Author Topic: The Official Fast Food Thread!  (Read 17951 times)

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
Re: The Official Fast Food Thread!
« Reply #60 on: March 24, 2005, 05:03 PM »
Anyone smell lawsuit?

Nope, just fried finger.
« Last Edit: March 24, 2005, 05:04 PM by Jesse James »
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline John C

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: March 24, 2005, 10:02 PM »
Any Twin Cities Arby's fans need to check out Maverick's Roast Beef in Roseville.  It's near the Old Mexico on Lexington.  It's the way Arby's should be IMO.  They use good roast beef. 
What are some favorite fast food taco places?  In Mpls/St Paul the choices are Taco Bell, Taco Johns, Chipotle and Zantigo.  I'd like to visit a Del Taco sometime.  My favorites are Chipotle and Zantigo.  They both use fresh ingredients that don't make me sick afterwards.  Chipotle has some of the best guacamole I've ever had and I could eat their fajita burritos every day.  Zantigo is way better than running for the toilet, I mean border.  I used to go there several times a week when I went to Lakewood/Century College.  They have good tacos and burritos. 

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #62 on: March 24, 2005, 11:29 PM »
I love Zantigo, I go there for lunch every now and then (the one in Mahtomedi)  Remember when they were the Mexican Fast Food place in town and Taco Bell was an a distant second?  Its too bad their empire crumbled like it did, but they are vastly superior to Taco Bell

And Twin Citians ate at a Boca Chica?  I have been told they are the best, I haven't but there is one on White Bear north of Larpentuer and I've been meaning to go there

Chipotle is probably my favorite spot for Fast Food, can't be beat at all IMO (sorry to Matt C and Qboda :P)

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #63 on: March 25, 2005, 12:25 AM »
I found a 2nd "Rax" out here.  I'm amazed.  We have 2, both in rather obscure out of the way places.  Neither close to me though unfortunately.  :(  I used to love Rax...  And Hardees too, which last I knew only one was left here, down in a part of the city off the beaten path.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #64 on: March 25, 2005, 12:27 AM »
Hardees was big here too for a long time and died for the most part.  Some small towns still have them but most of the ones in the cities are dead

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #65 on: March 25, 2005, 01:36 AM »
When I was a wee nipper, we had at least 6 Hardees within the realm of my travels...  Limited as they were.

Rax was huge here too.  There were probably more of those, and I really miss them.  Used to get an Uncle Alligator meal with a Turkey sandwich (which you weren't supposed to get), that the girls made for me special after my mom would pick me up from Kindergarten.  Loved those trips.

Here's something odd going on in my area, and perhaps you're experiencing this too Scott, or the rest maybe are noticing this...  Are your Burger King joints disappearing?  I can only think of 2 near me when there were at one point 6 or 7 I could name off the top of my head.

And now we get commercial upon commercial for , "Ihop", Steak & Shake (Though I know of 2 in my area, and one coming to the new mall opening here out in the boonies where I live), and "Sonic" as well.

We have absolutely NONE of those restaurants except S&S which is almost a novelty here since there's one out at a big development west of the city near the Airport, and one at a big development on the Monongehelia River...  That's it.  People actually treat S&S here like it's fine dining because it's such a rare place around here.

Those others though are non-existant in the Pittsburgh area.  Not a one of them exists, and yet they taunt us with commercials relentlessly.  They make me wanna run out and get that nice looking food, and yet I'm left wanting.  *sigh*

Offline Paul

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: March 25, 2005, 08:48 AM »
And now we get commercial upon commercial for , "Ihop", Steak & Shake (Though I know of 2 in my area, and one coming to the new mall opening here out in the boonies where I live), and "Sonic" as well.

Those others though are non-existant in the Pittsburgh area.  Not a one of them exists, and yet they taunt us with commercials relentlessly.  They make me wanna run out and get that nice looking food, and yet I'm left wanting.  *sigh*

If you ever get a SONIC you will be blessed.  Sonic is my "Mothership".  They are very big here in Texas and have basically choked out the DQ's in the Small rural areas.  But don't be fooled they are Nothing like DQ...Sonic is actually good food. 

They use the "Pellet" Ice too.  Ok, I have to get a Route 44 Coke (perhaps with Vanilla) on the way to the office now...thanks alot!!!

Offline Darth Broem

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: March 25, 2005, 08:52 AM »
My wife inspects restaurants among other things for the Health Department.  I am guessing that finger in the food would be a 20 point deduction :)

Offline Famine

• Noderator
  • Jedi Master
  • Who watches The Famine?
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: March 25, 2005, 09:14 AM »
I start work in a resturant today so I am sure I will see several things some would consider to be unnatural. :D

And oh god, how I love Sonics.

I wish my town was blessed with the greatest fast food joint ever created.

Kevin
The picture kept, will remind me...

Offline John C

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: March 25, 2005, 11:19 AM »
I've been to the Boca Chica Taco House on Concord.  I wasn't too impressed.  I forgot to mention the new Pineda's in West St Paul which is on Robert Street in what used to be an Ember's.  They were pretty good, but nothing beats Chipotle IMO. 
My favorite sub place has to be Milio's/Big Mikes.  They have fresh ingredients and their bread is some of the best around.  Unfortunately, they don't have any places in the St Paul area and I dislike going to Minneapolis unless I have to.  Jimmy Johns is close in quality, so I can settle for their food without a problem.

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #70 on: March 25, 2005, 11:38 AM »
Ooh, Big Mike's was one of my favorites whilst at the U.  Big Mike's, Big Ten and Erbert's and Gerbert's.  They had some good sandwhich shoppes down there.  I've never been to the Jimmy Johns but I have heard good things

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #71 on: March 25, 2005, 04:13 PM »
Officials said the fingertip was approximately 1 3-8-inches long and a half-inch piece of fingernail was also found. They believe it belongs to a woman because of the long, manicured nail.

I guess they released a picture of the "finger parts":

gross...
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
  • Bouncy! Bouncy! I'm An Insane Kubrickaholic!™
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: March 25, 2005, 04:36 PM »
Yummy! 

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: March 25, 2005, 07:40 PM »
Is it just me, or does that one on the right look like a penis?
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline John C

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: March 25, 2005, 08:47 PM »
Yeah, it looks like the John Bobbitt evidence photo.