Author Topic: 2014: What Are You Collecting?  (Read 24212 times)

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
Re: 2014: What Are You Collecting?
« Reply #285 on: February 12, 2014, 05:21 PM »
I'm still fighting the urge to give up on certain things - namely Star Wars figures - I'm definitely suffering from collector fatigue...doesn't help that I can't find anything in stores and I'm STILL buying online when it comes to 3.75" TBS Waves 2 & 3 - at least the cases are going to move to a format of 2x of each figure... so here goes...

Hasbro Star Wars - continue to pick up all 3.75" product. Did not get into the 6" line, glad I made that decision. I'll continue to get 3x of each Collector-grade 3.75" figure, and 2x of each 5POA-grade 3.75" figure. (when I can find it)

Lego Star Wars - the lack of Hasbro product led me to pick up collecting Lego Star Wars sets again at the end of 2012, I was able to go back and get most of the 2012 product and I have an almost complete set of the 2013 stuff (I don't have the Wave 4 Planet Sets and I don't have the SDCC Jek-14 Mini-Fighter) - I'm psyched about the 2014 sets I've seen so far.

Lego Lord of the Rings / Hobbit - again, with the lack of Hasbro Star Wars product AND being near-complete on the 2013 Lego Star Wars releases, I decided to jump into another theme - so I went with the LotR/Hobbit sets. Do not regret doing it. Doesn't look like they have much more planned for this year (five LotR sets and four Hobbit sets from what I've seen). Of the sets that have been released so far - I'm down to just needing Gandalf Arrives, Tower of Orthanc, Frodo w/Cooking Corner, BluRay Release Bilbo Mini-Fig and Legolas Greenleaf Polybag release - to have the collection that I want - shouldn't be too bad once I get over the $200 Orthanc hurdle.  ;)

Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #286 on: February 19, 2014, 12:18 PM »
Time for the old post-Toy Fair update...

Star Wars
Black Series 3 3/4" - All OT-based figures, maybe a few others.
Black Series 6" - Definitely all OT-based characters, maybe all in (have been so far)
Black Series 6" Deluxe - All OT-based
Other - I'll likely give the Rebels stuff a try, and pick and choose with Mission Series/Legends

Marvel
Legends - Basically all in with these, so I've got the Cap Wave 2, and Guardians of the Galaxy
Marvel Infinite - Probably a few here or there
Guardians of the Galaxy - Unsure about new scale, but like the vehicles...possibly the figures

LEGO
As I can afford them, the OT Star Wars sets, LOTR/Hobbit, and later this year Guardians.

DC Collectibles
All in on those new Batman: TAS (and TNBA) 6" figures.  Love the show, figures look great.

Overall, very similar to my recent lists I guess.  Primarily the rest of 2014 will be about the Black Series (both scales) and Guardians of the Galaxy.  I'm trying to take a wait and see with Rebels, and actually see the show first, but I'll likely get at least some.  I'd get further into LEGOs if I could afford it as well.  Waiting to see what kind of Hobbit product we get, I'd like to at least finish the dwarf lineup out.

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Knight
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #287 on: March 11, 2014, 07:57 AM »
Never did this for 2014 for some reason:

Star Wars
- Black Series 3.75 inch: Pretty much all in
- Black Series 6 inch: Might pick up a few OT characters (I've resisted everything thus far)

Marvel
- I'll pick up any super articulated 3.75 inch figures that I like. I'm mainly after Spider-Man and X-Men related stuff, though I've pretty much gotten everything I've wanted outside of some villains. I'm debating picking up some of the 6 inch figures though, to go with the Batman: TAS figures I plan on buying.

DC:
- I too want all in on that Batman: TAS line. My biggest fear for this line is that it will lead to me wanting a Spider-Man to go with them, which will lead to me picking up 6 inch Marvel stuff. Then I'll decide I want some of the 6 inch Star Wars stuff, and all of a sudden I'll be all in on that. Sigh.

LEGO
I've already bought a lot of various stuff but here is my main focus:
- Star Wars: Anything OT related
- Marvel: Anything Spider-Man and X-Men related, sometimes I'll pick up the other heroes stuff although I mainly buy for the minifigures
- DC: Anything Batman, again mainly buying for the minifigures (and enough black bricks to build a LEGO TAS Batmobile)
- Everything Else: I want to buy the modular cinema and modular Parisian restaurant, Simpsons House, LEGO Movie Pirate Ship (MetalBeard's Sea Cow) and some other high ticket items. Plus the Ghostbusters set. Of course most of these sets cost around $200 a pop. Yikes.

Offline GrandMoffNick

• Jedi Knight
  • I am now using steroids to enhance my posts.
    • View Profile
« Reply #288 on: March 11, 2014, 08:03 AM »
Star Wars: Most anything Hasbro and cheaper Lego.

And dang it........ Too much Walking Dead
"A dog doesn't care if you're rich or poor, clever or dull, smart or dumb. Give him your heart and he'll give you his. How many people can you say that about, how many people can make you feel rare?"

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Everyone is ignorant, but on different subjects.
    • View Profile
« Reply #289 on: March 12, 2014, 02:22 PM »
 - New 4" & 6" Hasbro Star Wars
 - Vintage Kenner Star Wars
 - Walking Dead and Marvel Minimates
 - Masterpiece Transformers
 - Kreo Transformers
 - Kubricks (if they ever make any more)
 - Occassional Lego Star Wars and Megablocks Halo sets

Luckily my display space is drying up fast, so I'm widdling my "needs" down quite a bit.
"If trees could scream, would we be so cavalier about cutting them down? We might, if they screamed all the time, for no good reason. " -Jack Handey

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi General
  • Deceived? WHAT?!?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #290 on: April 16, 2014, 09:34 AM »
It's pretty limited for me this year.

-HASBRO STAR WARS - New 3.75" & 6" figures and ALL NEW Vehicles
-SIDESHOW STAR WARS - Select 1/6th scale figures - Jedi or Sith
-FUNKO GAME OF THRONES - 6" figures
-HASBRO MARVEL - Select 3.75" scale movie & comic based figures.  It depends on the character
« Last Edit: April 16, 2014, 09:35 AM by Nicklab »
"You were entrusted to lead the Republic." - Vote for Ven Zallow from THE OLD REPUBLIC in figure polls!

Feedback