Author Topic: Fan Choice's On Repacks  (Read 21148 times)

Offline hansolo_506

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
Re: Fan Choice #6
« Reply #15 on: February 23, 2004, 08:44 PM »
Personally, I did vote and I voted for the R2 unit.  It is one of the best sculpts of our plucky little droid hero and was very hard to find for a lot of people.

A second chance at any of these should be for the R2.
Don't curse in your signature.

-c.berry

Offline Mainland05

• Jedi Apprentice
  • inventing a time machine :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 23, 2004, 09:44 PM »
well i voted for R2-D2 with Holo Leia!
Born & Raised Modesto Man. :)

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 23, 2004, 10:16 PM »
BOOOOOOOOOOO at the choices.

But I'll take either Motti or R2 w/ Holo Leia.
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #18 on: February 23, 2004, 11:57 PM »
I voted...  May as well, ya know?  I voted for Motti.

I'm not wild about this FC Poll though...  It's very disappointing that Hasbro would waste a FC vote on repacking figures.  Figures that each one can be had for a relatively decent price already if you LOOK for them.

To me, this is a waste, and Hasbro should decide this crap themselves, for better or for worse, based on what the fans are crying out for every damn day in all these various forums.

The Fan's Choice Polls should only be reserved for obscure characters that the fans get to pick through, and Hasbro makes one and considers making the others based on their #'s they generate.  It's been working so far, so why screw with it, ya know?

It's disappointing to see this "wasted" on repacks I guess.  I mean, it's not like they're doing us too much of a favor really.  At least I don't view it that way, but I also have every figure on the list.

I simply voted for Motti because it gives some Imp. Officer diversity...  He's the only one on the list that I think still is "rare" too.  Even I saw tons of R2 Holo Leia at TRU at a point, and Pittsburgh got shafted on the clearances that included that figure.

A list of odd-ball background characters would've definitely been up my alley though.  Shame we'll have to wait another year + for that though, unless Hasbro opts to just do this again which, to me, is simply rendering the idea of a Fan's Choice Poll moot then.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #19 on: February 24, 2004, 12:04 AM »
The Fan Choice was special, the figures were always top shelf go the extra mile sort of stuff.  Imagine a poll with Hermi Odle or Yarna or Hem Dazon...nope, this is just ****, complete and utter ******* ****.

I really don't think they have a clue sometimes

Offline Darth Kenobi

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 24, 2004, 12:12 AM »
Like others here I thinks this is a piece of c*** poll that waste a chance for us to get a new never before seen figure.  For those who would say its a good idea because it gives people a chance to own these figures you can find them at resonable prices on ebay or else where.  I traded for R2 for some other figures that I had found that were htf and I bought Motti online for $20 or so at ToyPalace.  I actually figured through that Hasbro would eventually start doing this since alot of people talk about having them rerealse many of the HTF figures which they couldn't find and have to have but won't pay the secondary market price.  There are alot of things that people here have that I don't and I won't have them unless I buy them through the secondary market likw GG Bust or Kurbricks but you don't hear me saying those companies need to relase more of those items.
My 2cents.

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
« Reply #21 on: February 24, 2004, 01:13 AM »
Those figures should all be in the OTC anyway, except Han Trooper. What a complete waste of #6.
don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk

Offline CorranHorn

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I can't think of anything witty to say...
    • View Profile
    • The Power Of The Customizer
« Reply #22 on: February 24, 2004, 02:46 AM »
It's interesting that many people are hammering for many of these figs to be re-released yet everywhere people are complaining about this Fan Choice poll. Though Hasbro has made the precedent that the polls would be used for newer and obscure figures, they've never said it wouldn't be used in this manner. I think this particular poll is a way for Hasbro to answer the call for re-releasals of HTF figs as part of a OTC Line that is majorly re-hashes anyways. The interesting thing is the choice of figures....

* R2-D2 w/ Holo Leia, while this was a VHTF for many, they just recently released the Sail Barge R2 which is a far superior figure as well as the soon to be released HOF R2 which also has a better overall sculpt imo. 2 is enough for one year me thinks.

