Author Topic: Holidat Edition Yoda  (Read 1817 times)

Offline Boba Binks

• Jedi Padawan
  • The Most Feared Bounty Hunter on Naboo
    • View Profile
    • David Jonathan Syczylo
Holidat Edition Yoda
« on: October 14, 2003, 08:20 PM »
Well today I got my Holiday Edition Yoda thanks to my friend Jeremy. He picked up a few and had some to go around. :)

Anyways, here is my review of this little bugger.

Hasbro and Lucasfilm Ltd. are delighted to present the second in a series of Star Wars Holiday Edition commemorative sets. Inspired by the artwork of renowned artist Ralph McQuarrie, this specially designed set captures the imaginative vision of McQuarrie's art in collectible 3"3/4" action figure scale. Our gift to you, this piece is a distinctive addition to any Star Wars collection. May the Force be with you, and happy holidays.

Package: This package is kind of like the C-3P0 / R2-D2 Holiday set from last year. The card inside is very easy to steal out of the package if one dared. It is just taped on the inside of the back part of the package. You have to know that the back part is just folded over cardboard with tape on the sides to hold it closed. So if you cut the tape the card slides right on out. That is BAD design.

To open up this toy is a bear! There is so much little pieces of tape you have to cut to be able to open up this toy. I guess the more tape the merrier to keep little unwanted hands from opening up the toy itself. So on that part, it is GOOD design.

The Jedi Master Points = 30 Points.

The Card: The card is once again a copy of teh drawing by Ralph McQ. I have not taken it out of the plastic bag so I am not sure what it says on the inside.

The Toy itself: Yoda is in his Santa outfit. He has three points of articulation: X2 arms and head. His Gimmer Stick is seperate but held on with a rubberband. His sack of toys is also loose. Yoda can hold it with his right hand while it hangs over his shoulder. Yoda in all is very well done.

The base is like lasts years set. It is black on on the front it says "Holiday Editon" The top is covered with snow and has an attached playball and block resting in the snow.

When Yoda is placed on the base it looks nice.  

Overall I will have to give this toy the rating of an A.

I hope all who want one for their collection gets one before the Holidays. It is a nice addition to your Holiday decor.

For those of you looking for me. I am now at www.sandtroopers.com

Offline dustrho

• Jedi Knight
  • AWESOME
    • View Profile
    • SANDTROOPERS.com
Re: Holidat Edition Yoda
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2003, 08:23 PM »
I can't wait to order mine from Paizo.  Nice review!
dustrho

Offline Morbius

• Youngling
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
Re: Holidat Edition Yoda
« Reply #2 on: April 2, 2004, 11:06 AM »
                        Personally I'm waiting for the Star Wars Holiday Special version of Luke Skywalker, X-wing pilot complete with  eyeliner  ;D