Author Topic: What OTC items should Hasbro add to their list?  (Read 4550 times)

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
What OTC items should Hasbro add to their list?
« on: February 18, 2004, 05:17 PM »
I got to thinking today and I am a little surprised that Hasbro doesn't take a little more advantage of this Classic Trilogy revival with some all new items.  The inclusion of old sculpts of the X-Wing and TIE Fighter is a huge letdown for me, but even more of a letdown is the lack of all-around creativity.  

I love the idea of the modern-vintage figures (especially the looks of Han and Leia), but I think they could have done more in the way of variety.  Who knows, there could be a lot more in store for us than what we have seen so far.  But here are some ideas, feel free to comment and add your own ideas too!

DELUXE/ULTRA ASSORTMENT

- new Owen Lars w/ moisture vaporator

- new Death Star Trooper w/ circular Death Star console

- Rebel Technician w/ Yavin circular Death Star attack display

- Rebel Honor Guard w/ extendable watch tower

- new Bespin Han (no jacket) w/ torture device

- new Vader w/ mediation chamber

- new C3PO w/ throne and generic Ewok

- new Palpatine w/ throne and giant Death Star window

- Stormtrooper 3-pk (similar to Clonetrooper 3-pk but none lying down)

- Rebel pilot 3-pk (X-Wing, Snowspeeder, A-Wing)

- Imperial Forces 3-pk (Death Star Gunner, Imperial Technician,  grey tunic Imperial Officer)

- Jawa Droids 3-pk (Sandcrawler Droid, LIN Mining Droid, 8-armed Spider Droid)

- Cantina Patrons (Kitik Keedkak, Gotal, Elis Herot)

OK, that's probably too many Deluxes for such a short period of time, but I think most of them would sell well.  Other ideas guys?

:P

Offline Vator

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
Re: What OTC items should Hasbro add to their list?
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2004, 05:58 PM »
Honestly,I'm more concerned about Episode III stuff.

Because let's look at the facts here:At the end of 2001 Hasbro put out some of the most top notch figures to date.Then,the quality slipped,and we got stuck with lame poses,action features,and other senseless dribble.

So,I suppose while I'd love to have all those things,I'd prefer that its kinda of a ''what ya se is what ya get'' deal.That way we can keep some hope alive that the initial Episode III figures won't suck.

That said:

Imperial Gunnery Station with five figures:Gunnery sgt.
and four grunts.Comes with turret and base. MSRP:15.00
- June 22, 2004 12:13 AM -

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2004, 11:18 AM »
A New Hope
1. R5-D4
2. Bom Vimdin
3. Wioslea
4. Hem Dazon
5. Dannik Jerriko
6. Tonnika Sisters Two Pack
7. Colonel Wulf Yularen
8. Braniac
9. Feltipern Trevagg
10. General Tagge

The Empire Strikes Back
1. Hoth Rebel Soldier (Echo Base troop garb)
2. Ice Cream Maker Guy
3. Death Star Trooper Resculpt
4. General Veers
5. Hobbie or Zev
6. Torryn Farr
7. White or Black Bespin Guard
8. Major Bren Derlin
9. Medical Frigate Luke
10. Medical Frigate Leia

Return of the Jedi
1. Klaatu Palace version
2. Chief Chirpa/Lumat Two pack
3. Romba/Warok Two Pack
4. Hermi Odle
5. Skiff Nikto
6. Yarna d'al' Gargan
7. Weequay Skiff Master
8. Sgt Doallyn
9. Kithaba
10. Fozec

Offline stan

• Jedi Initiate
  • Choose Your Destiny!!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2004, 04:08 PM »
Hey guys , I sure Hasbro is Holding back, just take a look at last year!!!!
I expect not including a few clone wars figures at least three more newly
assortment before the year is up!!!! Not to mention that I just got a glimpes of some thing to come a playschool republic gunship.  I hoping
for a few more ultra OTC assortment for 2005. Not to mention we should
see some 2005 product before  the end of this year!!!! I beleive the best is yet to come-Sandcrawler and Cloud Car !!!!!!!!!!

Offline speedermike

• Jedi Apprentice
  • He doesn't like you...
    • View Profile
    • MichaelRex.com
« Reply #4 on: February 19, 2004, 10:28 PM »
What surprises me most is that Hasbro hasn't mentioned any more Army builder 3-Packs similar to the ones in the Clone Wars line.  Except for the non-movie, gimmick heavy Driod Launcher, these flew off the shelves.  OT 3 packs such as Stomtroopers, Sandpeople and Endor Rebels would be very successful, and welcome.

