Author Topic: Take Any Pills?  (Read 1666 times)

Offline Famine

  • Noderator
  • Jedi Master
  • *
  • Posts: 5050
  • Who watches The Famine?
    • View Profile
Re: Take Any Pills?
« Reply #15 on: May 15, 2004, 09:16 PM »
Latley...ibuprofen.

I have a sore throat, and it seems to be the only thing that helps the pain aspect of it.

The coughing on the other hand... :-\



Kevin
The picture kept, will remind me...

Offline Scott

  • Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • *
  • Posts: 18218
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
Re: Take Any Pills?
« Reply #16 on: May 18, 2004, 11:51 AM »
I hoarded my Vicodin to the point where I have 5 or 6 left.  Might come in handy someday to sell on eBay in case I have some severe back pain or something

Offline stormie

  • Jedi Padawan
  • *
  • Posts: 630
  • MBW/NGW/CMW
    • View Profile
Re: Take Any Pills?
« Reply #17 on: May 18, 2004, 12:06 PM »
I hoarded my Vicodin to the point where I have 5 or 6 left.  Might come in handy someday to sell on eBay in case I have some severe back pain or something
Ha! I do the same thing. I've still got about 20 or so left and also have some liquid codeine. Whenever I have a cold and am feeling awful, a vicodin takes away the achiness and really helps me sleep. The liquid codeine has come in handy also for coughs and sore throats. There should be a way to get mini-prescriptions for this stuff for those one or two times a year when colds/flu really knock the wind out of me.
standing by the Lake of Gennesaret
walking along the Sea of Galilee

Cancer, indeed, sucks.

Offline Darth Kenobi

  • Jedi Apprentice
  • *
  • Posts: 1280
    • View Profile
Re: Take Any Pills?
« Reply #18 on: May 18, 2004, 01:12 PM »
I don't take any pills now but had to have Vicodin when  I someone else broke my hand.  I took one the first day I got them and it was the last one I took since it made me sick to my stomach.  I decided that the pain would be better then having to go through being sick especially since I was working with this broken hand for a few months without knowing it.

Offline Dressel Rebel

  • Jedi General
  • *
  • Posts: 8416
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
Re: Take Any Pills?
« Reply #19 on: May 19, 2004, 02:30 AM »
I jsut wish that the Excedrine Migraine would help with the nausea that comes with some migraines.

Geez, that sounds pretty bad.  Did you know that 70% of all migraines originate in the TMJs?  Believe it or not, a TMJ dental specialist in all likelihood will be able to definitively treat you for this.  Unless you're in the 30% that has some other origin.  Tell your dentist about these headaches at your next visit, see what he/she says.
This is what happens when you invade Wakanda

Offline MisterPL

  • Jedi Padawan
  • *
  • Posts: 732
  • Sarcastic instigator at large.
    • View Profile
Re: Take Any Pills?
« Reply #20 on: May 19, 2004, 11:28 AM »
Aspirin. And I don't even like taking that.

I had some serious pain meds for when I broke my leg in three places a few years ago (the kind of meds pharmacies won't refill on weekends because they're considered "party drugs" :o ), but I didn't like taking them. I preferred to know how I was really doing rather than feeling no pain and causing even more injury.

Anyone need a bottle?  8)
Post sober.

Offline Sith Lord Cosmo

  • Jedi Initiate
  • *
  • Posts: 110
  • Detroit, WHAT?!
    • View Profile
Re: Take Any Pills?
« Reply #21 on: May 19, 2004, 05:28 PM »
Sounds like we've got a bunch of people here that are hopped up on goofballs.

I take Advil once in a while if I get a headache, but that's pretty rare.  Back when I played lacrosse taking 800mg of Advil was my post-game ritual, but otherwise I hate taking medicine unless I have to
Hotter than Bond.  Cooler than Bullitt

Offline LandotheScoundrel

  • Jedi Apprentice
  • *
  • Posts: 1951
  • Now with winning smile!
    • View Profile
    • Politis Design
Re: Take Any Pills?
« Reply #22 on: May 20, 2004, 01:33 PM »
Anyone need a bottle?  8)

I'm sure they're expired by now.

While its not a pill, I do take a twice daily Flovent inhaler for asthma. I hate having something that I have to have with me all the time, but its better than not breathing...because I know that sucks.
-------------------------------------------------
"Why you slimy, double-crossin' no-good swindler!"

www.politisdesign.com

Offline SPIDERLEGS

  • Jedi Initiate
  • *
  • Posts: 269
  • Hear me, baby, hold together...
    • View Profile
    • SPIDERLEGSdotNET
Re: Take Any Pills?
« Reply #23 on: May 20, 2004, 09:28 PM »
The only upside to having a root canal is the amount of Vicodin they prescribe for you. Ahhhh, the greatness of vicodin..!

Offline Pistol Pete

  • Youngling
  • *
  • Posts: 97
  • Maul
    • View Profile
Re: Take Any Pills?
« Reply #24 on: May 24, 2004, 10:52 AM »
High Blood Pressure medication  :'(
Bang Bang

Offline Xander

  • Jedi Initiate
  • *
  • Posts: 267
  • She-mantis, Ampata, Anya…a true demon magnet
    • View Profile
Re: Take Any Pills?
« Reply #25 on: May 24, 2004, 01:45 PM »


While its not a pill, I do take a twice daily Flovent inhaler for asthma. I hate having something that I have to have with me all the time, but its better than not breathing...because I know that sucks.

I started this recently, and I've had pretty good results.  Now I don't hit the Albuterol inhaler every 4 hours like I was doing.  My asthma has always come and gone, so that for years I didn't need anything, but now I have to have an inhaler with me all the time.  It makes it a b*tch to exercise, because even before I get hot or sweaty, I can't breathe.  And forget running outside, I couldn't even last a quarter mile.

Also, I would take Allegra, but insurance won't cover it now because there is a similiar over the counter medicine.  Unfortunately, it is drastically inferior to Allegra, and I can't even notice any effects.  

Offline Dengar

  • Youngling
  • *
  • Posts: 91
  • Vintage Rules
    • View Profile
Re: Take Any Pills?
« Reply #26 on: May 26, 2004, 11:32 PM »
I take 20 MG of Lexapro, it makes me slightly happier.