Author Topic: Bespin wave  (Read 14683 times)

SilverZ

Re: Bespin wave
« Reply #15 on: March 7, 2004, 10:53 PM »
Well ain't that a pleasant surprise. The CCP looks cool w/o the helmet - the original picks made it look like it was molded on.

The other's are pretty slick as well still. Can't wait until we see packaged shots. The case breakdown makes me think I'll pick this up as a case online. I have no desire to search high and low for a Stormtrooper on OTC packaging at 1 per case.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #16 on: March 7, 2004, 11:51 PM »
CCP's shaping up to be one of the best of the line I do believe...  Sporting good articlutionl (could use some elbow hinges though), and a bitchin' removable helmet...  Love the nod to the vintage with the gun.  I wonder about the communicator coming off though?

Lobot and Leia are less than interesting to me, as neither outfit or character really stood out...  Nonetheless though, they're much MUCH superior versions to previous figures, and Lobot's computer is a great little detail...  Way to go Hasbro.

CCP's the gem of that wave though for usre.  Not exactly 100% to the little maquette figure in the model, but great still.  Very colorful duds too.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Darby

• Jedi Knight
  • I'm not with that guy
    • View Profile
    • darbyharn.com
« Reply #17 on: March 8, 2004, 12:42 AM »
These look fantastic.  Definitely the CCP is one of the best of the line.  I love the removable helmet.  

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 8, 2004, 09:27 AM »
Nice to see some more pics of this wave, and I agree, these all really look fantastic to me.  The Cloud Car pilot is actually one of my most anticipated figures, it just looks "cool" to me for some reason (for lack of a better word).  One of the better faces on a Leia figure I think too, and looks like there is some good detail in her gown as well.  Lobot looks good too, I never picked up a modern one since I got into collecting late...and since the POTF2 version wasn't too good.  This one looks great, glad I waited.  For all of our complaints about repacks and the like, Hasbro really is putting out some great work this year.

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #19 on: March 8, 2004, 12:17 PM »
EE has the Bespin Wave up for preorder

2x Cloud Car Pilot
2x Lobot
2x Princess Leia
1x R2-D2  (HOF)
1x C-3PO (HOF)
1x Boba Fett (Saga)
1x Obi-Wan Kenobi (POTJ)
1x Stormtrooper (HOF)
1x Wicket (POTF2)

SilverZ

« Reply #20 on: March 8, 2004, 02:50 PM »
Preordered. Hopefully they'll come through on these in reasonable time. They've been getting ignored by Hasbro on the last few waves. The last new case they recieved was the Tatooine wave right around Xmas time.

Offline Darby

• Jedi Knight
  • I'm not with that guy
    • View Profile
    • darbyharn.com
« Reply #21 on: March 8, 2004, 08:40 PM »
I'd pre-order but since there are so many repacks in there I'll just find them in the stores.

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
« Reply #22 on: March 9, 2004, 12:39 AM »
Hm. I might preorder. New figures are pretty damn scarce around here.
don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk

Offline Paul

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 16, 2004, 09:35 PM »
I'd order a case if it wasn't for all the "extra" figures after the Bespin wave.  This is one I may just try retail on.  I do want a "Squad" of CCP's.  One of my favorite Vintage Figures.  Sadly the Vintage Pilots are going to have to give up their Pod Car to the new guys.

Bespin Leia looks good for what she is. and the new Lobot should pretty much be the definative version.(which means he'll be repackaged and repacked 100 times before 2018)

Offline obi-dad

• Jedi Initiate
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 24, 2004, 12:43 PM »
I can't wait to see these on the pegs.... no wait... I can't wait to see all new figures on pegs after the Tatooine wave.

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #25 on: May 25, 2004, 08:55 AM »

"Welcome to the Cloud City Diner, may I take your order?"

:P

GH.com has new carded photos of Lobot and CCP:

Click here for Bespin carded goodness.

Do my eyes decieve me or does that CCP have a clear visor/eyeholes on his helmet?

Jeff
« Last Edit: May 25, 2004, 08:57 AM by Nataku »
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #26 on: May 25, 2004, 09:58 AM »

Sure looks like it Jeff, can't wait to get a couple of CCP's, they'll start to flesh  out the Bespin corner really nicely.  There are a bunch of recards missing betwixt the Scout Trooper and CCP.  Those should surface soon I would guess

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #27 on: May 28, 2004, 09:16 AM »
This is clearly the best year Hasbro has ever given us, from selection to sculpts to value.  Very, very happy.

I agree and totoally disagree at the same time. We are getting 6 or 7 awesome figures. The rest well, it pretty much sucks that they are not new sculpts.
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #28 on: June 2, 2004, 12:39 PM »
GH has some beautiful shots of the BEspin Wave

http://www.galactichunter.com/absolutenm/templates/full_article_template_1.asp?articleid=2873&zoneid=2

Cannot wait for these babies!

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 2, 2004, 01:36 PM »
I'm pretty excited for this wave as well.  I've been hoping we'd get versions of all three of these, and all look to be done very well.  For some reason that Cloud Car pilot just looks so cool to me too.