Community > Other Toy Lines

2024: What Are You Collecting?

<< < (60/78) > >>

evenflow:
The end of 2014 and now into 2015 saw the end of most of my collecting habits. I have stopped everything (except MOTUC, and this line am tired of it) and am focusing on Hot Toys Star Wars and Marvel figures.

Ben:
Still trying to collect Star Wars. Still somewhat successful, except for not being able to find Doallyn. I cherry pick the 6" guys, but after seeing how Hasbro cheaped out on Vader and Yoda, I might stop with those.

GI Joe- Hasbro just appointed a new brand manager for this line, and in an interview with the Club, started talking about figures and vehicles (!) but we'll have to wait and see. If it turns out to be 2.5" stuff like the Avengers/Marvel stuff, there could be a lot of incredibly disappointed collectors.

Transformers- The rumors for stuff this year will make this interesting. There's a $150 Devastator in TRU computers, for starters...

MOTUC- I've cherry picked for years now, and will continue to do so until the end. There's supposed to be a "huge" announcement at Toy Fair, and I'm left wondering what it could be.

Jesse James:
At the moment, dust.

JediJman:
Ha! 

2015:

Star Wars
Black Series 3 3/4" - All
Black Series 6" - All
Mission Series - All
Legends - Cherry Picking
Rebels 3 3/4" - All for now including the ships
Varioius Lego Sets
Vintage lots here and there
Episode 7 Figures...?

Marvel
Legends - Avengers & Guardians figures
Marvel Infinite - Avengers figures
Minimates - Avengers figures
12" Figures - One or two when I see a sale or something really incredible

Transformers
Hasbro/Takara - Official Masterpiece Figures (G1)
Third Party - Masterpiece Look & Feel (Warbotron's Bruticus & Fantstoys Dinobots among others)
KREO Minifigures - Most of the G1 based figures

Other
Funko - a few figures here and there.  Probably stick with Aliens and Terminator
DC - I'll grab a 6" figure or two if they catch my eye

Funny, I would have said just a handfull of lines, but once I typed them all up there is more than I thought.  The limited releases from Star Wars and Marvel have redirected a lot of my funds and interest towards Masterpiece Transformers.  I've picked up a few Seekers and Alternators of the years, but after getting Quakewave (Not Soundwave) about a year ago, I'm all in on the MP Transformers figures.  Trying to build a solid collection of G1 figures - I have so far acquired a version of AUTOBOTS: Optimus, Blaster, Jetfire, Red Alert, Iron Hide, Rachet, Grimlock, Swoop, Wheelie, Bumblebee, Prowl, Smokescreen, Bluestreak, Wheeljack, Huffer, Eject, Ramhorn, & Brawn to fight DECEPTICONS: Soundwave, Starscream, Thundercracker, Skywarp, Ravage, Lazerbeak, Rumble, Frenzy, Ravage, Buzzsaw, Shockwave, Acid Storm, Sunstorm, Brawl, Blast Off, & Swindle.  I have the rest of the Dinobots and Combaticons on pre-order, along with 3P versions of Megatron and Perceptor, but I'm fast approaching a full cast for these guys (I hope!). Still a few of the cars to be made (Sunstreaker, Jazz, Mirage, Tracks) and the Conehead Seekers I suppose.  Maybe a few more combiners as well.  Luckily these are hitting about one per month, so a little easier to stomach the $100-200 price tags. 

I have been tempted by some of the vintage Funco figures, Acid Rain, and even a variety of Legos, but I'm struggling to make space for my collection as it is.   :P

Jeff:

--- Quote from: Jesse James on July 31, 2013, 09:45 PM ---At this point, dust.
--- End quote ---

--- Quote from: Jesse James on January 21, 2015, 12:20 AM ---At the moment, dust.
--- End quote ---

Do you have any pics to share?  Are you keeping it in jars or just letting it collect naturally around the room?  How do you keep your cats from rolling around in it?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version