Author Topic: Bespin wave  (Read 14682 times)

Offline Mikey D

• Jedi Knight
  • Lost soul
    • View Profile
Bespin wave
« on: February 13, 2004, 11:38 AM »
Scott requested a seperate thread on each wave, so here it is.

Enjoy
Common sense isn't so common

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
Re: Bespin wave
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2004, 12:09 PM »
A very simple and yet very awesome troika of figures.  A Cloud Car Pilot has been on my wishlist forever, glad to finally have him come, same goes for the resculpted Leia and you can never have enough Lobot.

Looks like Lobot's Duplex just got one more resident :-*

Offline Mister Skeezler

• Jedi Knight
  • Now with winning smile!
    • View Profile
    • misterskeezler on Instagram
« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2004, 01:00 PM »
Yeah, whatever happened to Lobot's Duplex? I was going to send in his name to that show on TLC While You Were Out, but it seems like the guy never goes on vacation. I guess he hasn't been the same since the Imperial takeover. Oh well.
-------------------------------------------------
(Formerly LandotheScoundrel)

misterskeezler on Instagram

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2004, 02:14 PM »
Wow.  They're all just absolutely perfect.  Decent likeness on Leia, and a great plastic robe  ;), excellent detail on the Cloud Car Pilot, and a nice, neutral looking Lobot with some cool gadgets.  Anyone notice those articulated knees on the Cloud Car Pilot?  What do you think those could possibly be for...?   ;D

The only thing I'm mildly bummed about is that this wave isn't a little bigger than just 3 figures.  Hopefully they'll surprise us and add a couple more in there, like some new Ugnaughts and of course ICMG.   8)

Offline Darby

• Jedi Knight
  • I'm not with that guy
    • View Profile
    • darbyharn.com
« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2004, 03:09 PM »
At long last Leia!!   ;D This was always my favorite version as a kid, and now here she is (memory of PLC purged).  Lobot and the Cloud Car Pilot (the cloud car pilot!) are perfect.  

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 13, 2004, 05:28 PM »
Awesome! I like how each fig is neutrally posed and has tons of articulation. This looks like the best wave yet! (IMO)
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #6 on: February 13, 2004, 08:02 PM »
Short of the OTC figures with super artiuclation, this is my favorite wave pictured today, easily.

-The Bespin Leia was never high on my list, because I was content with the Leia collection version.  I rather like that figure.  With that said though, this obviously is a far superior figure to one I was quite happy with already.  The headsculpt is one of (if not the) best Carrie Fisher likenesses ever.  The articulation in the arms seems nice, and above par...  For all the more she did in the outfit, it's nice anyway.  Too bad her Bespin Escape figure isn't as neutrally posed and articulated!  Anyway, it's a great figure resculpt, even if I still prefer the soft goods for poseability.

-Lobot...  High frickin' time this guy got redone...  Nice articulation.  Weird accessories...  Short of somehow lighting his cyborg implant things up, he's great looking.  Nice "apology" figure...  Some extra articulation would've been sort of cool though.  Just in the legs maybe, so he couold be "running" with some Bespin Guards to escape, or defend, or just so he could boogy down like he used to.  

-Cloud Car Pilot....  Simply great figure.  I can't tell the articulation in the arms at the moment, but his legs are heavily articulated.  Do I see a possibly removable communicator device?  Or was that thing a macro-monocular?  Working holster with blaster pistol?  Great!  Great sculpt, and coloring to match-up to the puppet used in the Cloud Car itself.  If he has a removable helmet, he'll simply be that much more great.

Now, if only they'd take his body sculpt, repaint it to the ICMG colors, and make hima new headsculpt.  :)

Great wave, easily my favorite pictured today.  That pilot's gonna stand out on pegs too.  Really great stuff.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 13, 2004, 10:06 PM »
These figures are outstanding; I hope this trend of great quality continues into the EPIII line.

Lobot - looks very vanilla, exactly the way he should be.  I could have gone for some knee articulation, but I am not complaining

Leia - a lovely figure, very simple and well done; I will try to get a couple extra to make into custom Coruscant women citizens

CC Pilot - probably my favorite of the bunch since it's a first issue since the vintage days, and I plan on getting a squad of 8-10 of these guys.  They will look cool in dioramas for Bespin, Tatooine, Coruscant, etc.  You're right Jesse, I hope his helmet comes off; it looks like it might, and I think his arm articulation is at the standard shoulder points and probably at the ends of his gloves.

You know what makes this wave so awesome?  The pure simplicity of the figures in their poses, but the nice added articulation.  No gimmicks, just well scultped figures with useful articulation.  I do hope they include a 4th figure in the wave at least, I could go for the Jeromy Bulloch as an Imperial Officer or a head variation to the Bespin Guard.

:P

Offline Darby

• Jedi Knight
  • I'm not with that guy
    • View Profile
    • darbyharn.com
« Reply #8 on: February 13, 2004, 11:25 PM »
This is clearly the best year Hasbro has ever given us, from selection to sculpts to value.  Very, very happy.

Offline speedermike

• Jedi Apprentice
  • He doesn't like you...
    • View Profile
    • MichaelRex.com
« Reply #9 on: February 13, 2004, 11:26 PM »
Yeah.  Gotta agree, these look great.  I noticed also that the CCP has that little comminicator thing clipped to his belt.  Very nice nod to the vintage.  And yes, it's great he has articulated knees, he wont really need him if we get the Clouod Car.  Like all vintage vehicles, figures sit in it with stright legs.

Now, I am assuming that these will be the last on Saga Cards?
Children's Book Author and Illustrator   mikerexbooks.blogspot.com

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #10 on: February 13, 2004, 11:28 PM »
No, I think these will be on OTC Cards, the Original report on these over at SSG said that the mockups of the Dagobah Wave were on these new OTC cards

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
« Reply #11 on: February 14, 2004, 01:47 AM »
Man, these are awesome. Currently, I'm not all that keen on the Dagobah wave, but these are just... wow!!!!!
don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 16, 2004, 04:50 PM »
You know, I like this entire wave (and basically all we've been seeing lately, for that matter), and I will pick up all of them if I can find them.  For some reason I really just think that Cloud Car Pilot is "neato".  Even though it has some bright colors, something about the design just seems cool to me.  I never had the vintage one, but I think I'll try to pick one of those up too sometime.  It is one of the more colorful designs of Star Wars characters, but it just looks classic "space movie" to me, if you know what I mean.

Offline proudfather2

• Jedi Initiate
  • Todd
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 17, 2004, 01:31 AM »
These figures look fantastic! I’ve been holding my breath for years for a good Bespin Leia and even longer, perhaps decades, for a new Cloud Car Pilot. I especially like the fact that Leia has a plastic sculpted cape and all of the figures have a decent amount of articulation that isn't too gaudy. The knee articulation on the CCP gives me hope. I'm gonna go out on a limb and predict that we will get confirmation for the Twin Pod Cloud Car by years end.
« Last Edit: February 17, 2004, 01:35 AM by T-Bone Kenobi »

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #14 on: March 7, 2004, 09:55 PM »
GH has some nice shots of the Bespin Wave Loose up, loving that helmetless CCPilot :)