Author Topic: Dagobah wave  (Read 27606 times)

Offline jokabofe

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
Re: Dagobah wave
« Reply #75 on: June 14, 2004, 07:37 PM »
Excellent news everyone!!!  Mike over at GH had one of their sponsors open up the Handstand Luke, and guess what?!  The other set of arms and the alternate head are indeed included as extra accessories in there!!!  He says Luke's only got the straps to his backpack too, and that Yoda's got the actual main portion of it.  Good deal.  Now everyone should be sufficiently happy with this one...   8)

happy? i guess... but i still need to buy 4 of luke. 1 of each carded variation, and i'll need 2 loose ones for display now  ::)

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #76 on: June 14, 2004, 07:47 PM »
happy? i guess... but i still need to buy 4 of luke. 1 of each carded variation, and i'll need 2 loose ones for display now  ::)

Well, yeah.  I was mostly directing that comment at the loose collectors, who only wanted to buy one of Dagobah Luke, but still be able to display him in both positions.

Sure, obsessive compulsive freaks like you and I still need to buy at least 4 - one of each pose carded, and at least a couple to display simultaneously in each pose as well.  So I knew we were screwed either way D.  I was just trying to cheer up some of the other folks...    Duh.   :P

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #77 on: June 22, 2004, 09:11 AM »
My pal here at work got his Dagobah figures in the mail yesterday.  He ordered them from one of those high priced shops (over $90 for the 4 figures including shipping).  He was kind enough to bring them in so that he could gloat show them to me.

Anyway, I actually got to hold them and it was great.  Luke's head is little strange, but somehow the vacant stare looks alright.  Yoda was SUPER-COOL.  Obi-Wan and R2 were excellent as well.

The packaging is SOOOOOO sweet.  As others have said at various times, when you get that OTC package in your hands, it's a thing of beauty.   :)

I can't wait to get these myself...

Jeff
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: June 22, 2004, 06:19 PM »
I saw the R2 in person recently.  I am not impressed.  Why is Hasbro insistent on putting electronics in an R2-D2 when they don't even have the correct sensor eye lighting up red?  It's ridiculous.  Hasbro should be using the CommTech R2-D2 mold, and not much else aside from different paint jobs and accessories.  This one just looks like the first EPISODE II version that's been dunked in dookie.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #79 on: June 23, 2004, 03:35 PM »
The cards are truly going to be a thing of beauty...its so much more impressive in person and I can't wait to see how they look on the pegs with the rest of the dreck hanging around still (I'm looking at you Michael J Fox Hoth Trooper)

SilverZ

« Reply #80 on: June 23, 2004, 04:52 PM »
No doubt. I posted in the vehicles thread how amazing the boxed TIE and Xwing looked sitting on the shelf. They just screamed Star Wars like nothing in the modern era ever has. I'm sure seeing a wall of carded OTC figures will be that feeling by a factor of ten. Can't wait.

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #81 on: June 24, 2004, 08:58 AM »
Dig this crazy Mexi-con Exclusive...

Star Wars Encuentros 2004 Exclusive

Cool, but not worth $25 in my book...

Jeff

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #82 on: June 24, 2004, 09:06 AM »
I've been drooling over that sucker all night long...agreed not worth $25 but it is really nice.  Wasn't last year's exclusive available in the US too?

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #83 on: June 24, 2004, 12:16 PM »
Hmmm...

Last year's exclusives for this convention were the Han/Chewie 2-pack and Obi-Wan/Vader 2-pks.

They were both re-pack sets as well, but with new convention-exclusive boxes.  I am not sure if they weer ever released en masse in the USA.  The Silver Boba Fett from that convention was released to the US, because they were sponsored by LFL.  The Box Sets though, were sponsored directly by the convention itself and were only offer to the US via eBay or secondary markets.

Jeff

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #84 on: June 24, 2004, 12:19 PM »
I guess that's what I was thinking of Silver Fett, forgot about that Han&Chewie Set.  I might bite on one of these down the line, Yoda roolz and that set up is all too sweet.  Love it, really I do

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #85 on: July 9, 2004, 09:55 PM »
Got my first OTC today!

Dagobah wave is super-cool!  Just thought I'd post ome quick thoughts...

Luke is great, I love the functionality of the heads and arms!

Spirit Obi-Wan is cool!  The pose is strange with the saber in hand, but ehg.  Still a different take on the spirit stuff and different than the first two tries at "Spirit" figures.

R2- very grimey, but still cool.  The sound is an ok feature, I'd have referred a functional third leg though...

Yoda!  Cool little figure!  I love him and he'll be my favorite Yoda (until the vintage OTC one get here ;)).

Jeff

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: July 10, 2004, 11:14 AM »
One question for those of you who have Dagobah Luke.  Can you pose him like when he's trying to raise the X-Wing from the swamp?
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

SilverZ

« Reply #87 on: July 10, 2004, 03:56 PM »
That pose didn't even occur to me. I gave it a shot and well, you can, sorta. Using the handstand right arm, the regular head, and (this is where the problem is) backback left arm, you can come pretty close to something that would look OK for that scene. Since neither of his arms are at all neutral its hard to pull off. Using both handstand arms doesn't work when lowered to his waist at all.

I'd complain that he should come with neutrally posed arms as well, but that's getting awefully greedy on an already excellent and massively accessorized figure. In fact, since he is a bit preposed, I've ended up with a second opener of both Luke and Yoda, so I can have a Luke w/ Yoda in his backpack version, and seperate Handstand Luke and standing Yoda version.

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #88 on: July 10, 2004, 10:55 PM »
Yoda for sure can be done as an X-Wing raising scene figure.  Luke I don't think can.  The arm doesn't have any articulation in it except at the shoulder

I love these 4 figures more than anything that's come out of Hasbro since Ephant Mon.  Wow what amazing work. Too bad this is pretty much all I'll be buying until November >:(

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: July 12, 2004, 11:12 AM »
Quick question....not that it really matters, but is one version of the Dagobah Luke "rarer" than the other?  I mean, as far as the standing or handstand versions?  I found one this weekend, and it happened to be the handstand version, and I was just curious.