Author Topic: New York - Toy Fair 2004  (Read 18643 times)

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
Re: New York - Toy Fair 2004
« Reply #60 on: February 19, 2004, 12:14 AM »
Yeah, Nick definitely makes a good point about the vast # of rehashes in 2004 freeing up the developmental teams to work on E3 dilligently.

A good thing to think of too is that it's the last film as far as anyone knows.  Could theoretically be the line's last big push and it's likely the company's not overlooking this fact, so it may have extra umph to it.  Plus whatever alterations and adjustments needed to be made after the lessons learned from the E2 line and things...  It seems every film's been a "learning experience" for Hasbro as they've come and gone.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Darby

• Jedi Knight
  • I'm not with that guy
    • View Profile
    • darbyharn.com
« Reply #61 on: February 19, 2004, 01:14 AM »
Good points.  I'd like to see an all out effort on EP3, not that the last two launches haven't been 'all out.'  Just in terms of the world class sculpting, articulation, and selection we're getting now.

Offline Snively Bandar

• Jedi Initiate
  • Hug a llama today!
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: February 27, 2004, 05:29 AM »
I guess I really didn't miss too much while I was away.  Nothing much shown at Toy Fair that hadn't previously been or covered elsewhere, other than the carded vintage Luke.  Rather disappointing showing from Hasbro in that respect.  I assume no one's heard anything to the effect of them running another "Star Wars only" showing like last year?  That would be nice if they could spill the beans a little more on 4Q'04, or discuss their plans a little more leading up to Ep. 3, and the possibility that the OTC line may continue on up through that point at least.  Oh well.   :-\