Author Topic: OTC Sandcrawler  (Read 27906 times)

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Re: 2004 NEW NEWS ON SANDCRAWLER
« Reply #75 on: November 8, 2004, 08:41 AM »
I've really been going back and forth on whether or not to pick this piece up, because I usually like to get all of the OT vehicles, but after reading many of your thoughts on it, I think I might pass.  It would have been a chunk of money, collecting-wise, for me to spend anyways, and it just doesn't sound like many people think it is worth it.  I guess it would be cheaper than picking up a vintage version, but otherwise it doesn't sound like it is anything spectacular.

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #76 on: November 8, 2004, 10:32 PM »
Got my Sandcrawler from FedEx today!

It seems as beauty is once again in the eye of the beholder... and as one who was lucky enough to be-holding a $50 GC from SWShop.com, I like my Sandcrawler.  If this thing was $60, I'd be mad, but for my price of $18 I'm very happy with what I got.

The moral of the story?  If you're on the fence about this one, I'd say hold on until they hit clearance.  You'll like this vehicle a heck of a lot more for $40 or $30 than the $60 price tag.

Jeff
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Darth Broem

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: November 11, 2004, 09:27 AM »
Yep, the main reason I want this piece is because I missed it when I was a wee lad.  It's one of those things that has bugged me ever since.  I don't love the vehicle enough to get it for its secondary market price.  So, now they have a repainted one I'll get it.  Plus, Hasbro will never ever make a new one to scale.  Especially since no retailer was interested in the current version. 

I found out I'm getting this for X-mas.  However, I would have plunked down the $50 for it myself.  Not happily of course, but at least it's something I can cross off my "I always wanted that but never got it" list.  It's ok enough for me to be displayed.  It's not like that scene is my fav in the film.  So, this repaint will "do" for me.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #78 on: November 11, 2004, 09:24 PM »
Here's a plea...

To any of you who possibly picked up an extra Sandcrawler (for whatever reason), if you'd like to recoop some cost, I'd like an RA-7 pack-in droid from one.

Anyone able to help me out that maybe got an extra perhaps?  Just IM me here or something.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #79 on: November 30, 2004, 05:49 PM »
Well, based on DL's delay in getting in the purportedly cheap Sandcrawlers, I finally caved in today and bought one of these atrocities, since it was $10 off the usual $60 price.  I actually ran across one at Tower Records of all places, for "just" $49.99, so I bit the proverbial bullet on this atrocity.   ::)  Pretty surprised at the "reasonable" Sandcrawler price there...

The thing still sucks monkey nuts though.   ::)

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: November 30, 2004, 05:57 PM »
Found one on ebay "buy it now" for $41.95 plus $11.99 s&h - probably the best deal I thought I'd see for a while on it.   Had the wifey buy it for me as a Christmas present.  I know it could have been a lot better, but the paint job on it does look very nice.

:P

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #81 on: April 15, 2005, 08:23 PM »
Well, based on DL's delay in getting in the purportedly cheap Sandcrawlers, I finally caved in today and bought one of these atrocities, since it was $10 off the usual $60 price.  I actually ran across one at Tower Records of all places, for "just" $49.99, so I bit the proverbial bullet on this atrocity.   ::)  Pretty surprised at the "reasonable" Sandcrawler price there...

The thing still sucks monkey nuts though.   ::)

Since this vehicle is window boxed, I needed two (one to keep MIMSB).  So today, I once again caved, and bought a second one across the street at Tower again, for $49.99.  Ugh.  Figured I should nab that last OTC item I still needed, so I could polish that line off and focus on ROTS now.

I hate myself.  >:(

Offline JesseVader08

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Re: OTC Sandcrawler
« Reply #82 on: April 15, 2005, 08:30 PM »
Do you do loose and carded boxed for vehicles too?  Yoiks, that must add up in a hurry.

I don't suppose they had any left?  I still need one - I've never actually seen it at any of the collectibles shops I frequent.   :-[

Don't hate yourself Matt - your obsession is what ensures that these long wanted vehicles actually get made.  (even if it does suck monkey nuts...  ;))

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #83 on: April 15, 2005, 08:37 PM »
I usually try to keep an extra one in mint package only if it's in the nice window boxes.  No window box (ala the Shuttle), only one needed - unless I'm army building with it.

They still had two left, but I probably can't head back over there 'til Monday now.  Did you want one for $54.11, J2?  LMK, and if so, I'll hold the Holo Yoda shipment and do them altogether.

The last couple had a few nicks on the boxes.  Nothing all that bad though...

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #84 on: April 16, 2005, 07:09 AM »
Oh man, two...

You are obsessive.  :)  Even with a new figure I couldn't bring myself to plunk that $$$ down on ONE of those things.  Every time I see the one that still sits at Suncoast here, I just roll my eyes.  That was one of the worse things Hasbro gouged everyone on.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline JesseVader08

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: May 2, 2005, 11:14 PM »
Did I luck out... My wife was in Calgary and found a Sandcrawler at a collectibles shop (Chinook and Hobby West for you Canucks, you know who you are).  The price?  $30 CDN, or about $24 US.  Last one on the shelf.

Have I even mentioned how much I love my wifey?     :P

SilverZ

« Reply #86 on: May 3, 2005, 01:59 AM »
Colman's head is about to explode...

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #87 on: May 3, 2005, 02:16 AM »
Argh.  Lucky bastard.  But at least you got one, and for cheap.  I assume that means you no longer need one of the $50 ones still sitting at Tower Records by my office then, right?  :P

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
  • Bouncy! Bouncy! I'm An Insane Kubrickaholic!™
    • View Profile
The the good old Chinook Hobby Sandcrawler blowout sale. They had quite a few at Shane's toy show and at the toy/cd show when we were in Indy, can't beat $30. for one.

Offline JesseVader08

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: May 3, 2005, 12:11 PM »
I assume that means you no longer need one of the $50 ones still sitting at Tower Records by my office then, right? :P

Colman's head is about to explode...

Jared, hurry up and buy that new camera so that you can post a high resolution picture of that!

;D