Author Topic: Movies You Want To See Happen  (Read 4533 times)

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
Re: Movies You Want To See Happen
« Reply #15 on: March 4, 2004, 04:53 PM »
[nerd]I really want to see a well done movie of Theodore Roosevelt[/nerd]  He's one guy I've really come to admire and I think him cavorting through North Dakota, Texas, Cuba and the White House would make a great story and show the American Public what an awesome American he truly was

SilverZ

« Reply #16 on: March 4, 2004, 05:14 PM »
Ah, Nataku's Ep 7,8,9 just reminded me of something... did anyone else read the rumors several weeks back that some prequel actors, like Peter Mahew, had signed on for additional Lucasfilm work in the future? Some were speculating that it was in fact 7,8,9.

My own theory is this: After EIII, George Lucas intends to release control of the SW universe and allow it to become a serial series. It would NOT be sequels in the Saga proper, but peripheral stories, much like the books do now. In some way, the Clone Wars cartoon is the first experiment with this. This would allow one-off movies and be handled by other directors, produced by George Lucas. Finally other directors, like Steven Speilberg, could explore stories and characters within the structure of Star Wars universe.

That way we could get a Boba Fett movie and just about anything else imaginable while still preserving the GL series as the "core" storyline.

A fanboy can dream, right?

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #17 on: March 4, 2004, 07:40 PM »
Some good ideas in here.  I wholeheartedly agree with the folks who have mentioned The Hobbit.  Definitely tops on my list now.  I'm sure Peter Jackson will hop on that project when King Kong's all wrapped up.  Ian's already said he wants in, so if they can just get Andy Serkis and Bilbo back, they should be in good shape!

It'll have a much different feel than the LOTR trilogy though, simply due to the fact that it's a much faster paced, action oriented story.  I know it's by far a much easier read than the LOTR books are.  I read the Hobbit several times as a kid, but wasn't able to make it through LOTR 'til I was in college.  It'll still be a great prequel to LOTR though.  Can't wait!  Just hope that Ian can hold out for that long...

Not sure how I feel about another SW trilogy, after the Prequels which have disappointed the hell out of me.  I suppose I'd still be for it anyway.  What the hell!  Give me 7, 8 and 9!  I've got THOUSANDS of bucks just ready for even MORE carded and loose action figures...  I'm sure I'll have a gigantic mansion by then too, to house the never ending collection.

Offline Vator

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 4, 2004, 07:44 PM »
I'd love to have a good World War One movie actually. Or one about the Great White Fleet.

I don't know the public dosen't care about that time period sadly.  :(
- June 22, 2004 12:13 AM -

Offline Famine

• Noderator
  • Jedi Master
  • Who watches The Famine?
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 4, 2004, 09:08 PM »
I would love to see a newer version of:

Huck Finn
Moby Dick

I would love to see a Smallvile movie.

Or a movie where Angel and Buffy come back together.

Hooha!

Kevin
The picture kept, will remind me...

Offline Darth Kenobi

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 4, 2004, 10:10 PM »
Some movies I would like to see made:
Last Full Masure (would finsih the Gettysburg/God and General series)
Tom Clancy Novels into movies (I think the second to last Jack Ryan one there won't do due to sept 11.)
The Hobbit
Eventually in a few years (10 or so) stories about the Sept. 11 attacks

Thats it for now.

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
« Reply #21 on: March 5, 2004, 02:02 AM »
-Star Wars 7,8,9....
-The Hobbit
-Buffy & Angel, or maybe Buffy Vs. Angel, since he heads up Wolfram and Hart now and the Scoobies don't play dat.
-Evil Dead 4
-A new Civil War movie. Glory is a good flick, but I'd love to see what modern technology could do for the subject.
-Fantastic Four
don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #22 on: March 5, 2004, 02:11 AM »
-A new Civil War movie. Glory is a good flick, but I'd love to see what modern technology could do for the subject.

What, you didn't love Gods and Generals, Ben?!   :P

I'm down for a good Civil War and WWI flick myself, along the lines of Saving Private Ryan...   8)
« Last Edit: March 5, 2004, 02:12 AM by JediMAC »

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #23 on: March 5, 2004, 10:32 AM »
 I read an article in the recent [nerd]Chemical Engineering[/nerd] magazine about Fritz Haber who was in charge of the chemical warfare for Germany in WWI.  He also was responsible for delevoping commercial fertilizers for crops for which he won the Nobel Prize.  So on one hand he was killing thousands of people and on the other hand allowed the world population to balloon by the billions!  He was also Jewish, which meant when a certain dictator came to power (and the poison gases he developed were one of the things used in the Holocaust)  he had to leave Germany and he died a short time later.  I think his life would be an awesome movie

Pretty interesting subject...anyone ever seen All Quiet On The Western Front?  I can just picture a scene where the Doughboys are in the trenches caked in mud and mustard gas starts creeping across the battle field, the results of which would make the opening of SPR seem tame in comparison methinks
« Last Edit: March 5, 2004, 10:48 AM by OCB »

Offline Jim

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 5, 2004, 10:46 AM »
Would also love to see a movie based on the tragic events of the USS Indianapolis in 1945.  It was once rumored that Mel Gibson was going to direct and star at one point.  

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
« Reply #25 on: March 5, 2004, 01:45 PM »

I'm down for a good Civil War and WWI flick myself, along the lines of Saving Private Ryan...   8)

Jeez, I must have missed that one. Guess I have something to do this weekend after all. Thanks!!
don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk

Offline Darth Kenobi

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 5, 2004, 01:47 PM »

I liked God and Generals but looking at it now wish it was released on television like Gettysburg was.  I wish there were a few more civil war and for that matter Revoulatary war movies made with today techology.

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #27 on: March 5, 2004, 02:06 PM »
Jeez, I must have missed that one. Guess I have something to do this weekend after all. Thanks!!

Ack!  Wait a sec Ben!  I was kind of kidding about that, thus the  :P.  Most people considered that movie to be HORRENDOUS.  It's almost 4 hours long (there was an actual INTERMISSION in the movie theaters  :o), and it's an extremely painful viewing experience throughout most of it - produced by Ted Turner BTW.  It's got very little actual battle footage if that's what you're into.  It's more like a biography of Stonewall Jackson to be honest, including everything from him singing poetry in the moonlight, to talking for 15 minutes with a young girl.  It's painful, I tell ya'!

But if you're a big war movie or Civil War buff, and really don't have anything else to do this weekend, then go for it.  But don't say I didn't warn ya'!   ;)