Author Topic: Hasbro Toy Fair Questions and Answers  (Read 3025 times)

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Hasbro Toy Fair Questions and Answers
« on: February 27, 2004, 12:04 PM »
I posted this with a comment about the vintage figures in another thread, but thought more people might see it here.  Hasbro has posted a "Q and A" at their site, although it is somewhat brief.  You can check it out here:

Hasbro Toy Fair Q and A

Offline Jim

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
Re: Hasbro Toy Fair Questions and Answers
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2004, 01:45 PM »
I knew all along that the Stormtrooper would be one of the 12 figs >:(  All I can say is that us army builders are screwed. ???

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2004, 02:11 PM »
Curses. Watch the Stormtrooper be the greatest incarnation of that character ever.
don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2004, 03:21 PM »
Good news on them "revising" the Fan Choice Poll.

Bad news on the Stormtrooper (rather than the Emperor), but like I've said elsewhere, I think he'll see a greater release recarded into the regular line later on, so I'm not too worried about it just yet (from an army building standpoint, that is).

The X-Wing and Tie Fighter sound like they'll suck, and it definitely doesn't sound like the Tie with "new wings".

Dagobah Luke's extra arms and noggin will indeed be included as "accessories" within the figure's bubble.

But the biggest revelation I see coming out of their Q & A today is that there will indeed be Prequel items in this line, just not with the "OTC" insert, but rather on the Silver and Black cardback.

Good update from Hasbro though.  Restored a little faith with that one, and made up a little bit for their lack of doing any type of Q & A at Toy Fair...   8)

SilverZ

« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2004, 03:37 PM »
Hahah, damage control. That's a fine wrap-up to a week of turmoil. Hasbro's marketing team should consider standup comedy.

"Oh, we didn't mean it was a Fan's Choice poll, it was an editing error. Our bad. Really, we don't have time for a real poll. We thought we could sneak it in there and you guys would be happy to lap up figures we did a rubbish job of distibuting the first go-round. Our bad, again."

"You mean, are these rehashed vehicles? Oh, no, of course not. We've made plenty of revisions to make them cheaper and less authentic, becuase we know there will be lots of new customers who have seen the movies on DVD, and need some cheap toys. We got mouths to feed here, people. What do you want from us?"

"The third wave of V/OTC will include a super-articulated, improved deco Stormtrooper. Oh, don't worry, it will be available at Walmart, Target, and TRU, in multiple ratios*"

*by multiple ratios, we mean that on a good day, you'll probably see 20 Ack Med Beck and 1 Stormtrooper, or maybe 100 recarded Baris Offee and 0 Stormtrooper, or most likely, 30 OTC recarded Wickets and 15 pegwarming V/OTC Luke and 0 Stormtrooper. Don't worry about it!

So I'm being really negative, but at least they did clear the air and react to a lot of concerning issues. It shows they're listening and thats great.

Offline Darby

• Jedi Knight
  • I'm not with that guy
    • View Profile
    • darbyharn.com
« Reply #5 on: February 27, 2004, 05:12 PM »
Dagobah Luke/Yoda: Good news.

VOTC Stormtrooper: Well.  OK.  Like JediMace, I hope they repack this, because I'm not buying it.  Nor will I ever see it in the stores.

Fan's Choice #6 / We Were Just Kidding: Whatever.  "An editing mistake?" Sigh.

Sounds like I'm buying seven figures between June and December.  Wow.