* Ree-Yees, well here's the alien of the bunch. Many people love to see these types of figs and I suspect this guy will end up with a lot of votes.

* Death Star Trooper, if he wins this will be his 2nd re-release as this guy was part of the unsuccessful Target Accessory line set. What we need here is an all new DST sculpt, not a re-hash of a re-hash of a crappy fig.

* Admiral Motti, my personal favorite of the lot, I'd vote for him if I bothered to register at hasbro's site. Great for fodder and an overall excellent imp officer.

* Stormtrooper Han, WTF??? Instead of having made the DS Screen scene a Walmart exclusive and having them be the ugliest figs on the planet, they wanna re-release the figs one at a time? BLAH all around there!

Thoughts?  ;)
Jason F.

- FFURG Admin
- Vintage Needs: Micro Collection Snowspeeder box and pilots, Micro Collection X-Wing pilot

SilverZ

« Reply #23 on: February 24, 2004, 03:04 AM »
I'm setting the Way-Back Machine to 1993 so I may proclaim this to be:

WHACK.

In fact, I won't even vote in this, just because this is about as low and insulting of an act they could have come up with. Tacky. Why bother asking our opinions on this after the fact of putting gems like Wicket and Xwing Luke into the OTC line?

For one, its obvious that R2 and Motti need to be repacked just because of scarcity the first time around. ReeYees became the first online pegwarmer once it hit the Wizards site. There's been plenty of chances for everyone to get the DST - and it's not even a sculpt competitive with today's figures. Trash Compactor Han? I guess that means there's a 0.0% chance of ever getting a decent neutral Stormtrooper Han from the looks of this.

I hate to rip into them after SO much great news in the last few weeks, but come on, please, treat us with a bit more respect than this. Honestly.

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
« Reply #24 on: February 24, 2004, 03:11 AM »
I might register to vote for Motti, because mine has a loose arm and I'd like to get another.

Whatever.
don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk

Offline Playgirl

• Jedi Initiate
  • Slice and DICE
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 24, 2004, 03:24 AM »
thats one of the better reasons for voting i guess.
« Last Edit: February 24, 2004, 03:24 AM by Playgirl »

Offline Darth Broem

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 24, 2004, 08:41 AM »
Well I have to chime in with my 2 cents.  I don't like the concept of having to vote for a rehash figure period.  That works better for new never before done figs in my opinion.  Hasbro should be able to figure out for themselves what old figs to put on cards.  They don't need a fan poll for this IMO.  Now if they want to go that way then  throw Jorg Sacul, Ephant Mon, Kitik Keed'kak, Admiral Motti, or Ree Yees into the poll.  Since basically those were made but quite hard for MOST people to find or acquire.  

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #27 on: February 24, 2004, 09:12 AM »
Lets make matters worse shall we...the Imperial Scanning Tech has now been added to the voting list

Offline Mikey D

• Jedi Knight
  • Lost soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 24, 2004, 09:22 AM »
Craptastic choices...

As others have already mentioned, these figures weren't that hard to track down and this is coming from someone who never saw any of them on the pegs (excluding the Imperial Scanning Trooper).  

I'm not one who buys re-hashes on new cards unless its a figure I don't already own, ie, MOTD Vader and Maul.  Since I already own all of these, I won't buy most of them.  The only only that is a possibility is the Imperial Scanner, as I wouldn't mind another to complete the "set", even if it's such a ****** figure.  

Common sense isn't so common

Offline proudfather2

• Jedi Initiate
  • Todd
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 24, 2004, 10:34 AM »
Let's see, DS Trooper got carded. Ree Yees got carded. Motti got carded. R2 w/ Holo Leia got carded. The choice is a no brainer for me. If they're gonna put out old figures anyway, at least they were kind enough to give us a choice with one of 'em. I voted for Stormy Han for the simple reason that we've never had a carded version in the modern line. It's about damn time we get one! Hopefully the OTC line will also see a Luke in Stromtrooper gear to compliment him. Hell, who are they kidding here, they'll release all of them again anyway.