Author Topic: Best Stormtrooper ????  (Read 9418 times)

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
Re: Best Stormtrooper ????
« Reply #15 on: May 11, 2005, 03:10 AM »
TRU's they still appear in.  That's all I hear at this point though.

I'd like more myself...  Tough to come by for me, but our own Kneel Before Zod (Rob) has quite a hefty army. :)  He found lots.

I found that the biggest floodgate opening of them was when Wal-Mart clearanced the OTC/VOTC and stuff that never saw pegs at that store wound up hitting pegs for $7 or less!  I got 3 Stormies that way actually.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 11, 2005, 11:54 PM »
There's still some available online, but they run around $15-$20 each. That's how I got all of my ROTJ figures, as they never showed up in stores here, at least to my knowledge.
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline ruiner

• Jedi Master
  • raised to be lowered
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 13, 2005, 02:04 PM »
Ughh, the ESB wave didn't even ship here to Iowa - everyone was clogged to the brim with wave one.

I had to pick up the ESB wave online and the ROTJ wave in some small podunk town for $13 a piece!   :o

And then TRU got some in a few months later!

Oops, sorry this thread is about something else - I think you know the answer to your question by now!

POTF2 baby!

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 13, 2005, 11:26 PM »
I'm guesing VOTC aren't really in stores anymore ???

The weekend before last I picked up 3 at TRU for 9.99 each.  However, if it were an exclusive and 12.99 each, I'd have left them where they were  :D
This is what happens when you invade Wakanda

Offline Gregorbian

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I gotta get to Buckethead's Toy Store!
    • View Profile
    • Gregorbian's Photobucket
« Reply #19 on: May 13, 2005, 11:44 PM »
I agree with everybody that the VOTC Stormie is the best ever.  The onlyl thing that I think could improve it would be ball-jointed hips like the AT-TE Gunner, but as it is now, the VOTC Stormtrooper is my favorite Star Wars figure ever (nostalgia not being a factor  ;) )
I actually picked up a VOTC Stormtrooper at my TRU this week during a toy-run.  TRU is the only place that seems to still be getting shipments of the VOTC figures in (a couple of weeks ago my TRU was fully stocked with the ROTJ shipment). 
The scariest thing that I've ever seen,
Is the terrible AT-AT walking machine.
It's as big as a house on walking legs,
and whatever it steps on it crushes like eggs.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #20 on: May 14, 2005, 02:19 AM »
I nabbed two more tonight at TRU...  It seems the more remote the TRU, the better your chances of finding this figure as well...  I've found fewer the closer to the city I go, but the further out, the more there are....  They're definitely still landing at that store though, as it was less than a month ago I got what I figured would be the last one at that TRU.  They had more in back I guess, in a case that appears to be mixed with Yoda's and Lando's...  I see no other ROTJ figures than the Stormie though.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?

Offline CorranHorn

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I can't think of anything witty to say...
    • View Profile
    • The Power Of The Customizer
« Reply #21 on: May 14, 2005, 03:28 AM »
I nabbed two more tonight at TRU...  It seems the more remote the TRU, the better your chances of finding this figure as well...  I've found fewer the closer to the city I go, but the further out, the more there are....  They're definitely still landing at that store though, as it was less than a month ago I got what I figured would be the last one at that TRU.  They had more in back I guess, in a case that appears to be mixed with Yoda's and Lando's...  I see no other ROTJ figures than the Stormie though.

no freaking way! I hit a tru today and they were filled to the brim with yodas and landos, something they didnt have the last time i visted there about 2 weeks ago. man I coulda potentially missed out on VOTC Stormies, blah!

oh and the best Stormtrooper is hands down....

Vintage All the way baby, woooo!  ;D
Jason F.

- FFURG Admin
- Vintage Needs: Micro Collection Snowspeeder box and pilots, Micro Collection X-Wing pilot

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #22 on: May 14, 2005, 03:35 AM »
I'd say it's very likely you missed on them...  I forget the case ratios for VOTC now though, but I DO recall there definitely was one that was mostly ESB figs with some ROTJ repacks.

Bummer you missed...  If you can get to one further out from the city, that's my best suggestion.  They seem more likely to have this stuff I've found.  :( 

Offline CorranHorn

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I can't think of anything witty to say...
    • View Profile
    • The Power Of The Customizer
« Reply #23 on: May 14, 2005, 03:42 AM »
I'd say it's very likely you missed on them...  I forget the case ratios for VOTC now though, but I DO recall there definitely was one that was mostly ESB figs with some ROTJ repacks.

Bummer you missed...  If you can get to one further out from the city, that's my best suggestion.  They seem more likely to have this stuff I've found.  :( 

I was just thinking of hitting this one TRU that I've rarely been to before cause it's a bit out of the way, but at the same time I never hear about any other people in my area going there. Will have to see if it's still around. And even though the Vintage Stormie is well Vintage, VOTC Stormie is still the best Stormie and probably the best Star Wars figure ever.
Jason F.

- FFURG Admin
- Vintage Needs: Micro Collection Snowspeeder box and pilots, Micro Collection X-Wing pilot

Offline R5Don4

• Jedi Initiate
  • just ignore this *******
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 19, 2005, 11:55 PM »
Old classic Takara

Koto Sandtroopers

Koto Stormtrooper

GG Sandtrooper

GG Mini Bust

GG Bust up VOTC Hybrid

Various Harbros

Custom Unleashed

Marmit and VOTC side by side

All the Marmits

New Attackus

Old WEG

Marmit modified

VOTC

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #25 on: May 20, 2005, 02:01 AM »
Gregorbian...  I split your post off this one and am sending it over as a topic to Customs.  I'm 100% sure you're going to get every answer you seek there.  Not a hard swap, I can even help you when I'm done with this swap out. :)