It also seesm that the Screen Scenes sold well enough that more could be announced.  I'd give my left jewel for 2 cantina Screen Scenes that were all new aliens!
Children's Book Author and Illustrator   mikerexbooks.blogspot.com

Offline jokabofe

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 19, 2004, 11:03 PM »
i don't know about those screen scenes... there are tons of them sitting at my toys r us right now. i think the $21.99 price point was what pushed people away... why couldn't they make them $19.99 like the old cinema scenes? i think the fact that they are over the $20 mark makes people turn away, as silly as it sounds. i know that $19.99 is basically $20, but it's all mental. if people see $19.99 they are more prone to buy something.

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 20, 2004, 02:14 PM »
i don't know about those screen scenes... there are tons of them sitting at my toys r us right now. i think the $21.99 price point was what pushed people away... why couldn't they make them $19.99 like the old cinema scenes? i think the fact that they are over the $20 mark makes people turn away, as silly as it sounds. i know that $19.99 is basically $20, but it's all mental. if people see $19.99 they are more prone to buy something.

Well at Target stores they are $19.99 and always have been on the Screen Scenes, I think TRU decided to try and gouge a couple more bucks out of people.  I would not be surprised to see these reduced to $11.99 or something by mid summer.

Let's hope you are right Stan on your predictions, and that's a great list you came up with OCB.

And speedermike, I couldn't agree with you more.  Why in the world would Hasbro not want to produce more army-builder 3-pks?  Those things are gold!

Offline Darth Broem

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 21, 2004, 02:37 PM »
I think Stan is probably correct.  This probably won't be all we get this year.  There were an awful lot of rumored figures that have not been brought up yet by Hasbro.  I know they are rumored but a lot of rumored figs end up being produced.  I don't mean all of the rumored figs but some sure sound like they could do well on the pegs.  

Since the Cloud Car Pilot figure has bendeable knees I would assume one is coming in the near future.  Why even release that figure if it can't pilot anything?  I expect them to release a Cloud Car with a pack in pilot.  Just guessing of course.  

Offline Mainland05

• Jedi Apprentice
  • inventing a time machine :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 23, 2004, 09:45 PM »
A New Hope
1. R5-D4
2. Bom Vimdin
3. Wioslea
4. Hem Dazon
5. Dannik Jerriko
6. Tonnika Sisters Two Pack
7. Colonel Wulf Yularen
8. Braniac
9. Feltipern Trevagg
10. General Tagge

The Empire Strikes Back
1. Hoth Rebel Soldier (Echo Base troop garb)
2. Ice Cream Maker Guy
3. Death Star Trooper Resculpt
4. General Veers
5. Hobbie or Zev
6. Torryn Farr
7. White or Black Bespin Guard
8. Major Bren Derlin
9. Medical Frigate Luke
10. Medical Frigate Leia

Return of the Jedi
1. Klaatu Palace version
2. Chief Chirpa/Lumat Two pack
3. Romba/Warok Two Pack
4. Hermi Odle
5. Skiff Nikto
6. Yarna d'al' Gargan
7. Weequay Skiff Master
8. Sgt Doallyn
9. Kithaba
10. Fozec

Thats a great list, i really wish Hasbro would step up to the plate and do all the figures that should be done for thr OTC, i mean this is a special moment for all of us, they should honor that and produce all these, really they should!
Born & Raised Modesto Man. :)

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #9 on: February 24, 2004, 12:00 AM »
They really should add a list of the 12 "Vintage" OTC figures repackaged on the regular OTC line's cards for $5 each.

Till they do that, they're going to be making a huge mistake IMO.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 31, 2004, 04:42 PM »
With all the supposed vehicles now coming out in this OTC line, I think it would have been great to see a new Snowspeeder on that list, with an all new Snowspeeder Luke.

And then to see an all new generic Snowspeeder pilot released in the regular carded line.

Offline obi-dad

• Jedi Initiate
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 1, 2004, 11:52 AM »
With all the supposed vehicles now coming out in this OTC line, I think it would have been great to see a new Snowspeeder on that list, with an all new Snowspeeder Luke.

And then to see an all new generic Snowspeeder pilot released in the regular carded line.

No more Snowspeeders please!!!  Haven't we had 3 or 4 already?   We definitely need a resculpt on Snowspeeder Luke, though.   How about that Cloud Car, or even the Vehicle Maintenance Energizer with parts of the dropped Target Accessory pack with the ladders to the vehicles and the Technician?  That would be a great set.   Or the vintage rebel troop mover... don't remember the name of it, but it is used in hangers to move the pilots around.  

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 1, 2004, 03:01 PM »
We've had TWO Snowspeeders in the modern line (not 3-4), one in the POTF2 line and the hard to find POTJ version with two crappy pilots.

I'd much rather see a Cloud Car too, and I think we will see one, but I always thought it would be cool to see a Snowspeeder w/out decals needing to be applied; instead it could have a good paint job.

I also wouldn't be against them releasing another AT-ST, this time with a little snow on the feet like on Hoth.