Author Topic: Passed on Court Denizens...  (Read 12358 times)

Offline MisterPL

• Jedi Padawan
  • Sarcastic instigator at large.
    • View Profile
Re: Passed on Court Denizens...
« Reply #15 on: February 12, 2004, 10:58 PM »
I'm glad someone's passing on this. Maybe then I'll get a chance to own one.  :P

Jesse, did you find yours at Target?
Post sober.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #16 on: February 13, 2004, 12:10 AM »
Nah, actually a Wal-Mart near me.  They had 3...  No Jabba's though, who I was hoping for.

Had 3 Wampas too, who must be reshipping with that wave.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline MisterPL

• Jedi Padawan
  • Sarcastic instigator at large.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 13, 2004, 10:02 AM »
Wal-Mart?! Mine has four pegs and a lone Clone Wars Ani doing his best to keep them all clear. "Chosen One" my ass. He's been there for months.
Post sober.

SilverZ

« Reply #18 on: February 14, 2004, 08:02 PM »
Well, moving on from these to Wave 3... I was looking at Entertainment Earth's listing:

2x Ewok with Attack Glider (NEW), 1x Obi Wan Kenobi With Force Power- Kamino Showdown, 1x General Reiken with War Room Map, 1x C-3P0 with Escape Pod, 1x Jabba’s Court Denizens Three Pack (B'omarr Monk, Bubo, Wol Cabasshite)

Then there's Wave 3.5 listed:

3x Ewok with Attack Glider (NEW), 2x Jabba the Hutt, 1x Flying Jango Fett- Kamino Showdown

Interesting, I wasn't expecting repacks in the Ultra line...
« Last Edit: February 14, 2004, 08:02 PM by Tydirium »

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #19 on: February 17, 2004, 01:37 PM »
Got these this weekend...

I like them!

Wol - strange choice, but definatelty adds flavor to the Diorama.

Bubo - Another strange choice, but cool none the less.  I like his little articulated jaw... I gave him an extra "chuba" from the Jabba Glob set to munch on.

B'Morr Monk - same figure as before, right down to the 97 date stamp but with some new coloration.  Not too bad.  Now I have one for the entrance to Jabba's Palace and one for the interior shots.

Pretty cool and worth the $10 imho.

Jeff
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Muftak

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Cardboard Entrepreneur
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 12, 2004, 06:40 PM »
(I finally caved and bought this set at Target last night on clearance.)

Offline Jedirhino

• Jedi Initiate
  • The party's over....
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 12, 2004, 08:42 PM »
I'm proud of you!!!!

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #22 on: June 14, 2004, 03:29 PM »
I can totally see why someone would say this set is too expensive and even pass it up, but Bubo just rocks and I have been wanting one fr a long time. (ALthough my custom one looks very close to Hasbro's) I think it is worth it just for him, don't get me wrong I wish it was Yarna Da'l Gargan instead of another B'Omarr Monk.
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Offline Muftak

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Cardboard Entrepreneur
    • View Profile
Pass on Ultra Threepio?
« Reply #23 on: June 14, 2004, 04:38 PM »
Yeah, I think had it been three all new pieces in there, there would have been no question the first time I saw them. But the Monk is the "heavy" of the set, and I already had it.

While I do love Bubo (and he loves me) I loved my ten bucks more.

The question now is, should I pick up an Escape Pod Threepio at clearance price as well?

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #24 on: June 14, 2004, 04:41 PM »
Hrmmm...I bought one cause I'm a droids sucker

ThreePeeOh is nice but the paint is dissapointing...straight repaint of the Deluxe Saga Converyer Belt AOTC 3PO too

The Escape Pod is also nice but it bugs me its undersized...still for a buck or two above standard retail I'd say go ahead and buy it
« Last Edit: June 14, 2004, 04:56 PM by I Love Kobe Bryant! »

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
Re: Pass on Ultra Threepio?
« Reply #25 on: June 14, 2004, 04:52 PM »
The question now is, should I pick up an Escape Pod Threepio at clearance price as well?

Depends on whether you want an undersized Escape Pod for about $7.50...   :-\  You could always cross your fingers, and hope the set sits for another few days, when it gets knocked down from 70% clearance to 50% clearance.  Might be a little easier to decide with another couple bucks in your pocket.

The 3PO in that set doesn't do much for me.  Dull finish, "plasticy"...  Not one of Hasbro's best efforts.  The Escape Pod though, is kinda cool if you're into vehicles at all.  Might be the only chance to ever get one (outside of the old vintage version from the same damned mold).  Of course, an expert customizer like yourself might be able to whip a little something better up perhaps...   ;)  Just a bit undersized is all though.  Maybe JJ or MPL could tell us exactly how undersized it actually is.  Nice little "ship" otherwise...

You could always just wait a while, and keep your eyes on the various Classified and Trading boards Bobb.  Always collectors liquidating their collections, so maybe you could get lucky and snag a Bubo and Escape Pod for cheap somewhere.  Good luck with whatever you decide to do!

If I were you though, I'd take advantage of my customizing talents and I'd whip up some cool and cheap customs, and trade them for the loot you're looking for.  Maybe save yourself a few bucks that way...   ;)

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #26 on: June 14, 2004, 04:57 PM »
Unfortunately for me, I was wanting to stock up on at least 2 Riekean's for the fodder the figure wuold yield, and to have a couple extra tactical boards.

I haven't seen an Ultra at my nearest Target though fr a while, so the second nearest and third are my only hopes really.  :(  One of them should have some extra Ultra laying about.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?

Offline Keldor

• Youngling
  • The Sith will have their REVENGE
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 22, 2004, 02:28 PM »
I'm still trying to find the wampa and Jabba's denizens at my local stores but all i've seen at the two stores I frequent are either the deluxe Yoda and 3PO and the Ultra jango and Obi-Wan, and Jabba ocassionaly.
"I will be Chancellor"-Senator Palpatine "The Phantom Menace"

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #28 on: July 22, 2004, 03:21 PM »
Someone around here may be able to help you out Keldor.  I can keep my eyes peeled for you anyway.  

Offline Keldor

• Youngling
  • The Sith will have their REVENGE
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 22, 2004, 05:37 PM »
Thanks man
"I will be Chancellor"-Senator Palpatine "The Phantom Menace"