Author Topic: What actress could portray Mara Jade?  (Read 21015 times)

Offline CorranHorn

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I can't think of anything witty to say...
    • View Profile
    • The Power Of The Customizer
What actress could portray Mara Jade?
« on: February 29, 2004, 02:47 AM »
The other night in the FFURG chatroom several people and I were discussing what actresses could be good fits to play the role of Mara Jade if sequels to the OT were ever done and they were based on the established EU. It was an interesting discussion and I thought I'd try to get a wider scope of a view on the thought. Got to keep in mind that the actress should be someone who if she isn't a natural redhead would look the part of a redhead like Mara who looks very similar to a typical Irish woman (don't go thinking I'm being stereotypical with that statement, I've got a bit of Irish in me  :D).

Some suggestions I heard were:
Monica Belucci, Angelina Jolie,  and Nikki Cox.

The first two didn't seem like they would be a visual match for Mara with a dye job, and Nikki Cox just seems to flighty to me to be in an action role that would be typical for Mara.

My choice was Charlize Theron, she has both the look and the presence to pull the role off and if you have ever seen her as a redhead, all I can say good gawd almighty!  ;D

So what do you think, if we were to be blessed with EU-based Episodes 7 thru 9 what actress could easily fit the role of Mara Jade?
Jason F.

- FFURG Admin
- Vintage Needs: Micro Collection Snowspeeder box and pilots, Micro Collection X-Wing pilot

Offline jokabofe

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
Re: What actress could portray Mara Jade?
« Reply #1 on: February 29, 2004, 03:48 PM »
how about jennifer garner? she might fit the bill pretty well...

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #2 on: March 1, 2004, 06:43 PM »
Uh... How 'bout Shannon Baska?!   :P  Or is she not technically an "actress".  She's who we're all accustomed to, so if she's not an actress, then sign her up for some acting lessons and stick her in there.  She couldn't be worse than a lot of the other Star Wars actors/actresses, could she?   ;)

The Jennifer Garner suggestion is a decent one too, but I'd be afraid that she'd tower of Luke, and look like she could kick his ass too...

Offline Reconsgt

• Jedi Apprentice
  • De Oppresso Liber
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 4, 2004, 10:32 AM »
you know Matt I always thought Shannon Baska was a little to anorexic looking to be Mara Jade. I envision someone a little more athletic looking. Along the lines of Dina Meyer.

Wayne Roberts or you can call me Sarge

Offline jadesfire

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2004, 06:08 PM »
I like Famke Janssen or Sandra Bullock.
Both would do a good job with Famke having a slight edge as she was so good in Golden Eye and X-men, kind of a hint of Mara in both moives.

Beth

Offline sputnik

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 14, 2004, 09:32 PM »
gotta say angie everhart...
she's already got the red hair

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 18, 2004, 12:04 AM »
Ashley Judd!

No, wait, Charlize Theron!

Hrmmmm...is there a difference?
This is what happens when you invade Wakanda

Offline jkno

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Last Edit: March 31, 2004, 06:03 AM by jkno »

Offline JasperFett

• Youngling
  • I am a mighty mandalorian
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 5, 2004, 02:52 AM »
Well, I kind of like Debra Messing, the girl who played Oracle in the Bird's Of Prey tv show.

Offline CorranHorn

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I can't think of anything witty to say...
    • View Profile
    • The Power Of The Customizer
« Reply #9 on: September 29, 2004, 01:25 AM »
ya know i had totally forgotten about this thread, but I'll go thru and reply to the suggestions.

Jennifer Garner: I agree with Matt, that she would look too tall and powerful compared to Luke, but she did do the trick in Daredevil and there she had the most beautiful eyes.

Shannon Baska: of course she is Mara Jade from a visual standpoint, but I've not heard of anything she has done to suggest she could perform the role.

Dina Meyer: don't know her.

Famke Janssen: My favorite suggestion, her work as Jean Grey in the first 2 X-Men movies would make her a perfect fit for the role as Mara Jade. She's already got the SciFi down and she's got a killer body.

Sandra Bullock: while cute, is a little too goofy in my eyes to play the serious role of Mara

Angie Everheart: Definitely looks like Mara, but is a horrible actress. The only good performance I've seen from her is a sex scene.

Ashley Judd: I actually think she'd play a better Princess Leia than Mara. Definitely a beautiful woman and accomplished actress, just not what I think when I think of Mara.

Debra Messing: Wasn't she one of the Tool time girls? If so she could work, though I recall her being kind ditzy.
« Last Edit: September 29, 2004, 01:26 AM by CorranHorn »
Jason F.

- FFURG Admin
- Vintage Needs: Micro Collection Snowspeeder box and pilots, Micro Collection X-Wing pilot

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 29, 2004, 08:33 PM »
Bridget Fonda.
This is what happens when you invade Wakanda

Offline Taminar

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
    • Auriette's Website
« Reply #11 on: March 11, 2005, 10:42 AM »
The first name that came to my mind was Nicole Kidman. Maybe it's just the red hair....

When a lottery ticket worth $320 million ends up in the wrong hands, who wins in the end? Watch "Payoff" -- http://members.cox.net/payoff

Offline Tijuanajedi

• Jedi Initiate
  • Ay Chichona!!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 4, 2005, 05:35 AM »
Salma Hayek or Thalia.

Just excuse the accent.

Offline Dimetrodon

• Jedi Padawan
  • Gort
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 14, 2005, 02:38 AM »
Uh... How 'bout Shannon Baska?!   :P  Or is she not technically an "actress".  She's who we're all accustomed to, so if she's not an actress, then sign her up for some acting lessons and stick her in there.  She couldn't be worse than a lot of the other Star Wars actors/actresses, could she?   ;)

The Jennifer Garner suggestion is a decent one too, but I'd be afraid that she'd tower of Luke, and look like she could kick his ass too...

she is mara jade, hands down.

Offline Hemish

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Blah
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 1, 2005, 02:28 AM »
Excuse the dumbness of this question, but i've always wanted to know how this cick became Mara?
Its always bugged me, because you see her name at cons and people line up to get her autograph and take photos with her, but she hasnt done anything other than take a few publicity photos of the Mara character?
How did this come to be??
The problem with America is stupidity I'm not saying there should be a capital punishment for stupidity, but why don't we just take the safety labels off of everything and let the problem solve itself