Author Topic: Split: Celebration 3 is heating up (Spamming)  (Read 2167 times)

Offline Chris

• Founder
  • Administrator
  • Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
Split: Celebration 3 is heating up (Spamming)
« on: February 18, 2004, 04:12 PM »
Please, stop the personal conversations and short, one-lined replies. Basically, the whole 8th page consists of nothing worthwhile. If this pattern continues, certain privileges may be revoked. If you wish to have a one on one conversation that is more than fine, just use the PM system. Thanks for the cooperation.
« Last Edit: February 18, 2004, 04:35 PM by Chris Berry »

Offline Vator

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
Re: Celebration 3 is heating up.
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2004, 04:35 PM »
Ok,it's not like we're doing it on purpose.Sorry for waisting bandwith,dude.Young people make mistakes.

But in our defense,is it any worse than what happend in the snow thread,you know when the topic degenerated into OCB and JediMacs little crack fest.And besides atleast we were on topic,we were discussing C3,it just so happens that we were the only ones discussing it.

So with that,it won't happen again,and sorry.
- June 22, 2004 12:13 AM -

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2004, 04:38 PM »
Yeah Matt got his ass spanked pretty good for that Snow thread debacle, duly noted and thanks for understanding ;)

Offline Chris

• Founder
  • Administrator
  • Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2004, 04:56 PM »
Vator, bandwidth is the least of my concerns and was absolutely not what I was talking about. I am referring to the pointless replies that make the forums look immature and childish. JediDefender is a place for informational and fun conversation with a great sense of maturity. Posting back and forth with "oh okay. Thanks Andrew" is not acceptable. We welcome everyone here, but ask that our all members conform to the style of posting that our community was built and thrives on. OCB and JediMAC have fun with each other, but are both very well respected collectors and contribute high quality content, and not as many jokes or one-liners. Both have written pages full of informational content and respectable debates on numerous occasions and are forum administrators who keep the boards clean and in pristine condition.

Just two examples of NOT staying on topic:

Same to you. :)

Oh I see :o

There is no need for anyone to become upset, I am simply asking that this type of thing stops. I appreciate your concern and respect for my wishes. :)
« Last Edit: February 18, 2004, 04:59 PM by Chris Berry »

Offline Mainland05

• Jedi Apprentice
  • inventing a time machine :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2004, 05:01 PM »
Vator, bandwidth is the least of my concerns and was absolutely not what I was talking about. I am referring to the pointless replies that make the forums look immature and childish. JediDefender is a place for informational and fun conversation with a great sense of maturity. Posting back and forth with "oh okay. Thanks Andrew" is not acceptable. We welcome everyone here, but ask that our all members conform to the style of posting that our community was built and thrives on. OCB and JediMAC have fun with each other, but are both very well respected collectors and contribute high quality content, and not as many jokes or one-liners. Both have written pages full of informational content and respectable debates on numerous occasions and are forum administrators who keep the boards clean and in pristine condition.

Just two examples of NOT staying on topic:

Same to you. :)

Oh I see :o

There is no need for anyone to become upset, I am simply asking that this type of thing stops. I appreciate your concern and respect for my wishes. :)

So basically you want us to write pages full of stuff in order for us to not be childish or immature?  
Born & Raised Modesto Man. :)

Offline Vator

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 18, 2004, 05:02 PM »
Well,Chris,I see your point.I'll try harder in the future to make more mature replys.

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #6 on: February 18, 2004, 05:07 PM »
No, he's saying that this is a message board not a chat room, not everything needs to be a book...but we don't need personal conversations being played out when you could use our chatroom or PM service

Offline Vator

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 18, 2004, 05:09 PM »
Yeah,I mean...they do have valid points,so lets just do what they say.It's not like following the inept mods at Rebelscum.

Offline Chris

• Founder
  • Administrator
  • Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #8 on: February 18, 2004, 05:10 PM »

So basically you want us to write pages full of stuff in order for us to not be childish or immature?  

No, that is not what I am saying at all. I am justifying JediMAC and OCB "fooling around" a little bit in the snow thread. They have more than posted content filled information time and time again, so I see no problem with them going back and forth with each other in a jokingly manner in a few select threads. You are quick to criticize RebelScum for its flaws, but continue the trend of RebelScum here with some of your postings. I have made it clear that your previous postings are not acceptable, so I no longer see this as a debate.
« Last Edit: February 18, 2004, 05:12 PM by Chris Berry »

Offline Mainland05

• Jedi Apprentice
  • inventing a time machine :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 18, 2004, 05:13 PM »
okay, Chris no problem i was just trying to figure out what you meant, so thank you, and it will not happen again. ;)
Born & Raised Modesto Man. :)

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #10 on: February 18, 2004, 05:33 PM »
What's snow?   :-*
Wow.  As I was typing up this response to Chris' original post, this topic has really taken off!  Here's what I was saying, prior to reading all of the subsequent replies above, much of which has already been covered now, I see:

I think the point here is that it's OK to go off on a slight tangent or post "one-liners" occasionally, but if it becomes too much of a habit, and the vast majority of a person's posts are a very GNT'esque one liner with little valuable content, then we want to try and change that.  It has nothing to do with bandwidth, but more to do with JD having quality posts that more than potentially just two people would enjoy reading...

If you look at the average JD poster here, most of us will typically type up a good paragraph or two (or more) with our thoughts and comments on a given issue.  We've always stressed quality over quantity here at JediDefender when it comes to our members and their posting, which is what differentiates our site from others, and is why most of our members participate here in the first place.  You generally won't find the mindless drivel here at JD that you would find at most other sites, the likes of which you have to endlessly sort through to find anything of actual content or interest.

Sure, some of us will have some "crack-fests" from time to time, but they're few and far between (the "Snow" thread being one of them).  But on average, the vast majority of our other posts are much more substantial in content, and far less "conversational".  If a member shows a history of content-rich posts, they're much more likely to get away with a few chatty or witty one liners from time to time.

Hopefully that makes sense...  We want you to have fun, but we don't want this to look like a chatroom, which we actually have elsewhere on our site (feel free to use).  Hopefully everyone understands where we're coming from here...

- Matt
« Last Edit: February 18, 2004, 05:41 PM by JediMAC »