Author Topic: How insane (or not) does your Holiday shopping get?  (Read 2726 times)

Offline jokabofe

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
Re: How insane (or not) does your Holiday shopping get?
« Reply #15 on: December 11, 2004, 11:56 PM »
So I went out Christmas tree shopping tonight, even though it doesn't feel like Christmas yet (it was close to 50 degrees today... yeah, yeah, yeah, I know California... shuddup) but I went anyway.

So I'm looking around this place, and they have some of the largest trees I've seen in a long time. Some of them had to be 10 feet tall. I find one that's pretty good, a little taller than me (and I'm right about 6 feet tall) so I'm like "perfect". And, it's only $45, not bad.

So I take it home (and if you want to see something funny, imagine seeing someone driving down the street in a little Nissan 240SX - now featuring no muffler since it fell off a few days ago, but that's a story in itself - with a 6 foot + Christmas tree tied to the roof) and set it up. And now I know why it was only $45 - it's crooked. Not the entire thing, mind you - just the top. It is straight all the way up to the top, and then the top of it juts off to one side. Kinda like this:

\
 \
  \
   \
    \
     |
     |
     |
     |
     |
     |
     |
     |
     |
     |
     |
     |
     |

Not as bad as the Charlie Brown tree, but damn close  >:(

Offline CorranHorn

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I can't think of anything witty to say...
    • View Profile
    • The Power Of The Customizer
Re: How insane (or not) does your Holiday shopping get?
« Reply #16 on: December 13, 2004, 03:26 AM »
So I take it home (and if you want to see something funny, imagine seeing someone driving down the street in a little Nissan 240SX - now featuring no muffler since it fell off a few days ago, but that's a story in itself - with a 6 foot + Christmas tree tied to the roof) and set it up.

Hahaha Dave, the visual on that is just priceless!

My holiday shopping was done 2 months ago, I only have my parents to deal with in terms of giving gifts so I got them what they wanted months ago. I hate holiday shoppers, went into Target today to get some essential household **** that couldn't wait until monday and damn was the place a war zone! Anyways, the only other giving I plan to do is drop a couple of things in a Toys for Tots box at the office later this week, but that's going to be some unopened SW figs.
Jason F.

- FFURG Admin
- Vintage Needs: Micro Collection Snowspeeder box and pilots, Micro Collection X-Wing pilot