they spent the money hoping it'd draw people in the theaters.

The point was to tell a good story, not to put something up on the screen too risque for television.
Bill Cable - Steeler Fan & Star Wars Collector
  http://CreatureCantina.com       
"Cable is incapable of contributing anything positive to this world" - cstoj