Author Topic: Fan Choice's On Repacks  (Read 21134 times)

Offline Mainland05

• Jedi Apprentice
  • inventing a time machine :)
    • View Profile
Re: Fan Choice's On Repacks
« Reply #60 on: March 4, 2004, 02:25 PM »
That is too bad.  I was really hoping that we could get a Han Solo (Stormtrooper Disguise), or R2-D2 (Holo Leia).  But oh well, I will still get this Imperial Scanning Crew Trooper.  Wonder if theis will be like Ephant Mon.  Is Captain Antilles hard to find at all?
Born & Raised Modesto Man. :)

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: March 4, 2004, 05:48 PM »
Who the heck rigged this poll? I would think that more people would want R2/Holo Leia or Stormtrooper Han than a Scanning trooper from the "buff" days. Ah well, another fig for me to pass on.
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #62 on: March 4, 2004, 08:10 PM »
That Han sucks, though, plain and simple.  VERY scene specific.  So scene specific that he wouldn't even look right without the base he comes with.

That's one figure I could do without on the pegs...  Bad from top to bottom.

On the issue of R2, while he was good at the time, the Bar2-D2 figure is invariably superior in every way.  Deco, sculpt, etc...  Even doesn't have the restraining bolt the R2 w/holo leia has.  I'm just as content not to see it re-released.

My gripe is Motti, the only figure on that list that DID ship in limited quantities (R2 w/holo leia did float out at clearance prices in good #'s, and the Han Stormie was in a pack that I hear most areas had in plentiful form).  Motti figures never really saw clearance, and I'd wager at the genuine lack of these in people's collections, coupled with the fact they didn't see clearance really, makes Motti a legitimately tough to find figure.  Rare, I would debate, since he's cheap enough on Ebay (Like $10 or so), but tough to get rings true.

Even the scanner tech saw clearance here, but mostly because the Wedge set clogged the shelf space...  

Motti though, he was one I never personally saw ANYWHERE and was just thankful to get 3 in a case I ordered.  I'd buy some more for custom fodder too, but with Ozzel coming I don't know how many more I'd buy of Motti, ya know?

Honestly, not a single choice on that poll was thrilling to me, but I'm not a proponent or champion for repacks galore.  My stores are glutting up with these assinine repacks, and no "newb" collectors appear to be picking them up in droves.  

Call me selfish, I don't care, but to me if you can't go to Ebay then you should probably just have to suck up doing without the figure...  I think repacks, as Hasbro's doing now, should be shipped in relatively limited quantities.

Ultimate figures, and GOOD (stressing the term, "good") army builder figures are the only repacks I really see as legitimately good ideas.  SA Clones, as an example of the best of both examples, would be a hot item at retail once again...  Re-releasing the Red Clone, however, would not.  
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

SilverZ

« Reply #63 on: March 5, 2004, 01:05 AM »
No surprise with those results. If you run with a sucky idea, you get sucky results. I'm not really entitled to complain since I didn't vote, but ugh, that figure was lame back in the day. It's just plain terrible now.

Makes me want to go on a Jay & Silent Bob style rampage and take all the inevitable pegwarming SCTs to the houses of those that voted for him, and shove them...

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #64 on: March 5, 2004, 12:00 PM »
And the winner appears to be the Scanning Tech, and that's without a day and a half worth of votes...I believe I have two of these bad boys already, they were sold separate from the cases at Toymaniacs...

Don't need anymore, thanks.  

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #65 on: March 5, 2004, 05:27 PM »
Oh, I'll take more of these...

But...

Only if they're utilizing the legs of the Saga TIE Pilot, body of the Imperial Officer figure, and new arms.  I don't care if they reuse the head or not.

Why, oh why, would Hasbro ever contemplate releasing this when this figure has a better sculpt.

Hell, I'd be happy if it was even just the Imp Officer in grey instead of black.  Not this thing.  This figure's gonna at least look funny on pegs next to new figures.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #66 on: October 6, 2004, 07:15 PM »
A just obtained this guy through a trade and it was sort of a throw in, he was offering it as a package deal so I took him up on it...

Horrible...just horrible that they rereleased this figure in this line.

Why the **** they didn't put a new head on the AT-ST suit is beyond asinine...sometimes I wonder who had the brain over there on the day decisions like this were made ::)

SilverZ

« Reply #67 on: October 6, 2004, 07:49 PM »
Well, the paint apps look 100 times better than before.  :-\

I don't even have the old one, it sucked so bad I just pretended it didn't exist. Now that I have the OTC sitting here, does he have a completley new head from the old one, or is it just really well painted? The old head looked like it was from a vintage figure.

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #68 on: October 6, 2004, 08:55 PM »
Its definitely a new head

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: October 6, 2004, 10:08 PM »
Body paintjob is REALLY good, but everything else about it sucks.
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #70 on: October 6, 2004, 11:11 PM »
I thought the heads looked the same, but the OTC one just looked INCREDIBLY better.  I know the hat looks nowhere near as crisp as the Imperial Officer variant figures though.  I thought it was the same head then just painted better.  God knows that would've taken no effort considering the original scanner tech had 2 black dots for eyes basically.  :)

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #71 on: October 6, 2004, 11:16 PM »
By gosh it is the same head, the new paint apps are the thing that threw me

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #72 on: October 6, 2004, 11:17 PM »
That good?  :)  Still, I like my techs to take their anabolic Steroid tests regularly.  This guy somehow avoided the pee test.

Offline Mikey D

• Jedi Knight
  • Lost soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: October 7, 2004, 08:13 AM »
I picked up a Scanning trooper recently.  What good is one?  As for the beefcake body - well those boxes can't be light.  Agreed it's not the best fig in the world, but won't look to bad in the background of dioramas.
Common sense isn't so common