Author Topic: Help - High Res image needed!  (Read 1845 times)

Offline Angry Ewok

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • The Ewok Village Idiot
    • View Profile
    • www.TowheeStudio.com
Help - High Res image needed!
« on: February 23, 2004, 02:00 PM »
Even though I'm pretty booked as far as my time for doing art goes, I've decided now is a good time to do a nice piece that's been swirling around in my head for years. I'll title it 'Pathway of Everlasting Peace' or something like that, from an event that occured in Tianamen Square in June of 1989.

I'm sure all of you older guys remember this very clearly, I was only a 5 or so when it happened, but seeing this broadcast really changed my life.

To the point - I really need a high resolution photo of this. A magazine scan or something - anything that I can use for a decent projection. I cannot freehand the details of a tank like I can people's faces.

« Last Edit: February 23, 2004, 02:01 PM by Angry Ewok »

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
  • Bouncy! Bouncy! I'm An Insane Kubrickaholic!™
    • View Profile
Re: Help - High Res image needed!
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2004, 02:21 PM »

Not the best so far. I typed in Tiananmen Square pictures & started to click on links. Thsi is the first one I found. Have a look in the link & maybe you will find one better.

The link:

Massacre of Tiananmen Square on 4th June 89

From an interview:

Question from Rory: Do you know who the student was who stood in front of the tank? If so, do you know what has happened to him?

Mr. Li Lu: His name was reportedly Mr. Wang Wei Lin. He was also reported last seen being taken away by the Chinese Police. He has since disappeared and the Chinese government today makes no acknowledgement whatsoever about his whereabouts.

I remember this well!  :'(  I look no further as I watched We Were Soldiers last night & my head...you know.  :-\

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2004, 02:32 PM »
You know what's totally freaky, is that my family was in Tienamen Square just a few months before that whole thing went down.  We were on vacation in China for a week and a half during my Spring Break from my freshman year in college.  Beautiful place (parts of it), and it was totally surreal watching all that madness go down on TV, happening in the same exact spot that my family spent the day in, and took all kinds of pictures of...  Very sad.   :-\

Show us your stuff when you're done Brad!  Looking forward to it...  8)

Offline Darth Kenobi

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2004, 03:57 PM »
I remember watching that scene on TV and talking about it in my fourth grade class as a current event.  I always wondered what happened to that man who had for a small amount of time stoped four tanks without anything but his body.  A few years ago I heard that he was arrested and eventually went missing while in prison.  
SHow as the finish piece when its done.

Offline Angry Ewok

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • The Ewok Village Idiot
    • View Profile
    • www.TowheeStudio.com
« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2004, 05:00 PM »
Thanks for everyone's help and interest thus far. I'm really getting excited about doing this...

As far as the whereabouts of this guy - Nobody knows for sure what happened to him, and if anyone did know then they'd probably disapear just like he did.

>:(

Offline Vator

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 23, 2004, 05:07 PM »
Can't wait to see it Brad!
Any chance we might get a Red Square parade out of you?That would look pretty cool!
- June 22, 2004 12:13 AM -