Author Topic: Fan Choice's On Repacks  (Read 21140 times)

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
Re: Fan Choice #6
« Reply #30 on: February 24, 2004, 10:49 AM »
Ah,but now that you've voted for Stormie Han, they've added Imperial Scanning Crew Trooper - who has never been carded.

Do people who already voted get their votes back?  Or did they get the shaft again?!

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #31 on: February 24, 2004, 11:14 AM »
Oh Good God...

So now they're CHANGING the whole damn poll mid-way through voting?

WTF!?  Now that's stupidity squared.

I can say that, if it is the Scanning Tech from the Carrying case (which is what they list) I wouldn't vote for him.  I actually got that figure on clearance a couple times over at Wal-Mart, so I was lucky enough to get him, but I can also safely say that he's a pisspoor figure by today's standards.

I can't believe they'd RE-release that thing and not just cast an Imperial Officer in grey and pack in the blue box accessory.

I really am beginning to think the short busses last stop is at Hasbro's front door.  This year was shaping up to be nice, but they're killing it left and right now...

Limiting the Vintage Super Articulated figures...  This craptacular Fan's Choice Poll...  LACK of new figures for the latter part of the year (or so it seems right now)...  Re-Releases that make no sense sometimes, and others that would make sense getting passed over...

They nailed us with a great week leading up to Toy Fair, then they've done nothing but drop the ball since Toy Fair.  Maybe I'm alone in my assessment of them there, but I have a feeling a lot of people are feeling the same way right now.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: February 24, 2004, 01:07 PM »
I'm usually pretty supportive of hasbro when people complain about what they do - but I'm with you 100% here.

This has been a very disappointing two or three weeks - and is starting to look like it will be a fairly disappointing year.

SilverZ

« Reply #33 on: February 24, 2004, 02:43 PM »
So now they're CHANGING the whole damn poll mid-way through voting?

Now this is getting laughable stupid. Are they playing a joke? Did Hasbro have a contest we didn't know about? One of the "run Hasbro for a day" things? That's the only way to explain what's been going on there this week. It's as if a 5 year-old was running the show.

And this after what had to be the best outlook for the modern line in years? Way to go, Hasbro.  ::)

Posted by: Kneel Before Zod
This has been a very disappointing two or three weeks - and is starting to look like it will be a fairly disappointing year.

I'm still thrilled beyond belief with the OTC and V/OTC lineup for the year, even with limited releases, etc. So personally I'm not going to be disappointed with this year, but I have to agree, this poll sure lowered my expectations right back down.

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #34 on: February 24, 2004, 02:50 PM »
I really shouldn't complain, I look at the first half of 2004 as one of the greatest eras of Modern SW collecting of all time, the 3 Generals, R1-G4, Jabba, Dagobah Wave, Bespin Wave, all of it is awesome.  The VOTC is one of the greatest ideas to ever come out of Hasbro.  

This whole thing is souring me totally right now, as I pointed out over at RS, you can buy or trade for any of these at any message board or on eBay right now.  The rereleases do not bother me, I understand the logic and I applaud the effort to bring new collectors into the fold

The specialness of the FC poll though is now obliterated...this mornings blunder is even more infuriating.

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: February 24, 2004, 03:47 PM »
I LOVE the new packaging for the OTC, but am concerned with the abnormally high (even for Hasbro) number of repacks.  And the lack of announcements on actual new figures for the year.

I also LOVE the VOTC idea - but am not happy with the 10$ price (which I understand the reasons for) because I buy two of everything - so I'm looking at $240 plus tax on 12 figures.  And I'm also not happy with the idea that it will be such a limited release - making them (more than likely) difficult to find.

I'm also not thrilled about rereleasing more vintage era vehicles...I mean, I understand it's for nostalgia, but they've been using these molds for decades now.  This would have been the PERFECT time to fix the TIE Fighter and scale it's wings approrpriately, but instead we get the incorrect version, for the fourth time.

Then there was the failure (IMO) of the JMP auctions - and this perposterous fan choice 'poll.'

A few announcements confirming some of the fantastic figures that were on the rumor lists for the last few months would right the ship for me - but at the moment it looks like I'll be spending a fortune this year on 95% resculpts and repacks.  If this is the case, I'll just tone down the completist dial a bit
« Last Edit: February 24, 2004, 06:39 PM by Kneel Before Zod »

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: February 24, 2004, 06:06 PM »
I just don't understand Hasbro. They do something to get collectors happy, then do something else to upset them. >:(
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline Darby

• Jedi Knight
  • I'm not with that guy
    • View Profile
    • darbyharn.com
« Reply #37 on: February 24, 2004, 08:37 PM »
I can't say it any better than the rest of you.  Someone has really dropped the ball over there.

Offline Darby

• Jedi Knight
  • I'm not with that guy
    • View Profile
    • darbyharn.com
« Reply #38 on: February 25, 2004, 12:19 AM »
Imp. Scanning Tech Last Minute Candidacy: Hasbro Pulls A Nader.   ;)

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
« Reply #39 on: February 25, 2004, 12:33 AM »
Imp. Scanning Tech Last Minute Candidacy: Hasbro Pulls A Nader.   ;)

Brilliant!

I don't have a Scanning Crew Trooper, but I don't think it deserves to be carded in the vastly superior modern line. We have enough pegwarmers here; no need to make it worse.
don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk

Offline CorranHorn

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I can't think of anything witty to say...
    • View Profile
    • The Power Of The Customizer
« Reply #40 on: February 25, 2004, 03:47 AM »
I can't believe they'd RE-release that thing and not just cast an Imperial Officer in grey and pack in the blue box accessory.

Yeah but that's what we call common sense. You know hasbro doesn't have any of that.  :D

Well it looks like I was wrong, the community has changed its mind about getting these figures re-released and just hates this whole FC #6 poll. Lets just be careful though, too much complaining over this process and hasbro just may scrap the whole FC concept.
Jason F.

- FFURG Admin
- Vintage Needs: Micro Collection Snowspeeder box and pilots, Micro Collection X-Wing pilot

Offline Angry Ewok

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • The Ewok Village Idiot
    • View Profile
    • www.TowheeStudio.com
« Reply #41 on: February 25, 2004, 10:38 AM »
Please clarify -

Is Hasbro going to redo the winner? Or simply repack the old one on a new card? I don't see how they could possibly do this with the Scan Tech.

I want a Motti, ReeYees, DST, and Scan Tech... but I want a new sculpt. I may end up voting for Motti simply because the actor of Motti bought a life supply of the figures so he could pawn them off with his signature.

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: February 25, 2004, 10:52 AM »
Here's the latest results:

R2-D2 with holographic Princess Leia: 15%
Admiral Motti : 17%
Ree-Yees : 12%
Death Star Trooper : 7%
Han Solo in Stormtrooper Disguise (from 2001 Trash Compactor Scene Pack): 26%
Imperial Scanning Crew Trooper (from Millennium Falcon Carrying Case): 23%

Although I don't have the Imperial Scanning Crew Trooper, I guess I am a little surprised that it is doing so well.  The pictures I have seen of this figure haven't really impressed me, and it most definitely wouldn't "fit in" with the sculpting quality of the current figures...at least in my opinion.

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #43 on: February 25, 2004, 11:28 AM »
No resculpt, same old crap figures on new cards ::)

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: February 25, 2004, 12:50 PM »
I've had no problem getting any of those figures, but perhaps overpaid for the scanning tech.  

I currently have two loose and two carded Motti's, so  that would be disappointing, to say the least.  I've got two of everything except the tech.  

Weird thought processes going on...
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.