Author Topic: Dagobah wave  (Read 27596 times)

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
Re: Carded Pics
« Reply #45 on: May 6, 2004, 04:10 PM »
Check it out

« Last Edit: May 6, 2004, 04:11 PM by OCB »

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Re: Dagobah wave
« Reply #46 on: May 6, 2004, 04:17 PM »
Thanks for posting those Scott.  Man, those sure look purdy to me.  This is a line I am tempted to buy even the re-releases, just because they look so nice on those cards.  With many people finding the Endor Generals now, this wave shouldn't be too far off now.  I wish they would have started with the OTC packaging at the beginning of 2004...with the Hoth, Tatooine, Jabba, etc. waves.  Granted, many will probably be re-carded, but it would have been nice to start fresh in 2004.  Thanks again for the image...nice.

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #47 on: May 6, 2004, 04:24 PM »
Every time I see these the more I want to collect them both carded and loose...damn them!  I probably won't but they do look super nice

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: May 6, 2004, 04:27 PM »
Exactly the way I've been feeling.  I've never done that before, and don't collect carded (save for a few extras here and there)...but this cardback makes it tempting.  However, budget and space should keep me in line.......it should anyways  :)

Offline jadesfire

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: May 6, 2004, 04:50 PM »
It will be impossible for me NOT to collect them twice.  The packaging is top notch and for all those re-packs I'll only have to get one to keep on a card ;).  I have been pretty lucky finding all of my stuff on nice cards so I hope it continues.  I am assuming the price point on these is the same as of late right?  
Beth

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #50 on: May 6, 2004, 04:52 PM »
Yep, should still be $5

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
« Reply #51 on: May 7, 2004, 01:10 AM »
Oh man, now I want to go back to collecting one carded, one loose.

And that's expensive.

Well, time to start selling bodily fluids. ;)
don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk

SilverZ

« Reply #52 on: May 7, 2004, 03:34 AM »
Oh my god these look great. I was worried about the clear plastic stand, based on the Han shot from Australia, mucking up the tidiness of the card and background, but that doesn't seem to be a problem.

This packaging style needs to STAY. These are the best ever by a long shot. The E3/PT line should be seperate. When I look at these, I get a rush of nostalgia and my love of collection returns.  ;D

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
Carded OTC - Dagobah Wave
« Reply #53 on: May 19, 2004, 08:51 AM »
Hi All,

GH.com has pictures up here.

DANG.

The OTC  may have recards up the wazoo, but they sure are pretty cards.

Jeff
« Last Edit: May 19, 2004, 08:52 AM by Nataku »
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: May 19, 2004, 09:31 AM »
I agree Jeff.  Those pictures sure are nice.  I've really been back and forth on whether or not I want to buy the rehashed figures, but seeing them on cardbacks makes it awfully tempting.  I've always been an opener, but part of me wants to buy the recarded figures just to leave them on those purty cards.  I really hope that this cardback style continues for awhile, it just looks great.  Definitely looking forward to the Dagobah wave itself, and I might just pick up some of those rehashed figures in there as well.  Also...the X-Wing Luke rehash didn't look quite as bucktoothed as the POTJ one I have, so that's a good thing.

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #55 on: May 19, 2004, 09:31 AM »
Holy crap are those awesome cards

Two things...I'm wondering if Luke will now be a running change one handstand and one standing or will he have the extra arms and head behind the bubble???

And Yoda is way too green, he looks awful.  That happened on a few of the Episode II figures too.  Its sad that the Vintage Yoda is the best representation of the lil green guy ever

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #56 on: May 19, 2004, 09:48 AM »
Hmmm...

It says on the back of Luke's card:

"Use backpacking head and arms and combine with Yoda OTC #02 figure (sold separately) to recreate the Dagobah scenes!"

That leads me to still believe that both heads/arms come with the one figure.  

I wouldn't put it past Hasbro to do two different packaging variations like they did for the SA Clone though....

Jeff

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #57 on: May 19, 2004, 09:53 AM »
The head and arms must be tucked behind the insert card

Although the pic from Lee's showed Luke doing a handstand

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #58 on: May 19, 2004, 10:11 AM »
Egad!

I guess you have evidence that would seem to confirm that there are currently TWO packaging variants...

Back in February, the big H said in a Q&A that we'd get the heads and arms together, but it doesn't surprise me there are packaging variants.

I think you should go front page with the photo news saying that it seems there are TWO packaging variants of Dagobah Luke: Handstand from Lee's and Backpack from GH.com

Then, we can watch the crazies go crazy over at Scum complaining about variants and Hasbro and such... :)

Jeff

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #59 on: May 19, 2004, 10:47 AM »
Done and Done ;)

This then could mean a few things:

A Running Change ala Saga Brown/Blue Han Hoth so that the handstand Luke and Standing Luke will be released in different Waves at different times

Packaging Variation ala the Super Articulated Clone Trooper and the extra arms and head are packaged somewhere that we can't see them right now.

2 different releases at the same time, one a headstand version and one a standing version in the same case.