I got to thinking today and I am a little surprised that Hasbro doesn't take a little more advantage of this Classic Trilogy revival with some all new items. The inclusion of old sculpts of the X-Wing and TIE Fighter is a huge letdown for me, but even more of a letdown is the lack of all-around creativity.
I love the idea of the modern-vintage figures (especially the looks of Han and Leia), but I think they could have done more in the way of variety. Who knows, there could be a lot more in store for us than what we have seen so far. But here are some ideas, feel free to comment and add your own ideas too!
- new Owen Lars w/ moisture vaporator
- new Death Star Trooper w/ circular Death Star console
- Rebel Technician w/ Yavin circular Death Star attack display
- Rebel Honor Guard w/ extendable watch tower
- new Bespin Han (no jacket) w/ torture device
- new Vader w/ mediation chamber
- new C3PO w/ throne and generic Ewok
- new Palpatine w/ throne and giant Death Star window
- Stormtrooper 3-pk (similar to Clonetrooper 3-pk but none lying down)
- Rebel pilot 3-pk (X-Wing, Snowspeeder, A-Wing)
- Imperial Forces 3-pk (Death Star Gunner, Imperial Technician, grey tunic Imperial Officer)
- Jawa Droids 3-pk (Sandcrawler Droid, LIN Mining Droid, 8-armed Spider Droid)
- Cantina Patrons (Kitik Keedkak, Gotal, Elis Herot)
OK, that's probably too many Deluxes for such a short period of time, but I think most of them would sell well. Other ideas guys?