Author Topic: Something I need to get off my chest...  (Read 2107 times)

Offline jjks

• Jedi Padawan
  • Belligerent as hell
    • View Profile
Something I need to get off my chest...
« on: March 2, 2004, 04:32 AM »
...I only post here in the Junk Yard, I have absolutely nothing to discuss or add to any of the actual Star Wars related threads, hope that doesn't tick off any of the staff here.

I still collect SW, but I think I ran out of things to talk about SW related two years ago. Do I have to leave now, or am I allowed to hang out still?

Offline Rob L

• Jedi Initiate
  • Timelord
    • View Profile
Re: Something I need to get off my chest...
« Reply #1 on: March 2, 2004, 08:26 AM »
I think you need to delete yourself immediately  :o
Palitoy...it ain't yellow :)

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
  • Bouncy! Bouncy! I'm An Insane Kubrickaholic!™
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 2, 2004, 08:47 AM »
I think you need to delete yourself immediately  :o

A professional are you!    ;D

You can post wherever you want!  ;)

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #3 on: March 2, 2004, 09:27 AM »
jjks, anyone who is brave enough to use a Darth Maul beach towel as a curtain is more than welcome to continue posting here.  Unless this "curtain" has been replaced in recent years :-\

Offline MisterPL

• Jedi Padawan
  • Sarcastic instigator at large.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 2, 2004, 09:50 AM »
It's time for some serious introspection on your part, jjks! Ask yourself, "Why am I here?" Is it merely out of habit? Or is it because you just want to hang out with your friends and talk about stuph?

Are you hesitant to join a non-Star Wars board for fear of being rejected for your toy-collecting ways? Or are you just comfortable and content with the people you already know here?

Does your Star Wars collection define so much of you that you have trouble making friends OUTSIDE this community? Are we just a safety blanket for your self-esteem?

I can understand your apprehension, but it's a big world out there. I belong to a couple sites that specifically don't cater to geeky fanboys like myself, but I managed to fit in anyway. It's refreshing to get an unpredictable response once in a while. Sure, I still come to the toy boards, but when I want to discuss things like "How to kill a Pit Bull with your bare hands," I don't stop with my Star Wars buds, I ask around.

I'm not sayin' you should leave, of course, I'm just sayin' if Star Wars isn't all that's on your mind, you might want to explore the internet beyond the demographic that's so predominant in this neck of the woods. You might like it.  :)
Post sober.

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #5 on: March 2, 2004, 11:03 AM »
Do I have to leave now, or am I allowed to hang out still?

No.  You and Virex will both be banned shortly for this.  Thanks for visiting though!   :-*

P.S.  Anything you're looking to trade your towel for?

Offline Matt

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Lobot's Duplex
« Reply #6 on: March 2, 2004, 12:16 PM »
Man, it's a good thing that guy who's throwing a fit about Wuher's-only posters over at Rebelscum isn't a mod or anything over here at JD, or else I would have been banned months ago!

. . .Wait.

Uh--I'm into Star Wars, and I've got a whole room full of junk to show for it.  But (as OCB can verify), I've been "talking about Star Wars" on the internet for, like seven years.  What's left to talk about?  The old movies rule, the new movies suck, what toys are coming out next?  

I still check the front page every day, and I browse the Saga (and now OTC) forum every once in a while, but really, there's not much to say.  Usually, if I have anything "interesting" to add on a Star Wars subject, while reading through a thread, I'll find out that someone else has already addressed that topic for me.  And, sorry--I'm not a "me too!"-type of poster.

And Colman hit the nail directly on the head with his post over there--I've been involved in several different online Star Wars collecting communities since 1997, and many of these people I consider my friends.  Sorry--not gonna give that up just because I don't want to talk about Star Wars 23 hours out of the day.

Hope you're reading, Duthro. . .
"The good news is that all that blood is actually ketchup. The bad news, however, is that all that ketchup is actually blood."

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #7 on: March 2, 2004, 12:29 PM »

jjks, you are now exempt from banning as we have visual proof that yes you are a SW Geek...unless we get some visual evidence from Billy C...hit it maestro

Consider yourself BANNED
Consider yourself Out of the Community
We've taken a vote and now
It's clear, you are going to hit the road

Offline Matt

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Lobot's Duplex
« Reply #8 on: March 2, 2004, 12:38 PM »
unless we get some visual evidence from Billy C...hit it maestro

Consider yourself BANNED
Consider yourself Out of the Community
We've taken a vote and now
It's clear, you are going to hit the road

Fine.  I'll just go post at Rebelscum again.

(You can't.  You're banned.)

Then, Galactic Hunter it is.

(Um, you don't know anybody over there.)

Well then, hello, SSG!

(The owner's a scumbag.)

TheForce.Net?

(See above.)

How about TheJawa.com?

(The hell?)

www.jediokc.com?

(Home sweet home!)

See you later, suckers!

"The good news is that all that blood is actually ketchup. The bad news, however, is that all that ketchup is actually blood."

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #9 on: March 2, 2004, 12:39 PM »
March 14, 2004 (Sunday) 1:30 p.m. Bowling Boulevard Bowl, Edmond - 3501 S. Boulevard

Have fun!

Offline Matt

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Lobot's Duplex
« Reply #10 on: March 2, 2004, 12:42 PM »
Boulevard Bowl--where I nailed my first 7/10 split--several times--with Jennifer Watson, back in '92, if you take my meaning. . .

Ahh, memories.

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #11 on: March 2, 2004, 12:58 PM »
Steeeeeeeeeeeeeerike

I'm going to lock this thread, one because you have your answer, two because your point has been made, three because I don't want to have to ban Billy C for promoting competing boards

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #12 on: March 2, 2004, 01:05 PM »
But wait!  What about my trade offer for the towel?!  LMK Jamie...   :-*