Author Topic: OTC Sandcrawler  (Read 27905 times)

Offline Darby

• Jedi Knight
  • I'm not with that guy
    • View Profile
    • darbyharn.com
Re: 2004 NEW NEWS ON SANDCRAWLER
« Reply #30 on: June 2, 2004, 07:51 PM »
Well, it was a nice dream anyways.  There's no way I can part with $60 for this, as much as I've wanted one.  I doubt very many will either.  

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: June 3, 2004, 12:12 AM »
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: June 3, 2004, 12:46 AM »
Let's not forget too that $60 is Diamond's price.  When it gets to comic and hobby shops, it will probably increase by a few dollars as well so they can make a profit on the item beyond what Diamond charges them to order it.

Actually, $60 is suggested retail.  Meaning that Diamond dealers will be getting this at wholesale.  Their cost could be anywhere from $30 to $40.  I get discounts on Gentle Giant things all the time from my local comic shop around 10%.  I should be able to get the Sandcrawler from my guy for $50 -  $55.  Check with your own local comic shop.  No doubt, this will be listed in the new issue of Diamond's Prviews magazine soon, and your local shop will be able to order it for you.  That's what I'll be doing.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #33 on: June 3, 2004, 08:40 AM »
Yeah,

I plan on checking out the price at my local comic shop.

If they can get me the 'crawler at the normal previews discount they offer (15%) and the price comes down to $45-50 or so, I'll gladly order one.

After all, I'll have some extra cash in the SW Slush Fund from all those OTC repacks, TRU repacks, and DVD packs that I won't be buying... :P

Jeff
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: June 3, 2004, 08:45 AM »
The price is a little disappointing to me too.  I was hoping to pick up this vehicle when we first heard of it being a Target exclusive, and I never had the vintage one and thought it would be a nice piece to add to the collection (even if a bit underscaled).  However, I'm another one that doesn't know if I can part with $60 for this...probably depends on the funds at the time too.  I'd like to have one, but not sure if I would feel comfortable paying that price for it.

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #35 on: June 3, 2004, 09:46 AM »
I am very happy we are finally getting this. The price is a little high but I will bite the bullet. This is the one vintage vehicle I want but don't have. This will make me happy enough so I don thave to dish out the cash for a vintage one.
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Offline Snively Bandar

• Jedi Initiate
  • Hug a llama today!
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: June 3, 2004, 02:21 PM »
That price is definitely disappointing.  I was expecting to be able to pick this up at Target for about $30.  Not sure what I'm going to do now, but now that I just got engaged and there's two of us making the decisions, I'm not sure spending that kind of frivolous money is going to fly with my lady.  Bummer, since I've wanted the Sandcrawler ever since I was a little kid.  Guess I'll have to figure out something.

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #37 on: June 3, 2004, 04:36 PM »
Just to make it Officially "Official", Hasbro confirms the Diamond news:

Hasbro's Sandcrawler News Release

Jeff

Offline proudfather2

• Jedi Initiate
  • Todd
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: June 4, 2004, 10:49 AM »
That's a fine scaled Sandcrawler... for Micro-Machines sized figures! All sarcasm aside, I'll pass. Congrats to those who got what they wanted however.

Offline DoctorPadawan

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Get that poison out of your system
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: June 5, 2004, 01:52 PM »
Just thought I'd let everyone know (unless this has been mentioned elsewhere; I have yet to see it on any other site) that the Sandcrawler is now up for preorder at StarWarsShop.com for $59.99, expected delivery in November of this year.

Jawa Sandcrawler

So now I get to be a partial hypocrite: I'm going to go ahead and preorder it, even after I said I wasn't going to buy it in the first place.  Why?  The fifty dollar GC I got from SSW.com a few months back that I never ended up using.  I figure I'll end up paying about 25 bucks for the Sandcrawler which is about what I think it's worth at most, so it seems like a good deal to me.  Especially considering I'm too poor to pay the prices for anything else on the site and this is the first thing I've seen that I would be interested in getting from them.

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: June 5, 2004, 02:01 PM »
That's a fine scaled Sandcrawler... for Micro-Machines sized figures! All sarcasm aside, I'll pass. Congrats to those who got what they wanted however.

Same size as the vintage one.  :D
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #41 on: June 7, 2004, 02:03 PM »
I'm going to go ahead and preorder it, even after I said I wasn't going to buy it in the first place.  Why?  The fifty dollar GC I got from SSW.com a few months back that I never ended up using.

Thanks for the reminder!  I had forgotten about that Gift Certificate.  I still had mine left to use too, so I dug it out of the checkbook and redeemed it when I pre-ordered my Sandcrawler at StarWarsShop.com today.

The total with shipping came to $17.94  :o

I was pretty sure that my local comic shop couldn't beat that price, so I decided to pull the trigger on the SWS.com pre-order.  Now we wait until November to see if it ever gets released...

Jeff

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: June 7, 2004, 02:08 PM »
That is great for those of you who had that GC saved and ready to use.  Definitely easier to stomach the price for $20ish instead of $60.  I'm still debating on this one, I really wouldn't mind adding it to the collection, even if it is underscaled.  A vehicle I never had as a kid (or adult), and a classic from the OT, so it would be neat to have.  At least its getting released....finally. :)

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #43 on: June 11, 2004, 12:13 PM »
I'm hearing now that NewForceComics.com will put the Sandcrawler up for pre-order soon... only $49.99 plus shipping.

Not too shabby for those that still need one and are willing to check it out.

Jeff

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #44 on: June 11, 2004, 04:05 PM »
Thanks Jeff!  That's getting slightly more "stomach-able"...  Might pre-order one from them, and keep an eye out for even better deals later on to hopefully snag an extra.