Author Topic: 2003 Birthday Thread!  (Read 75862 times)

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
Re: Happy Birthday chuckles!
« Reply #105 on: May 21, 2003, 11:38 AM »
Dang! 31!?  I've been trading with a younger man who's been lying to me about his age :o

Happy birthday punk, hope you enjoy the ceiling fan you got as an early present ;)
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #106 on: May 21, 2003, 11:40 AM »
Did you trade Jim a ceiling fan?  If so I need a weed whacker Brent... :-*

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: May 21, 2003, 11:43 AM »
Gas or electric?  And whatchou got to trade?

I'll let Jim explain the ceiling fan as an early gift himself, though I know Matt knows the story already.   ;)

Offline chuckles

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: May 21, 2003, 01:29 PM »
Thank you all for the birthday wishes guys.  :)

Happy birthday punk, hope you enjoy the ceiling fan you got as an early present ;)

And thank you Brent for bringing that up.  ::)

Guess I should explain now, though it's the abbreviated version of the story. It involves the MR  Anakin's FX saber, a glass ceiling light fixture in our bedroom and a high speed collision. The saber made out without a scratch, and the light fixture, well, let's just say it's gone to a better place now.  ;D  So with that out of the picture, that just opened up the door for the ceiling fan my wife has been wanting in there for several months. But no, just because I had to go buy it and pay for it yesterday, doesn't make it a birthday gift to myself.  :P

Offline dustrho

• Jedi Knight
  • AWESOME
    • View Profile
    • SANDTROOPERS.com
« Reply #109 on: May 21, 2003, 01:46 PM »
It involves the MR  Anakin's FX saber, a glass ceiling light fixture in our bedroom and a high speed collision. The saber made out without a scratch, and the light fixture, well, let's just say it's gone to a better place now.  

So YOU'RE the guy who did the damage to the ceiling fan!  I didn't understand who that story was about.  HAHA!!!  I almost did the same thing to our ceiling fan in my master bedroom when I got my lightsaber.  I had the lights off, it was nice and dark in the room, and with the lightsaber glowing it looked like the scene out of AOTC (between Dooku and Anakin).  I was swinging that bad boy in all directions when I hit our ceiling fan.  The second I hit it I jumped to the ground because I thought it was going to fall on my head.  It didn't break or anything.  Both the saber & ceiling fan were in good condition afterward.

Sorry your fan broke.
dustrho

Offline MisterPL

• Jedi Padawan
  • Sarcastic instigator at large.
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: May 21, 2003, 02:17 PM »
I'm only allowed to use my lightsabre outdoors.  :-\

Happy birthday, chuckles! It's all in the wrist!  ;)
Post sober.

Offline chuckles

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: May 21, 2003, 02:24 PM »

Sorry your fan broke.

Well, for the record, it was just a regular light fixture, not a fan. But as a result of it, we now have a ceiling fan in there. Probably explains why my wife didn't seem to care too much when I broke the light in the first place. She knew this was her chance to get that fan in there.

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #112 on: May 21, 2003, 02:40 PM »
A HUGE Happy Birthday to a great guy - chuckles!  It's been a true pleasure getting to know Jim here over the past several months, and an honor to have him as a member of the Four Muskateers!  Hope you have a stupendously awesome 31st Birthday Jim, and make it through another day without breaking anything in your house!  Enjoy the new ceiling fan you big GOOF!

And to my credit, I kept my word and didn't specifically "out" you and your wacky, out-of-control lightsaber antics in my Anakin FX Saber post!  But I just knew that Brent wouldn't be able to keep his big mouth shut (sorta)!   ;D

Looking forward to hearing about the future damage you cause when you unleash your Dark Side with the Vader FX saber in the near future!

Happy Birthday Jim!
« Last Edit: May 21, 2003, 02:44 PM by JediMAC »

Offline FX-7

• Jedi Initiate
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: May 21, 2003, 02:50 PM »
Happy birthday chuckles

Medical Droid Extrodinaire

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: May 21, 2003, 02:57 PM »
Hey, I never promised I wouldn't say anthing Mr. TBM. ;D  

And all I did was hint at the cause, I never revealed nuttin' :-*  I mentioned a ceiling fan as an early B-day present, nothing more.  Jim had ample opportunity to lie, he just chose not to take it.  No dark side in that padawan.  Much to learn, has he.  

Offline jadesfire

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: May 21, 2003, 03:10 PM »
HAPPY BIRTHDAY !!!

Beth

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #116 on: May 21, 2003, 06:54 PM »
Happy birthday, chuckles! It's all in the wrist!  ;)

Don't you start up with that Spanking the Monket stuff again now John!   ;D   :P

I'll let Jim explain the ceiling fan as an early gift to himself, though I know Matt knows the story already.

Hey, I never promised I wouldn't say anthing Mr. TBM. ;D  

And all I did was hint at the cause, I never revealed nuttin' :-*  I mentioned a ceiling fan as an early B-day present...

Yeah, but if anyone puts your posts here and my post there together, they'd likely figure it out...   :-*  You must understand Brent, how terribly embarrassed Jim is by his total lack of coordination and lightsaber skills, that he really preferred not to let the whole gang in on his sad secret, ya' know...?   :-[  Poor guy...   ;D

BTW Lenny, what/who the hell is that?  G.I. Joe in his birthday outfit?   ???
« Last Edit: May 21, 2003, 07:08 PM by JediMAC »

Offline Carrie M

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: May 21, 2003, 07:22 PM »
Happy Birthday Jim! I hope that the coming year brings you everything that you hope it will.
Carrie, collector of Tusken-y things.

Offline Chris

• Founder
  • Administrator
  • Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #118 on: May 21, 2003, 07:26 PM »
Happy Birthday Jim! :)

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: May 21, 2003, 08:20 PM »
Aw Matt, see, you are to blame.  Without your post, mine would have been nothing more than curious.  Hey, how are those Lakers doing ;) ;D