Author Topic: Pedestrian  (Read 1399 times)

Offline Vator

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
Pedestrian
« on: March 3, 2004, 05:48 PM »
I feel sick. I just walked form my school to my house. Big deal,eh? OH YEAH! Thats about 7 miles!

Heres the story...

This morning I remembered that my mom wouldn't be able to pick me up from school this afternoon (being that its a wednesday my dad is working at his practice in West Columbia.)

So after the homeroom bell rings I go and ask my friend Dillion if I can get a ride home with him. He says he'll ask his mom after school. Accepting this, I am confident that I can get a ride.

Well, the day passed and Dillion forgot. I could not find him in all the hall traffic and just decided I'd walk home... BIG MISTAKE

So, I formulate a plan to call my mom at 3:30 and hang out with my friends. But, when I go to the office at 3:30 a teacher was on the phone. After about 10 minutes she got off and I called. No awnser. No biggie, I'll just walk I say confidently. ::)

At 3:36 I was on the road, heading up east main street, towards a Wal-Mart. Super, the wankers didn't have a bloody side walk, so I had to detour across the parking lot. Fabulous, the Wal-Tards don't have a side walk there either. So I cross East Main street (although out here its US Highway 29)

By 4 o'clock I'm only 2 miles away form the school. Providentaly, I'm was approaching a BP. And so armed with a twenty pound book bag and 7 pound binder (literaly) I walk in and buy a 1 liter pepsi.
The girl working at the counter (a pretty black girl with orange hair) asks why am I so sweaty, I explain the situation to her and she says exactly what I had been contemplating for most of the walk. ''I would have just gone to some place and eatn' and get someone to pick me up,''
I then ask to use the phone and she replies, wait for the manager to come in. Indeed five minutes later the manager arrives and I call my mom.
''They're in the middle of doing my hair,'' she says and ventures to pick me up in 30 minutes. I angerdly reply I'll call my friends house and see if they can shuttle me home. However, there was no awnser, so I thanked the girls for letting me use the phone and was on my way.
I was 3 miles from home and it was 4:19.
The rest of the trip was fairly easy other than the fact I had a constant struggle of holding the binder, the pepsi, and my pants up while walking home.By 4:58 I was three blocks from home, the pepsi (remember one whole liter) had long since been drank. And at 5:07 I was home.

Also on a side note: I have to turn in my mythology project tommorow and it counts 45-50 times. :-\ and I still have yet to complete it. ::)

The point of this post is to share your pedestrian storys, so whats your most interesting pedestrian story?
- June 22, 2004 12:13 AM -

Offline Darth Kenobi

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
Re: Pedestrian
« Reply #1 on: March 3, 2004, 05:58 PM »
Back in Middle School or it may of been my Freshman year in HS I had to walk home because my mom was picking up my Aunt.  It was only about 2 miles away from my house so it wasn't to big of a problem except it was raining cats and dogs.  About a mile away from my house I had to wade across a street intersection  that was flooded by a creek.  I found the lowest point of the water (up to my knees 2-3 feet) and crossed.  
I eventually made it home but was wet head to toe.  I turned on the T.V. to see a fire truck and a bunch of cars being overtaken by flood water in LA so I felt lucky to just have to cross a little water.

Offline D-Miles23

• Youngling
  • I like Cheese
    • View Profile
Re: Pedestrian
« Reply #2 on: March 3, 2004, 07:29 PM »
One time when I was heading home from a friends house by train, some impromptu rail repair was necessary and I couldn't transfer to the right train at the station I was at.... I asked the booth-dude if there would be manhattan bound service at any of the stations farther up the line. The guy said of course! So i went to the next stop, and lo, there was no service there either. So by this point I was pretty damned far away from my house already but I decided to take my chances with another station.... yeah that didn't exactly work out. I ended up walking from (only NYC people will know what I'm talking about) Coney Island to Bay Ridge (where I live). I could've just walked home from the first station, but I had to be stupid and lazy about it and I guess I learned a good lesson there.
Yahtzee